Endless
(01-24-2009, 01:39 AM)
[IMG]http://i41.************/2z5iyz7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.************/jl6hon.jpg[/IMG]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CuZ59k8LlsQ

[IMG]http://i44.************/125qhko.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest.

From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Product Information

* Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.
* Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.
* Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.
* Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.
* Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.
* Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.
* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!
* Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.
* Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.
* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!
* On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.
* The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.

Last edited by Endless; 02-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
(01-24-2009, 01:40 AM)
"Here's for the losers not getting the real game!"

Quick announcement though.
Guybrush Threepwood
Banned
(01-24-2009, 01:41 AM)
Not Fate of Atlantis 2, etc.
yoopoo
Banned
(01-24-2009, 01:45 AM)
This is the Nintendo Power teaser, no?
Kagari
Please understand.
(01-24-2009, 01:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaron Strife

"Here's for the losers not getting the real game!"

Quick announcement though.

:(
Azure Dream
(01-24-2009, 01:47 AM)
And without a single second of actual gameplay!
ephemeral garbage
(01-24-2009, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Endless

[IMG]http://i41.************/jl6hon.jpg[/IMG]

It's coming out for the first Playstation?!
Keyser Soze
(01-24-2009, 01:51 AM)
Not the platforms I want for an Indiana Jones game :(
Segata Sanshiro
(01-24-2009, 01:52 AM)
Hmmm... wonder who that VA is? The guy they had for Emperor's Tomb sounded exactly like Harrison circa the original Indy movies. The likeness of the face to Harrison isn't as good as Emperor's Tomb, either. :/
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(01-24-2009, 01:52 AM)
so GAF bitching about the game actually works ?? , and that was fast , go GAF go , now make a thread about Shenmue 3 .

Originally Posted by Not A Fur

that Playstation family logo , they use it for all of their system mean more than one Playstation system .
Rated-Rsuperstar
(01-24-2009, 01:53 AM)
So I take it the next gen Indy game is finally dead?
mjc
(01-24-2009, 01:54 AM)
What is this bullshit? People want an Indy game on 360 and PS3 not PS2 and DS.
Mifune
Mehmber
(01-24-2009, 01:55 AM)
It could be fun, I suppose.

That teaser doesn't exactly excite me, though.
pitt_norton
(01-24-2009, 01:55 AM)
Awesome. Can't wait for my Indy fix.
Stitch
(01-24-2009, 01:56 AM)
Trailer was better than crystall skull
Grimm Fandango
(01-24-2009, 01:57 AM)
I hope Euphoria is still in.
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(01-24-2009, 01:57 AM)

Originally Posted by mjc

it's also on the Wii :C

Originally Posted by Grimm Fandango

I hope Euphoria is still in.

IIRC Euphoria physics engine only run on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC

Originally Posted by Rated-Rsuperstar

So I take it the next gen Indy game is finally dead?

nah , you guys will have a TRUE next gen indy game , Indiana Jones .JR Starring Shia LaBeoufuck

Indiana Jones franchise as a whole is dead now
Last edited by Totobeni; 01-24-2009 at 02:02 AM.
RSTEIN
Banned
(01-24-2009, 01:58 AM)
and with this LucasArts is officially dead to me.
NoitoraJirugajr
(01-24-2009, 01:59 AM)
I'll get it if 1. It is also for 360 and 2. It has an all new john williams score.
Costanza
Banned
(01-24-2009, 01:59 AM)
ugh
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(01-24-2009, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by mjc

You probably don't want the one that actually was in development for those platforms, though.
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:00 AM)
"The Adventure continues on Wii"

:O :O

I thought they canned all Indy games in production? I fucking love Indy.
bigmakstudios
Banned
(01-24-2009, 02:01 AM)
I'd think it would benefit so much more from being on 360/PS3, but I hope it turns out all right nonetheless.
ephemeral garbage
(01-24-2009, 02:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Totobeni

so GAF bitching about the game actually works?

I think it's more along the lines of they were holding on to release the externally-developed SKUs alongside the 360/PS3 version, and now that that's been canned, they're rushing 'em out.
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(01-24-2009, 02:03 AM)

Yeah, they want to make sure it's playable on PS3.
Rated-Rsuperstar

Originally Posted by bigmakstudios

I'd think it would benefit so much more from being on 360/PS3, but I hope it turns out all right nonetheless.

I believe this was the 360/ps3 game that was shown a few years back. Not anymore.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.

Originally Posted by Segata Sanshiro

Hmmm... wonder who that VA is? The guy they had for Emperor's Tomb sounded exactly like Harrison circa the original Indy movies. The likeness of the face to Harrison isn't as good as Emperor's Tomb, either. :/

Sounded like Steve Martin.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
(01-24-2009, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by NoitoraJirugajr

I'll get it if 1. It is also for 360 and 2. It has an all new john williams score.

Yeah, I'm sure John Williams would drop everything and create a score for an Xbox 360 game.
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(01-24-2009, 02:04 AM)

I think it's more along the lines of they were holding on to release the externally-developed SKUs alongside the 360/PS3 version, and now that that's been canned, they're rushing 'em out.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. All four last-gen versions were probably completed quite some time ago.
Defuser
(01-24-2009, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by mjc

They're playing it safe. Who knows what will happen if they develop a next gen indy and it bombed.
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Yeah, that seems to be the case. All four last-gen versions were probably completed quite some time ago.

Nice stealth troll, but DS isn't a last-gen system.

Originally Posted by NoitoraJirugajr

I'll get it if 1. It is also for 360

*looks at post*

*looks at thread title*

*watches trailer*

*looks at post again*
Zombie James
(01-24-2009, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Rated-Rsuperstar

I believe this was the 360/ps3 game that was shown a few years back. Not anymore.

The one that was a showpiece for Euphoria physics? Fuck, that looked awesome :(
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
(01-24-2009, 02:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Haunted

"The Adventure continues on Wii"

:O :O

I thought they canned all Indy games in production? I fucking love Indy.

I think this game pretty much the same " Staff of Moses " that was only for PSP two years ago , look like ported the project to PS2 and Wii since it's very easy to do that , it's easy cash after all without the HD high cost risk .
rollingstart
(01-24-2009, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by AniHawk

Sounded like Steve Martin.

looked like Marty Scorsese

I'll buy it if it's half as good as the Xbox game
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Totobeni

I think this game pretty much the same " Staff of Moses " that was only for PSP two years ago , look like ported the project to PS2 and Wii since it's very easy to do that , it's easy cash after all without the HD high cost risk .

The one that Amaze was making? That looked pretty good. Well, for a PSP game >_> <_<
Anticitizen One
Banned
(01-24-2009, 02:10 AM)

thats exactly what I was thinking.

Guess Lucasarts feels current gen isnt financially viable so they went retro :lol
scitek
(01-24-2009, 02:10 AM)

Yeah, I'm sure John Williams would drop everything and create a score for an Xbox 360 game.

He composed a piece for the inauguration, so it's not like he had anything big going on.
Rated-Rsuperstar
(01-24-2009, 02:11 AM)
That fact that Lucasarts is going to release a game like this and cancel Battlefront 3 makes me sad.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
(01-24-2009, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by scitek

He composed a piece for the inauguration, so it's not like he had anything big going on.

I'm sure if he was doing anything, he'd drop it all for the President of the United States.

Seriously? You're comparing a presidential inauguration (and this one in particular) to a video game?
Mifune
Mehmber
(01-24-2009, 02:16 AM)
I can't believe that the first Indiana Jones movie in like 20 years came out and there was no Indy video game to accompany it.

I don't know how you blow an opportunity like that. Oh wait, yes I do. You're fucking LucasArts.
omg rite
Banned
(01-24-2009, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by scitek

... You're kidding right? :lol
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Mifune

I can't believe that the first Indiana Jones movie in like 20 years came out and there was no Indy video game to accompany it.

I don't know how you blow an opportunity like that. Oh wait, yes I do. You're fucking LucasArts.

Yup, definitely rivals the lack of a The Dark Knight video game in terms of "missed opportunities to cash in with a licensed game".
bill0527
um, I'll be right back
(01-24-2009, 02:18 AM)
Apparently they went the cheap route and cut out an Indy game for the HD consoles.

I thought The Force Unleashed sold well for them?

Ehh judging by the quality of TFU though, they need to be outsourcing any shit they want to do on the HD consoles.
CTLance
(01-24-2009, 02:20 AM)
"Just terrific."

Uhm... Strange choice of voice actor. Otherwise, the CG looks fun. Gonna wait this out though. I do not trust anything with an Indy label after that Crystal Skull abortion.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
(01-24-2009, 02:21 AM)

LEGO Indiana Jones came out about two weeks later and sold tons.
Guled
(01-24-2009, 02:25 AM)
Is the HD Indiana Jones still happening?
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:25 AM)

yeah but thats lego

Originally Posted by Guled

Cancelled as far as we know.
Mifune
Mehmber
(01-24-2009, 02:26 AM)

Yeah but come on, you could make LEGO Shenmue and it would sell tons.

Okay, maybe not.
bill0527
um, I'll be right back
(01-24-2009, 02:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Guled

No. It was cancelled, along with all other Lucasarts projects for the HD consoles apparently.
Haunted
(01-24-2009, 02:27 AM)

Yeah but come on, you could make LEGO Shenmue and it would sell tons.

Okay, maybe not.

I'd buy LEGO Shenmue. It would be amazing, because not even Traveller's Tales could make a mediocre platformer out of that source material.