• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Anth0ny

1. We Are!
2. Believe
3. Hikari e
4. Kokoro no Chizu
5. Share the World
6. One Day
7. Brand New World
8. Bon Voyage
9. Crazy Rainbow
10. Fight Together
11. Jungle P
12. We Are shitty version
13. Shit

I don't count the We Are Strawhats version. I like Fight Together but I think it's still too new. We Go sounds amazing, can't wait for next week!

Uchip

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Finally watched the new episode. That We Are montage was fucking perfect.

GO TO NEW WORLD!

it was
apart from the very beginning of it where luffys running animation was hilarious (go check it out )

Anth0ny

BobLoblaw said:
With the way the arc is going in the manga, they won't be in the new world even a year from now. :( But I do agree that the ending montage was an awesome touch.

oh yeah this arc in the manga is taking forever

and the anime adaptation is going to take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maron

Naxx said:
Uhm 2 eps doesn't always mean a "wasted" episode, just 2 eps.

It would be a waste because they're already really close to the manga, they can't afford to give two episodes at once anymore, unless you'd be fine with horrible pacing in the near future.

VGChampion said:
I really wish we were getting some full episode filler. It would make the actual show when important stuff is happening sooooo much better. I really hope they don't continue the trend of extreme slow pacing and just go with what fits the show.

Even when we were getting full episodes of filler showing the SHs again after Impel Down, Marineford ended up being a mess.

Anth0ny

Maron said:
It would be a waste because they're already really close to the manga, they can't afford to give two episodes at once anymore, unless you'd be fine with horrible pacing in the near future.

wat

Maron

Ok, I know it's a year behind, but I still don't think they could afford to do 2 chapters now. I mean, FI isn't even complete yet and we're already a few episodes away from it!

And the pacing lately has been just fine so I'm personally not worried.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Maron said:
Ok, I know it's a year behind, but I still don't think they could afford to do 2 chapters now. I mean, FI isn't even complete yet and we're already a few episodes away from it!

Right now, they're about 42 episodes behind the manga, so you're right. There's no way they'll be doing more than one chapter per episode. I sort of cringe at that because the first 25-30 chapters on FI were terribly paced anyway. Not sure how the hell they're going to pull it off.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Maron said:
Ok, I know it's a year behind, but I still don't think they could afford to do 2 chapters now. I mean,
FI
isn't even complete yet and we're already a few episodes away from it!

May want to spoiler that out, dude.

Spoiler talk about Manga vs. Anime..

I wouldn't say that we're fairly close to FI. There's quite a few chapters before they even get there. I mean the Fake Strawhats are there for 3-4 chapters, then there's the descent to FI... then once we get there we're going to have to suffer through that flashback with the Queen.

In short, the anime could probably cover more of the manga in an episode up until certain points. I definitely do think that some manga chapters require a dedicated anime episode.

EDIT: Not everyone in here reads the manga guys. Some of you guys have posted something that could be considered spoilers for the anime watchers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Entropia said:
May want to spoiler that out, dude.

Spoiler talk about Manga vs. Anime..

I wouldn't say that we're fairly close to FI. There's quite a few chapters before they even get there. I mean the Fake Strawhats are there for 3-4 chapters, then there's the descent to FI... then once we get there we're going to have to suffer through that flashback with the Queen.

In short, the anime could probably cover more of the manga in an episode up until certain points. I definitely do think that some manga chapters require a dedicated anime episode.

EDIT: Not everyone in here reads the manga guys. Some of you guys have posted something that could be considered spoilers for the anime watchers.
Seriously? Even in the anime they've been talking about going to that island next since 2007.

Ifrit

Uchip said:
it was
apart from the very beginning of it where luffys running animation was hilarious (go check it out )

Yeah I noticed that too, but it got way better

I really think this should've been a pretty good point to end the series for a while, and take a break for like a couple of years starting from the timeskip with a new anime series, kinda like what DBZ is to DB

Ifrit said:

I really think this should've been a pretty good point to end the series for a while, and take a break for like a couple of years starting from the timeskip with a new anime series, kinda like what DBZ is to DB

That seems like a risky move, taking a break seems like they could just lose the fanbase and viewers and never reach its former glory. I cant imagine One Piece remaining this popular three years from now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ifrit said:

Except DBZ didn't start a couple years after Dragon Ball, it started exactly one week after it ended.

Ifrit

BatDan said:
Except DBZ didn't start a couple years after Dragon Ball, it started exactly one week after it ended.

I was referring more at being treated as a different series from the original one, but didn't know it was just a week after wow, I though it aired at least half a year from the ending of original DB

I guess that wouldn't make a difference in pacing then

A more accurate example would be Hajime no Ippo and New Challenger, even though it's not nearly as popular as OP or DBZ

Dedication Through Light said:
That seems like a risky move, taking a break seems like they could just lose the fanbase and viewers and never reach its former glory. I cant imagine One Piece remaining this popular three years from now.

IT WOULD REMAIN POPULAR TO ME DAMMIT!!

But seriously, some kind of yearly season structure like american shows would greatly benefit the pace of series like OP while avoiding it from catching up to the source material

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
A break would be fine. If the Anime ran for, say, 9 months of the year that would be ~36-40 eps, and would allow it to better run alongside the manga, without "losing" people. It would only require one short 4-5 episode filler arc once a year to stay fast paced and in-line.

Anth0ny

In Japan, One Piece is as successful as it is because of the manga. Strong World helped too, but that was because Oda was the producer and they marketed the FUCK out of it.

One Piece will continue to be popular as long as the manga is super godlike.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

eosos said:
What's the best way to watch episodes then? Should I watch the sub or is the dub pretty good?

I like the dub but its only halfway through, the sub is good. This wont compare to Bleach and Naruto though since its much slower paced, but its still amazing nevertheless.

Wiseblade

eosos said:
What's the best way to watch episodes then? Should I watch the sub or is the dub pretty good?
I found the dub super distracting since Funimation used almost the exact same cast as DBZ, but outside of that it's perfectly serviceable.
I like the dub but its only halfway through, the sub is good. This wont compare to Bleach and Naruto though since its much slower paced, but its still amazing nevertheless.
WHAHAHAHAHAHA

eosos said:

Probably easier to watch the sub since you'd have to switch over at some point anyway. The Funi dub isn't bad though. Stay FAR away from the 4kids one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My mind is full of channed jackies.

Steroyd

eosos said:

4Kids dub.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Ahem* best to just do the subs, only way to garauntee you'll be able to watch every episode up until thel atest.

Neoriceisgood said:
I can't wait for this! Let's throw a party!

brookravegz9.gif

21ay7g0.gif

chopper.gif

Uchip

Banned
survivor said:
Well he is right, One Piece just can't be compared to these two. Naruto got the Sauce and Bleach got Aizen. One Piece got nothing.

This is fine
If you are under the age of 13

Cwarrior

^ spoilers

Am so hyped but sadly am going to have to wait like 5 days for hd subs.

upandaway said:
There are actually advertising posters all over Japan right now with the new designs, has been this way since last week

It's like some people don't understand the concept of spoiler

Edit: found it
http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/526/One-Piece-New-World.jpg

Kinda crazy that they'd put it up like that.

don' live in japan, but that's spoiler to me(too bad i already been spoiled)

BobLoblaw

Banned
I've been counting down all day. Hope the intro is amazing. It better be since this is officially part 2. It needs to be on par with "We Are."

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
upandaway said:
There are actually advertising posters all over Japan right now with the new designs, has been this way since last week

It's like some people don't understand the concept of spoiler

Edit: found it
http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/526/One-Piece-New-World.jpg

Kinda crazy that they'd put it up like that.
I'm always a fan of new designs being revealed as the character appears, so I was pissed when Oda did his "callback to chapter 1" spread revealing all of the new designs at the beginning of the chapter -_-

Top Bottom