• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Nemesis_

Baloonatic said:
So, does anyone know what the medals you can shoot throughout the game are for? Or is it just an achievement/trophy?
Achievements say that they are just achievements. If there's any in-game stuff linked to them, it's yet to be seen.

xfactor

Banned
Capcom's RE5 site have a new character section too...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/character.html

A BSAA info section
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/bsaa.html

2 tracks from the game are up on itunes now. the rest will be out when the game launch
http://www.capcom.co.jp/topics/bh5.html

most important, playrhq will be having a RE5 feature this weekend! never-before seen levels, walkthroughs as well as interviews with the production team and Capcom staff etc. they have a new video out too which contain mild spoiler
http://playrhq.wordpress.com/

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What sucks is this game comes out right as I go on Spring Break..and I'm taking a lady friend out to California with me. I will be with her all week, no time for gaming :(

What should I know about Wesker if I never finished RE1 and played 2 and 3? I really fucking need to finish REmake but I don't know where my saves are :(

Daigoro

awesome!!! cant wait to read the whole thing when i get a chance. RE5 is going to be so great.

Daigoro - GT: Matty Thorns

thanks CVX and Yama

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Excellent work on the thread. I won't be in here too much until after release since I've been on a pretty complete media blackout. I went into RE4 barely knowing anything and loved it. Seeing as I adored the demo I'm pretty damn pumped for this. My bandwidth issues should be worked out right around the release of this so I'll add my PSN. Just let me know you're from GAF and saw me in the RE5 thread if you add me.

PSN: RoboPlato
Eastern US

cvxfreak

New rule: Aside from PMs, please post gamertag or PSN information in this thread as well as your location.

Thanks!

Daigoro, putting you under XBL since apparently GT = GamerTag. :p

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Nice work on the thread, I'm really stoked for this game and enjoyed reading the plot history as well as Wesker's Reports. I'm gonna try and stay out of here until the game releases to avoid spoiling any surprises, but it's bookmarked nonetheless.

PSN - LiquidJM / Southern US

Daigoro

cvxfreak said:
Daigoro, which console is that tag for? :)

oops sorry, 360. i sent you a FR on Live by the way.

cvxfreak said:
New rule: Aside from PMs, please post gamertag or PSN information in this thread as well as your location.

Thanks!

thanks.

VaLiancY

Milky brings us the 3rd part of the Resident Evil 5 cover story, the interview with Takeuchi. A pretty good read, brings up Mikami, controls and the other issue.

Link

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PSN- matrixadw /eastern US

JT: That's a very good question. When it comes to making a Resident Evil game, first and foremost it must be a horror game. That's a very important element in making an entry in the Resident Evil series.

*rests case*

JT: I don't think that we're necessarily limiting what you can do in Resident Evil. On the contrary, Devil May Cry is the type of game that has a lot more abilities added to it because it's important for that character to be incredibly stylish and powerful; to pretty much be able to do anything that he wants. They took a regular game design and then put loads of other stuff on top of that, whereas being stylish plays a lesser role in Resident Evil. Having said that, when we approached Chris in Resident Evil 5, we spent a lot of time on his design -- especially on his biceps.

:lol :lol

Wark

brandonh83 said:
*rests case*

JT: I don't think that we're necessarily limiting what you can do in Resident Evil. On the contrary, Devil May Cry is the type of game that has a lot more abilities added to it because it's important for that character to be incredibly stylish and powerful; to pretty much be able to do anything that he wants. They took a regular game design and then put loads of other stuff on top of that, whereas being stylish plays a lesser role in Resident Evil. Having said that, when we approached Chris in Resident Evil 5, we spent a lot of time on his design -- especially on his biceps.

:lol :lol

That part got me too. :lol

Davey Cakes

So I played the demo again today.

It was fun, as always. Though, I still pretty much stand by the opinion that Public Assembly is garbage.

VaLiancY

I'm about to make Chris' Bicep Defense Force. Is a man not entitled to bulk up til his muscles look like Godzilla's thigh?:lol

VaLiancY said:
Milky brings us the 3rd part of the Resident Evil 5 cover story, the interview with Takeuchi. A pretty good read, brings up Mikami, controls and the other issue.

Link

I enjoyed that peice. Had some information in it that I had no idea about.

PSGames

Phaethon0017 said:
Definitely my most anticipated game right now. Capcom has served me well this gen.

So freakin true. I've come to the point where I blindly buy anything with their name on it.

USD

Rash said:
So I played the demo again today.

It was fun, as always. Though, I still pretty much stand by the opinion that Public Assembly is garbage.
Why do you think that? I think it's a lot more fun than Shanty Town. Personally, I've gotten to the point where I play Public Assembly almost exclusively, except when playing as Sheva (since there's no stage select in that case).

Oh yeah, might as well list my info.

Gamertag: Self Deception

Guled

cvxfreak said:

Thanks!

if you want to update, I live in Canada (EST)

btw, someone should really make a gaf RE5 gt

Davey Cakes

USD said:
Why do you think that? I think it's a lot more fun than Shanty Town. Personally, I've gotten to the point where I play Public Assembly almost exclusively, except when playing as Sheva (since there's no stage select in that case).
In co-op it may be tolerable (I know that you've played the demo a ridiculous amount in co-op) but otherwise it just isn't that fun. The sequence we play in the demo is just one big hold-off of enemies. Just running around, collecting stuff, shooting enemies, rinse, repeat.

The atmosphere and objectives in Shanty Town (like protecting Sheva with the sniper rifle) are just more compelling. Though, I'm not big on the chainsaw fight either.

In fact, none of the chainsaw fights in this game, I bet, are going to be that great. In one of the previews I saw, they showed a fight with the chainsaw Majini in the warehouse, and that didn't look fun at all. Just that same run, turn around, shoot, turn around, run, turn around, shoot bullshit that I've been tired of for a while now.

But yeah, the main offender is Public Assembly. Just doesn't do anything for me. Even as an action sequence, it's merely "okay."

Wark

Okay, I made the Resident Evil 5 GAF Gamertag.

If you're interested in playing online co-op on the 360 with other GAF members, then add the Gamertag GAF RE5 to your friends list.
If you're interested in playing online co-op on the 360 with other GAF members, then add the Gamertag GAF RE5 to your friends list.

I believe I already added everyone that listed their Gametag in the OP and in the posts above.

K' Dash

Beautiful OP, I'll have something to read tonight. :D

I'll be getting this day 1, and won't be going to work that friday, so feel free to add me K DashCR

BTW, My time zone is GMT-6, I live in Costa Rica.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
PSN: worldrevolution
Japan

Any fellow Asian or Australian gamers please feel free to add me..need people of my own time-zone to play withhhhhhh.

Excellent job on the thread.

Blueblur1

I just watched the Gametrailers RE Retrospective that was linked in the OP. It brought back a load of memories about those games. I would still love to see Capcom remake RE2 in REmake fashion. I really want to fight more Crimson Heads.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rash said:
In co-op it may be tolerable (I know that you've played the demo a ridiculous amount in co-op) but otherwise it just isn't that fun. The sequence we play in the demo is just one big hold-off of enemies. Just running around, collecting stuff, shooting enemies, rinse, repeat.

The atmosphere and objectives in Shanty Town (like protecting Sheva with the sniper rifle) are just more compelling. Though, I'm not big on the chainsaw fight either.

In fact, none of the chainsaw fights in this game, I bet, are going to be that great. In one of the previews I saw, they showed a fight with the chainsaw Majini in the warehouse, and that didn't look fun at all. Just that same run, turn around, shoot, turn around, run, turn around, shoot bullshit that I've been tired of for a while now.

But yeah, the main offender is Public Assembly. Just doesn't do anything for me. Even as an action sequence, it's merely "okay."
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from, but the reason I enjoy the Public Assembly and the chainsaw fights aren't the mechanics by themselves, it's the way the environments are designed around them. The Public Assembly is such a great playground to me, and the way the Axe-man keeps you moving around it (assuming you don't kill him quickly like I usually do :lol ) is just so much fun, for me. The same goes for luring the Chainsaw dude around the barrels in Shanty Town (although the battle with him is a lot more fun when you have a partner, or give Sheva a strong weapon like a rifle and set her to attack mode).

If all you're doing is shooting, turning around, running back, turning around again, and shooting, you're missing out.

Top Bottom