• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

Schwabby

Neo Member
Kimi said:
If these Big Sisters are
the little sisters from BioShock 1, then would that make them 14 years old?
Yes, but weren't the Big Daddys
genetically enhanced or something?
Maybe the same thing happened to the little sisters from Bioshock 1, turning them into Big Sisters despite being so young.

I think two types of mini bosses are better than one.

Which highlights one of Bioshock's weaknesses IMO, where the sequal could definitely improve upon - more variety to the denizens of Rapture.

Splicers did become a bit repetetive after a while.

gollumsluvslave said:
Which highlights one of Bioshock's weaknesses IMO, where the sequal could definitely improve upon - more variety to the denizens of Rapture.

I love to see them take animals/fish parts or somthing and splice,we really see the Splicers move away from being human

bottles

gollumsluvslave said:

The story didn’t really leave room for other types of enemies.

Schwabby said:
Yes, but weren't the Big Daddys
genetically enhanced or something?
Maybe the same thing happened to the little sisters from Bioshock 1, turning them into Big Sisters despite being so young.
You aren't going to see many 2 meter tall women at ANY age, so if you told me they were 14, eh fair enough. I think the fact the they are calling them big sisters and not big mamas might be a sign they are grown up little sisters, now big sisters. That would imply either the bad ending or some other resolution to the first.

Amir0x

Banned
Probably the lone BIG SISTER is Dr. Tennenbaum, and it would make sense she would be called BIG SISTER since she shepherded all the Little Sisters.

Schwabby said:
According to Game Informer, there may only be one Big Sister.

In an article about their April issue with Bioshock 2 on the cover it says:
"“Big Sister” awaits your return, not “Big Sisters.” That’s a small, but critical, distinction."

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/43DFA7FA-9C94-431B-B721-EBF0F4D2BA60.htm

could be relative to the single Big Sister in the image, though.

Like an image of a Big Daddy with the quote "Big Daddy is going to kick your ass". Since there is only one in the image, pluralizing it wouldn't really be necessary and could be confusing.
I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they only made one badass Big Sister (ala RE's NEMESIS) with a lot of other threats lingering in Rapture.

NekoFever

Amir0x said:
Probably the lone BIG SISTER is Dr. Tennenbaum, and it would make sense she would be called BIG SISTER since she shepherded all the Little Sisters.
This is what I thought as soon as I heard that there was only one. It's presumably female and is unlikely to be a random Splicer, and she already has a link to the Little Sisters, who follow her. It could also point to the 'bad' ending from the first game being the canonical one.

Amir0x said:

Thats what I initially thought as well. Something tells me it isn't the case though. What, did she go crazy all by herself down there? She was "fine" during the hellish happenings of the game, can't imagine, barring some apocalyptic event, she just sort of lost it.

Amir0x

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
could be relative to the single Big Sister in the image, though.

Like an image of a Big Daddy with the quote "Big Daddy is going to kick your ass". Since there is only one in the image, pluralizing it wouldn't really be necessary and could be confusing.
I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they only made one badass Big Sister (ala RE's NEMESIS) with a lot of other threats lingering in Rapture.

Well GAME INFORMER itself is pointing out that the distinction is important, and they made the article sooo... it's safe to assume it's nothing like what you said here ;)

TheChillyAcademic said:
She was "fine" during the hellish happenings of the game, can't imagine, barring some apocalyptic event, she just sort of lost it.

It is important to note that people in Rapture may start out with good intentions, but...

Amir0x said:
Well GAME INFORMER itself is pointing out that the distinction is important, and they made the article sooo... it's safe to assume it's nothing like what you said here ;)

ahhhh ok. I thought that was just what Schwabby was implying. :p

Can't wait to get that issue in the mail now!

NekoFever

TheChillyAcademic said:
Thats what I initially thought as well. Something tells me it isn't the case though. What, did she go crazy all by herself down there? She was "fine" during the hellish happenings of the game, can't imagine, barring some apocalyptic event, she just sort of lost it.
First game spoilers...

If the first game's bad ending happened and the main character needed more Little Sisters, he could have put Tenenbaum through the Big Daddy process - or something similar - to create the Big Sister. The Big Daddies were just normal people brainwashed with plasmids, after all, and Tenenbaum, with her existing affinity for them and the fact that she's not mad and physically ravaged by plasmid abuse, is a more obvious candidate to recruit and protect the Little Sisters than a random Splicer.

Or it could be a deliberate thing on her part, but that would take a bit more explaining.

Important Question;

What ever happened to
Suchong? I played through the game twice and I don't remember seeing him or his dead body. In fact, since I hadn't, I was under the impression the he would be behind any sequel, at least in part.
To be honest, I really hope the bad ending isn't followed. I think it would be way more intense if you left with the adam makers and things just got increasingly crazy and desperate over 7 years.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
BobTheFork said:
Important Question;

What ever happened to
Suchong? I played through the game twice and I don't remember seeing him or his dead body. In fact, since I hadn't, I was under the impression the he would be behind any sequel, at least in part.
To be honest, I really hope the bad ending isn't followed. I think it would be way more intense if you left with the adam makers and things just got increasingly crazy and desperate over 7 years.

Memory's a little fuzzy, but I believe
there was an audio tape of him getting destroyed by a big daddy when he slapped a little sister.

Also, Ryan go suck a egg.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Borgnine said:
there was an audio tape of him getting destroyed by a big daddy when he slapped a little sister.

Yep, and if you go into his lab you can see him drilled into the table.

BobTheFork said:
Important Question;

What ever happened to

You find his dead body pierced with a Big Daddy drill.

Then you find an audio diary in which he hits a Little Sister and then gets drilled to hell and back by a Big Daddy.

Edit: BEATEN

:O

Zen

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
hopefully it's like Bioshock 1 and there are multiple Big Sisters, thus different designs for each?

I love the idea from Rektash- playing as the Big Sister would be very interesting.

That was my idea. :lol

Honestly it would be plenty more interesting than what 'Bioshock 2' looks to be.

Rektash said:
That would obviously be too awesome, to actually make it into a sequel of a blockbuster videogame. Sad world. :lol

The idea of just being the same type of character, again, is totally boring, but unfortunately you're pretty much right. :lol

Borgnine said:

O-o ok then Thanks
I got all the tapes, but it's been a little while since I played it.
I suppose I just want to know what ending they are basing the sequel on, then the real speculation can begin.

Neiteio

It'd be cool if we play AS the Big Sister, but then we'd rarely (if ever) get to see its design (assuming BioShock 2 is a FPS). Maybe the player could be a Big Sister, and then there could be OTHER Big Sisters running around, and when you meet them you cast aside the long shiny blades and have a frilly underwater pillow fight and talk about boys.

EPIC.

Slathe

Next batch of updates is up on the viral site.

Looks mostly like more of the same, though the creature seems to be gathering girls more recklessly / quickly, which is making the pattern more apparent to the authorities (in America now).

Neiteio said:
Maybe the player could be a Big Sister, and then there could be OTHER Big Sisters running around, and when you meet them you cast aside the long shiny blades and have a frilly underwater pillow fight and talk about boys.

EPIC.

losti.jpg

Bernbaum

Site has been updated: Three new clippings, this time from southeast coastal America.

The Big Sister appears to be very confident in its actions and is now kidnapping up to three girls a week. It is also apparent that the girls aren't leaving willingly, and are terrified by their captor
fuck, who wouldn't be
. A brief description is given of the blade-like 'sword' attached to the Big Sister- the same implement perhaps used to make precision cuts in glass.

Kimi said:
If these Big Sisters are
the little sisters from BioShock 1, then would that make them 14 years old?
Dr. Suchong developed a means of accelerated human growth rate. The best example of this in the game is that
Jack, the protagonist, is only two years old

NekoFever said:
First game spoilers...

If the first game's bad ending happened and the main character needed more Little Sisters, he could have put Tenenbaum through the Big Daddy process - or something similar - to create the Big Sister. The Big Daddies were just normal people brainwashed with plasmids, after all, and Tenenbaum, with her existing affinity for them and the fact that she's not mad and physically ravaged by plasmid abuse, is a more obvious candidate to recruit and protect the Little Sisters than a random Splicer.

Or it could be a deliberate thing on her part, but that would take a bit more explaining.

I thought it was made clear that the
good ending was the cannon ending though?

Spoo

Hmm, I may be okay with the turn (Big Sister instead of Sister(s)).

But hopefully they take advantage of that, and aren't afraid to feature a lot of, uh, run-ins with said Big Sister :D

Also, I hope there's *something* like the Big Daddys in the game; they were a real AI tour-de-force of sorts imho. Would be sad to not have those ever-looming epic battles out there, or at least, the potential for some!

Dr Tenenbaum would be the best villain for this game possible. That bitch ruined the first game with her insane railroading. What? I forgive you? I do? Who the hell told you that? Come out here, don't hide in that room. I've got a forgiveness present to give you.

To say nothing of her stupid narration of the endings.

That was the sick joke of it all. Ryan was set up for the ultimate in videogame irony, and then this bitch shows up two seconds later trying to sell you the same fool's gold without so much as a wink. Game should have ended you know when.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Big Sister picture looks pretty cool but i am still not sure if they can make this work. If they do and just make one more after this I will be happy. But if they make more then 3 I am not sure how this story can continue.

I am still not even sure what ending of the first this will be following.

Probably been brought up already, but weren't the Big Daddy's in Bioshock, already women anyways? Wasn't Rosie a women? I don't really see why they are stressing the "they are women now, they are now big sisters instead of big daddies har har har" stuff if this is the case.

I really hate it when movies/books/games/comics/anything takes a strong, deadly, overwhelmingly devastating male enemy and then try and come out with a shittier female one, just for the sake of doing it. See Terminator 3. Its not the fact that they use females that pisses me off, it's just that they tend to bring along all this other shit with it to try and over emphasize the femininity of the "new baddy", and it usually comes off as forced and awkward.

lupinko

Anticitizen One said:
What if you PLAY as the big sister and at the end its like metroid where she takes the helmet off to reveal...........

a HOT chic! :D

If it's like Metroid, it'll be a swerve, and underneath the Big Sister will be a UGLY man!

There you go.

I think the thing that the Big Sister design makes me think of most is Fallout 3.

A mix between raider gear + power armor + valves + wasteland scraps.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm on the inside track, I can hook you guys up.

Initially 2k Marin wanted to call them Big Mamas, but one of the leads refused to pay Martin Lawrence residuals.

Also, what is the obsession with "Big Mama"?

They would be called Big Mommies if anything.

Big Daddies weren't called Big Dadas.

(Though if they were, that would be pretty surreal.)

*laugh track*

Red

AnonymousNoob said:

*laugh track*
That was awful :lol

AnonymousNoob said:

*laugh track*
mcw1nr.gif

Neiteio said:
Does BioShock 2 still have the "Sea of Dreams" subtitle? It's not on the logo on the magazine cover.

Also, is the Big Sister cocking its head sideways, with its right ear to the ground? It seems like the grill (for lack of a better term) on the one side of the helmet would be the mouth area (they resemble mandibles), in which case it's tilting its head sideways as though bearing the weight of the contraption on its back. Think Quasimodo.

Once you see it, you'll never be able to UNSEE it. You can, uh, thank me later. In the meanwhile, I like the eye; it gives the Big Sister a creepy sense of cunning...

Damn you !!! :lol

hobbitx

Liara T'Soni said:
Probably been brought up already, but weren't the Big Daddy's in Bioshock, already women anyways? Wasn't Rosie a women? I don't really see why they are stressing the "they are women now, they are now big sisters instead of big daddies har har har" stuff if this is the case.
When I saw that it gave me the impression the residents of rapture just thought of Big Daddies as more like 'things' rather than people. "Hey let's call this model Rosie.." etc.

Puck

Banned
Fyi, a lot of magazines look like they will have some bioshock 2 details in their April magazine. The embargo should lift next week.
bioshock2.jpg

That's from my Official PS mag AU, i might be able to find one in a few days.

That says March 18, which is really March 17 for you americans, so less than 5 days we will see a lot of new content.

GavinGT

Banned
I see no real reason to play as the Bioshock guy again. We already know his whole life story, and the character alone is not very interesting to start with.

Perhaps Game Informer is trying to hint to us that we will be playing as the lone Little Sister. Only problem I see is that the teaser site is casting the Little Sister as an antagonist.

GavinGT said:
I see no real reason to play as the Bioshock guy again. We already know his whole life story, and the character alone is not very interesting to start with.

Perhaps Game Informer is trying to hint to us that we will be playing as the lone Little Sister. Only problem I see is that the teaser site is casting the Little Sister as an antagonist.
Playing as a capture Little Sister would probably be the only way we would be able to use biotics in the game and make sense within the context of the story.

iceatcs

Puck said:
That says March 18, which is really March 17 for you americans, so less than 5 days we will see a lot of new content.
I'm confused, I thou it was coming on April.
Picture from GT.
59189413.jpg

Top Bottom