• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/02 - 02/08

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
And Inazuma 11's stubby little legs just keep on running. 300k soon, then it's an official success!

Vinnk

t3nmilez said:
Poor Another Code...it was advertised too so you can't blame that...

Yup, I saw a few ads for it.

Unlike Fragile there is no excuse or spin anyone can put on this. It is simply the market totally rejecting a game.

And it makes me :(

donny2112

Regulus Tera said:
how will I know how far is Wagamama from a million? :(

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 02/02 - 02/08

13. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 12,000 / 735,000

Eteric Rice said:
PantherLotus said:
At some point somebody needs to take responsibility for 3rd party Wii sales.
I'll do it! :|

(neutral) Eteric Rice
I think I'm retarded
(Today, 10:26 PM)

:lol

The tag stinks, but it fits so well right there.

Jonnyram

t3nmilez said:
Poor Another Code...it was advertised too so you can't blame that...
It should have been a DS game. There was absolutely no reason to move it to Wii. The graphics didn't even make that big of a jump.

Edit: some stuff from Shibuya at lunchtime. SF4 selling fast on both PS3 and 360. Couldn't find a copy of Skate 2 for 360 anywhere :(

donny2112

Jonnyram said:
It should have been a DS game. There was absolutely no reason to move it to Wii. The graphics didn't even make that big of a jump.

From watching the videos, I'm surprised it wasn't originally planned for the DS. Wario Land: Shake It!, too.

Jonnyram said:

Edit: some stuff from Shibuya at lunchtime. SF4 selling fast on both PS3 and 360. Couldn't find a copy of Skate 2 for 360 anywhere :(

Man, I should hope SFIV sells. If it can't move units then it proves the Fighting genre is dead and buried for the forseeable future.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
inner-G said:
#1 = 45k?

recession confirmed.

I think it's more that it's the middle of february without a huge release out. Last year had Brawl at this time. 2007 did almost exactly the same as this week.

Quite low sales on the Wii front, I guess next week we will see the PS3 outsell the Wii with SF4 sales, wonder if it can do it for a couple of weeks, at least until Yakuza hits, then another few weeks.

mujun

@flying phoenix, what is the game in your avatar? if it's a game of course.

does anybody know what sort of numbers the average game (average dev costs that is) needs to sell before it breaks even?

100,000?

300,000?

mujun said:
@flying phoenix, what is the game in your avatar? if it's a game of course.

"Muramasa: The Demon Blade" for the Wii. It's the spiritual sequel to "Odin Sphere" and has a confirmed Japanese, European, and North American release for this year.

mujun

Flying_Phoenix said:
"Muramasa: The Demon Blade" for the Wii. It's the spiritual sequel to "Odin Sphere" and has a confirmed Japanese, European, and North American release for this year.

wii huh..... i'll be missing out then. i've heard of the game, didn't realize it looked that awesome, thanks for the info!

Eteric Rice

Vinnk said:
Yup, I saw a few ads for it.

Unlike Fragile there is no excuse or spin anyone can put on this. It is simply the market totally rejecting a game.

And it makes me :(

I wonder why it was rejected. :(

You should ask around.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So with the 90%+ sell-through on Demon's Souls that pretty much means it's been unavailable on the shelves, right? (after the first couple days, I mean) I'd be interested to know how big the 2nd shipment is, and if people are able to buy it now. Definitely looking forward to next week's MC to see how if it has legs or not.

donny2112

viciouskillersquirrel said:
25. [WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square Enix)

>:-(

WHY IS THIS $#!~ STILL IN THE TOP 50?

It's amazing the hate this game is getting. :lol I guess if it was just another release amongst many, it would be excused. Being a medium size tree in a desert makes it less excusable, though, I suppose.

cvxfreak

Biohazard 0 - 78k
Biohazard - 44k

2vlwm5s.jpg
2vlwm5s.jpg

If Capcom further discounts this with a Best Price re-release (bringing it down to ¥2000) then I can see even more sales out of these and the other Wii Biohazard games.

EDIT: Didn't notice Biohazard (remake) on the list either.

Chumly

05. [NDS] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square Enix) - 36,000 / 138,000

22. [WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square Enix) - 7,200 / 30,000
SUCK A DICK Square Enix!!!!!!!!!

What were the initial shipments of these?

Diseased Yak said:
So with the 90%+ sell-through on Demon's Souls that pretty much means it's been unavailable on the shelves, right? (after the first couple days, I mean) I'd be interested to know how big the 2nd shipment is, and if people are able to buy it now. Definitely looking forward to next week's MC to see how if it has legs or not.

Shinobi mentioned that the 2nd shipment sold out extremely quickly too, so I guess it's time to wait for a 3rd shipment!(probably today). It's pretty evident now that sony handled the distribution poorly . Who knows how much it could have sold if there was marketing and actual units shipped.

Loudninja

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Shinobi mentioned that the 2nd shipment sold out extremely quickly took, so I guess it's time to wait for a 3rd shipment!(probably today). It's pretty evident now that sony handled the distribution poorly . Who knows how much it could have sold if there was marketing and actual units shipped.

Are you serious? what is up with the small shipments -_-

How did the original Another Code do? And Hotel Dusk/Wish Room? I might be wrong, but I seem to recall the latter at least doing pretty well. Perhaps there just isn't an audience for adventure games on Wii in Japan and it'd have been better off on DS.

I think if there IS a Hotel Dusk/Wish Room sequel, it'll now almost certainly be a handheld follow-up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hero of Canton said:
How did the original Another Code do? And Hotel Dusk/Wish Room? I might be wrong, but I seem to recall the latter at least doing pretty well. Perhaps there just isn't an audience for adventure games on Wii in Japan and it'd have been better off on DS.

I think if there IS a Hotel Dusk/Wish Room sequel, it'll now almost certainly be a handheld follow-up.
Trace sold over 100k and Dusk sold well over 200k

Link

The Autumn Wind
Y2Kev said:
Castlevania Judgment - 3k

lolololololol

This has to be a worldwide bomba. I know CV doesn't move in JP but lololol.
Not all that surprising. Even the real Castlevania games sell like crap in Japan these days.

Aru

Hcoregamer00 said:
YES!!!!

Here is hoping that Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 smashes all the records for the newest tales games.

Eh... Already done since last week.

BorkBork said:
Fragile completely gone, Another Code tanks....
Damn.
yeah, this is a bad trend. To the casualty list you can include Zack&Wiki, Klonoa, Fatal Frame, Tenchu 4, No More Heroes, The Sky Crawlers, and TvCapcom underperforming. Sure, there might be decent reasons why each and every one of those games failed to catch on, but taken altogether its not encouraging at all. I'm seeing a disturbing trend towards "real games" not finding much of an audience on the JPN Wii, and that's a serious bummer.

Tenbatsu

HyperZone<3 said:
yeah, this is a bad trend. To the casualty list you can include Zack&Wiki, Klonoa, Fatal Frame, Tenchu 4, No More Heroes, The Sky Crawlers, and TvCapcom underperforming. Sure, there might be decent reasons why each and every one of those games failed to catch on, but taken altogether its not encouraging at all. I'm seeing a disturbing trend towards "real games" not finding much of an audience on the JPN Wii, and that's a serious bummer.
Monster Hunter 3 Tri needs to be out fast. Wonder will MHG this April be able to change anything?

Waaaait a tick, Fatal Frame IV sold better than any other Fatal Frame IIRC, and Suda was ecstatic over NMH sales. Those two games don't really belong in the list.

Dascu

Pureauthor said:
Waaaait a tick, Fatal Frame IV sold better than any other Fatal Frame IIRC, and Suda was ecstatic over NMH sales. Those two games don't really belong in the list.
Not the Japan sales.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom doesn't belong on that list. 45k's pretty solid.

RpgN

ToW2 is hanging in there!

Demon's Souls is doing good for the shipment it got, I agree that it should have been given more attention and a bigger shipment. Yet it was one of those games that would underperform, so why did it perform well? There was pretty much no buzz or coverage for it :/

The rest is kind of meh and expected.

Rolf NB

RpgN said:
ToW2 is hanging in there!

Demon's Souls is doing good for the shipment it got, I agree that it should have been given more attention and a bigger shipment. Yet it was one of those games that would underperform, so why did it perform well? There was pretty much no buzz or coverage for it :/

The rest is kind of meh and expected.
I have no idea how it went down on the ground in Japan, but the Nicovideo buzz was significant and reached wide. Pretty much just that kept GAF's official thread afloat for two weeks. Plus it just comes across as a good game. It's not one of those games that seem interesting at first glance but then crumble under inspection.

test_account

XP-39C²
Galactic Fork said:
I think it's more that it's the middle of february without a huge release out. Last year had Brawl at this time. 2007 did almost exactly the same as this week.
Ye, there might be some recession as inner-G said, but i also think that this is the main reason as well, that there arent any huge release out as you said.

It seems to be rather unusal though, or at least we didnt see too many weeks in 2008 where the number 1 spot on the chart sold below 50k. I browsed through the Famitsu Top 30 charts for 2008 and i only found 2 weeks where the number 1 spot had sold less than 50k. I only browsed through the charts rather quickly though so maybe i missed the numbers on some weeks.

There were also like 3 weeks where there werent any full Famitsu charts, what is the reason for this? Were there Golden Week and/or some vacation in Japan in these weeks so we didnt get?

markatisu

donny2112 said:
It's amazing the hate this game is getting. :lol I guess if it was just another release amongst many, it would be excused. Being a medium size tree in a desert makes it less excusable, though, I suppose.

Why is it amazing? Wii owners are tired of getting shafted and so now they are getting literally DS ports (instead of PSP ports)....what was the reaction supposed to be?

I applaud Japan for finally making a statement, though 30k sold of the Wii version puts it above some of the recent "bombs" on the Wii :lol

You need to remove Fatal Frame from your list it does not belong there, as was said earlier it sold the most out of the entire series on a platform that has less of a userbase then the other series releases had. If anything it did what it needed to by moving the niche fan base it had from the PS2, which is something not a lot of Wii games have been able to do (see ToS DoTNW which did not match its predecessors GC sales)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Y2Kev said:
Castlevania Judgment - 3k

lolololololol

This has to be a worldwide bomba. I know CV doesn't move in JP but lololol.

i would be flabbergasted if worldwide sellthrough topped 50k. no joke.

Top Bottom