• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

Yama

1_01.gif

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Title: Biohazard 5 (バイオハザード 5) / Resident Evil 5 *Demo*

Platform: PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360

Players: 1-2

Online: Yes

Leaderboards: ?

Release:

- 12/05/08 (JP) - XBL
- 12/18/08 (JP) - BRD (Disc)
- 12/??/08 (JP) - PSN

- 01/??/09 (US) - XBL
- 01/??/09 (US) - PSN

(Supposed Countdown)

Demo Campaign:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/campaign/bh5/

Helpful links:

How to get a Japanese XBL Gold trial (Thanks to Dot50Cal)

Note before posting:

duckroll said:
I just want to be clear. This is a demo, and it's free, and MS has no rules against people burning demos to disc or whatever and running them (since they clearly allow it and don't ban people on Xbox Live for it). So if you want to talk about it, it's cool. If you wanna talk about sharing accounts (at your own risk, since people could steal them) that's cool too, it's just being generous. But do NOT, not now and not EVER, link to or be helpful to suggest how to get to torrent sites or warez sites that will contain other forms of totally illegal material that happens to include said demo.

Yama

players.jpg

- Yama : YamaMX
- Rez>You : Rez Mistle
- NeoGAFFer : G7Ga7
- Guled : Guled91
- Nemesis556 : Nemesis556
- Ninja Kn1ght : Ninja Kn1ght
- PacoDG : PacoDG (US) - pdginjapan (JP)
- UK Narayan : SYSTEM Turn A
- Wark : WarkWarkWark (US) : King Mimiga (JP)
- viewtiful_dru : drubski
- Apharmd Battler : Apharmd Battler
- Jonsoncao : EulerNewton
- Rekwest : Martinrp
- MarkMan : MarkManRE5 (JP)
- INDIGO_CYCLOPS : the old jukebox (JP)
- Y2Kev : Y2KevBiohazard
- cvxfreak : rueniah62
- Tashi0106 : Tashi son
- desa : Paco Lisps (US) - Obama Kush (JP)

players2.jpg

- Yama : YamaMX
- Rez>You : R_e_z
- Guled : Nytekrawla
- Ninja Kn1ght : Ninja Kn1ght
- Wark : APark5
- viewtiful_dru : viewtifuldru
- Apharmd Battler : Apharmd Battler
- greenjerk : todahawk

*Post both regions if possible*

Due to the thread size, please PM names to be added.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
An official like thread for a demo. Neat.

Add me to the Xbox list and PS3 list.

Gamertag: Rez Mistle
PSN ID: R_e_z

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Do we know whether or not this demo will get region-locked? I'm aware of the fact that I'd get it in a demo listing anyway if I made a JPN account. Edit: Speaking of XBL.

Yama

wmat said:
Do we know whether or not this demo will get region-locked? I'm aware of the fact that I'd get it in a demo listing anyway if I made a JPN account. Edit: Speaking of XBL.
No word if it will take the same route as NG2, however it should be playable if burnt and played off of a DVD.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It should be added to the OP that the demo will be able to be torrented and burnt to a DVD and still be playable on an unmodded 360.

Nice work OP, but I don't see why you have to hold off making a list of PSN IDs until release. You might as well just add them now. ;)

I'm tempted to skip the demos altogether just to avoid any further exposure prior to purchase. I'll probably cave in, though in the hopes that both will be good eamples of the final products in the hope of deciding between the two rreleases.

Yama

It isn't known if you can play online with US accounts yet, so it may be best to post both regional tags if possible (US & JP accounts). Someone with experience playing Japanese 360 games online feel free to enlighten me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yama said:
It isn't known if you can play online with US accounts yet, so it may be best to post both regional tags if possible (US & JP accounts). Someone with experience playing Japanese 360 games online feel free to enlighten me.
It usually doesn't matter once the content is on your system. In the past, once you have something like this downloaded, you could sign out of your JP account log back into your regular one and stuff like leaderboards still work. I assume, hope, that that means online play will work.

MrDaravon

Do we have any idea if the trial Gold accounts will be able to download this? When I last looked at the other thread there was some confusion about that. I went ahead and created a Japanese gamertag anyway though.

Nemesis_

I'll be playing under Nemesis556, but for whatever reason if I can't use my Australian account, I'll be downloading and playing as NemOuttaJapan:lol

Revelations said:
Is it confirmed that we cant use 48 hour gold-trial codes on our silver jpn accounts to download the demo?

It does not work with any other gold exclusive demos, so there is no reason it will change for this.

luffeN

Yama said:
No word if it will take the same route as NG2, however it should be playable if burnt and played off of a DVD.

so i have to find the bio5 360 demo on the net and then burn it on a dvd to get it working? if its region free

Keyser Soze said:
It does not work with any other gold exclusive demos, so there is no reason it will change for this.
Hmmm, are there retail live cards that lets you just pay on a month to month basis? Tempted to just buy a month of live to up it to gold status.

Zoc

The OP seems to imply that a PSN release is expected in December. Is there a reason for that?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Zoc said:
The OP seems to imply that a PSN release is expected in December. Is there a reason for that?

Well there will be a demo disc made with RE5 on it and released on dec 18th.

Zoc

neojubei said:
Well there will be a demo disc made with RE5 on it and released on dec 18th.

Sure, but I haven't heard anything about a downloadable demo, and I'm sure as shit not buying another JPN PS3 for the disc.

About burning the demo in DVD. Do you need a special type of DVD, burning tools or burning method. Or just can be burned with Alcohol 120% in a regular DVD?.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
rockman zx said:
About burning the demo in DVD. Do you need a special type of DVD, burning tools or burning method. Or just can be burned with Alcohol 120% in a regular DVD?.

If it's like any other demo, you just burn it as a data dvd with any program. You have to burn it to the root directory of the DVD and you can't have anything else on it.

Sectus

Naruto said:
I did everything the guide said, but the menus in that profile are still in English, is this OK?
All the 360 menus will display in the language which is set in console settings (this is separate from the locale setting). If the xbox live menus (marketplace, inside xbox and etc) are in japanese, then you should have a working japanese account.

bumpkin

I know you guys who are able to download the demo aren't to blame for the US/EU not being able to -- its Capcom's choice where/how they distribute a demo -- but it still has to be said...

carusogif.gif

I want to play the demo so bad. *sob*

PacoDG

XBL: PacoDG (us) pdginjapan (jp)

Damn, I guess this is "old news" .. but the boxarts on some games are so cool to browse through... some better, some worse. I'm torn on if I like the Braid are they used.. feels so different with the art they have up (hourglass with sand falling out design)

Top Bottom