• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

EviLore
Expansive Ellipses
(09-26-2008, 03:43 PM)
Discussing the game itself, talking about user-made content, etc. goes here. DO NOT bring key talk of any nature into this thread.
Danielsan
(09-26-2008, 03:43 PM)
Thanks eviLore!!

I just republished Death and all his friends (improved some stuff including the checkpoint).

Preview shots:

[IMG]http://i36.************/wu06xc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i36.************/2e2jvw1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/15gdox3.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by Danielsan; 09-26-2008 at 03:49 PM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(09-26-2008, 03:44 PM)
The Uncharted level I tried last night was really cool. Lot's of peril.
Last edited by LiquidMetal14; 09-26-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Metalmurphy
Banned
(09-26-2008, 03:46 PM)
Improved the list a big, think it looks better this way.

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

note: levels may change pages / planets

===========
by GAF
===========

Code:

Creator     -> Level Name > Location)

Tempy       -> duckroll mobile -----------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
chubigans   -> GAF-Lemmings Blox ---------------> north east of Canada (page 1)
JPBrowncoat -> Windmill Fling ------------------> near New York (page 7)
JPBrowncoat -> Shocking Cart Ride --------------> .... ( video )
Metalmurphy -> Lunar Landing 1.0 ---------------> Portugal (video)
Bliddo      -> The Traveler --------------------> eastern Europe (mushroom icon) (page 8)
McBacon     -> [GAF] The Mountain King ---------> Australia (page 1)
????????    -> Greenland For GAF ---------------> south pole, green icon (page 7)
alterno69   -> Liquid Ice ----------------------> Mexico (video)
Flakari     -> Phoenix Labyrinth ---------------> Midwest USA (Fire Icon) (page 4)
????????    -> HEDGEHOG engine Test  -----------> just north of Australia (page 3)
Gowans007   -> less faster n harder for neogaf -> south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
????????    -> Ruins of GAF --------------------> eastern Europe (page 7)
????????    -> Electric Madness ----------------> west of South America (page 2)
Foil        -> The Horror Of '44  --------------> North Pole (House Icon) (page 3)
????????    -> Escape from Super Ninja Island -->
????????    -> GAF Truck Test ------------------>
????????    -> GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1 --------->
????????    -> TheNextBigThing ----------------->
????????    -> Sock-gra-la --------------------->
????????    -> SMB Dungeon 1-4 -----------------> South Pole (page 7)
TONX        -> Wipeout LBP! --------------------> FLORIDA
joaomgcd    -> Shooting Range ------------------> France (Page 2)(Circle with arrow icon)
Gowans007   -> ahhahah -------------------------> south pole (underwear icon)
======================
not by GAF, but worth playing
======================

Heist (Part 1) ..... near North Pole (pink icon) (page 1)
rollercoaster ..... Mediterranean (page 1)
Little Big UNCHARTED ..... Pakistan (between Europe and India) (page 1)
SMB1 ..... California (page 2)
The Great Escape (Escape Nazi Germany!) (CENSORED!!!)
Escape The Cave! (multi-tiered level) .....
Temple of the Damned ..... Indonesia (page 5)
Icy Time trial ... South Africa (page 1)
Coco's Fun House .....
Dinoland ... Canada (page 1)
crazy wild west .... east of Canada (page 2)
Get off the Choppa' .... China
Asian Heights ... Asia (page 7)

===
lol
===

Xbox 360 button ... north pole (page 1)

quote, remove quote-tags and add more (with rough location !)
Last edited by Metalmurphy; 09-26-2008 at 10:11 PM.
msdstc
(09-26-2008, 03:46 PM)
So how did the mario level turn out? I'm interested to see if someone would possibly make one that's identical to the old one. Also that donkey kong one seemed awesome. Anybody get to try that out?
joaomgcd
(09-26-2008, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

Improved the list a big, think it looks better this way.

Could you change my level name to "Shooting Range", please? I changed it in game...Thanks. :)
DMPrince
(09-26-2008, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by msdstc

So how did the mario level turn out? I'm interested to see if someone would possibly make one that's identical to the old one. Also that donkey kong one seemed awesome. Anybody get to try that out?

LittleBigDonkey? not yet.

As far as Mario Level goes. While it's nice to use all layers. sometime it will look better if people stuck to one layer :lol
LiquidMetal14
(09-26-2008, 03:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Playstation Blog

5) This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title.

This is very, very good news.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(09-26-2008, 03:49 PM)

Originally Posted by joaomgcd

Could you change my level name to "Shooting Range", please? I changed it in game...Thanks. :)

The point of that list is for people to quote, remove the quote tags, and make the necessary changes so the last list is always the updated one ;) But I've changed it already
Tntnnbltn
As I posted in the other thread just before the split, I finished work on my handheld weapon prototype. I published it online. As of now, it's on Page 4, Western Australia.

The weapon is made of pink foam; I needed something light so that Sackboy could still jump with it. It contains a emitter, which flings out a pre-made electrified golf ball. The emitter is hooked up to a grip sensor, so when you grab the back of the gun it starts firing.

The full gun prototype is a reward for finishing the demo.

EDIT: Changed page already. x2
Last edited by Tntnnbltn; 09-26-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
How customizable are the Sackboys/girls themselves in the beta?
Wollan
Banned

Originally Posted by Doc Evils

OPM UK gave LBP a 10/10.

Going by the Beta, if the scale went to 11 this game would be the one deserving.
donkey show
Little Big Dev

5) This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title

I'm hoping it doesn't matter what region beta you have.
Dragon
Banned
(09-26-2008, 03:50 PM)
That's awesome Danielsan!.

I can't wait to do some level making, I just went through all the tutorials last night.
flipping_heck
changed his name from Satan to John.
PR purposes and all that.
I have to play some of those levels (will add names later)

Atm, i've been tryign to get myself used to the user-creation things, and i finally made my first monster today (crappy robot like thing) with punching fire arms and stuff.

Im trying to make a school bus object but I can't seem to bolt a platform onto my wheels and windows... ah well, im sure i get it sooner or later..
Guled
hey, who ever has this game add me to your friends list and do coop sometime

PSN: Nytekrawla
msdstc

Originally Posted by DMPrince

LittleBigDonkey? not yet.

As far as Mario Level goes. While it's nice to use all layers. sometime it will look better if people stuck to one layer :lol

Can you just place decorations in the background? Or does it have to be objects from the game. Like I said I think it'd be amazing if somebody just straight up made an identical copy of mario 1-1, which I'm sure we'll see eventually.

Also is littlebigdonkey, the one where they recreated classic donkey kong? I could see that working out really good. The only recreation I've seen so far is tetris which was pretty cool.
Kurosaki Ichigo
(09-26-2008, 03:51 PM)
When you read about a certain story level, on the last page where it shows items collected, are they shown in order? I'm missing #26 in the 2nd stage and I'd like some help because I can't find it :D
TheExodu5
There are already more beta key posts than gameplay posts. The other thread is winning. Noooooooo!

P.S. I can't stop thinking about LBP. I need to put all my creative juices into an awesome level this weekend.
LiquidMetal14

Originally Posted by donkey show

You can play with each other online already so I'm pretty sure it won't matter with that aspect either.

Originally Posted by Wollan

Going by the Beta, if the scale went to 11 this game would be the one deserving.

None have ever been more deserving.
EviLore
Expansive Ellipses

Originally Posted by TheExodu5

There are already more beta key posts than gameplay posts. The other thread is winning. Noooooooo!

Let's not do this.
rhino4evr
(09-26-2008, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by donkey show

I don't tink the Beta's will be seperate.
AVclub
(09-26-2008, 03:53 PM)
I tried the Rollercoaster one last night with friends and discovered that it doesn't work with 3 sackboys on it. With a single one it works great, but the weight is thrown off with three of them hanging on it.

I really love all the user content out there already. I have some great ideas for items I want to build and levels I'm looking to make with them. This game will be the ultimate time suck for me. It's like virtual Lego's with infinite piece possibilities.
Stike
I wonder if I have to go through all those STINKING ANNOYING MANDATORY (!) tutorials again when the full game comes out... or if it detects that I already did them in the beta??

Pretty please! :(
msdstc
Oh yeah and sorry to keep asking questions, but can you download user created levels region free? I remember there was question up in the air a while back whether the levels outside your region would be locked out. The other one was about pictures off your hard drive, can you do that?
darkressurection
(09-26-2008, 03:54 PM)
Just got the Beta so I will be joining you all in a bit.:D
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(09-26-2008, 03:54 PM)
shouldn't the thread title be "LittleBigPlanet Beta Discussion"? :D
jman2050
(09-26-2008, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Wollan

Not that high, but assuming they fix some stupid nagging issues this is 9-9.5 range easily.

Phoenix Labyrinth is probably the hardest "fair" level I've played so far. That's the kind of stuff I'll be looking for in the future :D
_RT_
(09-26-2008, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Stike

I wonder if I have to go through all those STINKING ANNOYING MANDATORY (!) tutorials again when the full game comes out... or if it detects that I already did them in the beta??

Pretty please! :(

I was wondering the same thing.
To add to my confusion... I've been playing this on my EU account. Can I use my US account instead?
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(09-26-2008, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by _RT_

I was wondering the same thing.
To add to my confusion... I've been playing this on my EU account. Can I use my US account instead?

yes, with ANY game on PS3, the account you play it on doesn't matter. the only tricky thing is buying/getting stuff with the right account. once you download it it's registered to your machine, not your account.
DMPrince

Originally Posted by msdstc

Can you just place decorations in the background? Or does it have to be objects from the game. Like I said I think it'd be amazing if somebody just straight up made an identical copy of mario 1-1, which I'm sure we'll see eventually.

Also is littlebigdonkey, the one where they recreated classic donkey kong? I could see that working out really good. The only recreation I've seen so far is tetris which was pretty cool.

what do you mean by decorations? stickers and such?

oh as far as my comment goes about layers. at least enough layers to jump onto the brick and such. use the camera tool to focus the camera in front at all times so you don't see the side view.
Stillmatic

Originally Posted by Tntnnbltn

As I posted in the other thread just before the split, I finished work on my handheld weapon prototype. I published it online. As of now, it's on Page 2, Western Australia.

The weapon is made of pink foam; I needed something light so that Sackboy could still jump with it. It contains a emitter, which flings out a pre-made electrified golf ball. The emitter is hooked up to a grip sensor, so when you grab the back of the gun it starts firing.

The full gun prototype is a reward for finishing the demo.

EDIT: Changed page already

Just checked it out, it's a pretty neat little weapon. :D
____
(09-26-2008, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Danielsan

Thanks eviLore!!

I just republished Death and all his friends (improved some stuff including the checkpoint).

Preview shots:

[IMG]http://i36.************/wu06xc.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i36.************/2e2jvw1.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i34.************/15gdox3.jpg[/IM]

Your level made me almost cry last night. I couldn't beat it (iirc)

and then the part where the big skull asks you to grab on and takes you up to the next level....is there any way to get all the bubbles? you don't know HOW many times I jumped back off (only to be burned to death ;[ ) just to try to get all those bubbles.

Anyways, challenging level which = good stuf. :D
Definity
(09-26-2008, 04:00 PM)
Is this game a total time suck or what? I spent 6 f'n hours yesterday building a level and loved every minute of it. :D
LiquidMetal14
(09-26-2008, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by borghe

shouldn't the thread title be "LittleBigPlanet Beta Discussion"? :D

The mods are on it :D
Danielsan
(09-26-2008, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by ____

Your level made me almost cry last night. I couldn't beat it (iirc)

and then the part where the big skull asks you to grab on and takes you up to the next level....is there any way to get all the bubbles? you don't know HOW many times I jumped back off (only to be burned to death ;[ ) just to try to get all those bubbles.

Anyways, challenging level which = good stuf. :D

Its easier now. I tweaked Death a bit. He was throwing too many electrical thingies. :lol
Try it again if you will. :D
Freedom = $1.05
Akimbo Dogs
(09-26-2008, 04:02 PM)
How...how did I miss 59% of the items in the second level? Do I stink that bad? *goes back to give it a third try*
Billen
Banned
(09-26-2008, 04:02 PM)
When Sony were talking about user created content being a part of their vision etc they clearly were not kidding around.
Oni Jazar
(09-26-2008, 04:03 PM)

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

Please don't spam this list. This is just as annoying as the beta key request list.
LiquidMetal14

Originally Posted by Billen

When Sony were talking about user created content being a part of their vision etc they clearly were not kidding around.

The reception this game has received is bittersweet. Anyone who can't play this or doesn't have a PS3 should seriously be jealous. This is quite a revolutionary game.

Originally Posted by Oni Jazar

Please don't spam this list. This is just as annoying as the beta key request list.

Maybe Evil can update the OP from time to time or something. The list should be on the online forum or something though.
Tntnnbltn
Holy shit, just tried my weapon demo with local co-op. Aerial jetpack battles with electrified golf balls FOR THE WIN.
Danielsan
(09-26-2008, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Freedom = $1.05

How...how did I miss 59% of the items in the second level? Do I stink that bad? *goes back to give it a third try*

There are cardboard figure that need their respective sticker sticked onto them. They'll earn you a ton of goodies.
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(09-26-2008, 04:04 PM)
AWESOME that our levels will transfer. Woot!

Gowans - As requested I have published a level with some GAF stickers. Sorry about the quality..there may be something wrong with my camera :| I included another GAF logo sticker I picked up on another level, and as you can see, it's much better quality.

You should see it via my levels, its badge has Evilore's avatar on it.
jman2050
(09-26-2008, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Freedom = $1.05

Look for sticker switches.
EviLore
Expansive Ellipses

^
rhino4evr

Agreed, but it should be stickied. There are a lot of folks that want sugestions on what to play.
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward

Originally Posted by Tntnnbltn

Holy shit, just tried my weapon demo with local co-op. Aerial jetpack battles with electrified golf balls FOR THE WIN.

I gave this a go - we need to find a way to stabilize the orientation of the weapon.

If we can do this then...that + jetpacks = side scroller shoot-em-up opportunities UNLOCKED! :p

Also, if someone is going to keep a master list in the OP, could they include my "How can you shoot?!?!" level? Please? :) It's on page 4 last I checked, with a bishoptl/sam jackson icon. It's just a control test for 'vertical shoot-em-up' style controls, but some people might like to have a look to see what more might be possible genre-wise.
pr0cs
(09-26-2008, 04:06 PM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

The reception this game has received is bittersweet. Anyone who can't play this or doesn't have a PS3 should seriously be jealous. This is quite a revolutionary game.

And anyone who's been on GAF long enough knows well enough to take posts full of hyperbole with a grain of salt... Just saying.
Hopefully they turn the beta into some sort of demo for people on the fence about this game.
Mets39

Originally Posted by Definity

Is this game a total time suck or what? I spent 6 f'n hours yesterday building a level and loved every minute of it. :D

Even though i'm not gonna make a level anytime soon, I think i have spend at least 20 hours on the level Editor :p So much things to be assimilated!

Oh and thanks Evilore!
Freedom = $1.05
Akimbo Dogs

Originally Posted by jman2050

Look for sticker switches.

Originally Posted by Danielsan

There are cardboard figure that need their respective sticker sticked onto them. They'll earn you a ton of goodies.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that makes sense. Thanks!