• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 1 Apr 2009 (new Wii/ps2 title announced)

xfactor

Banned
Review
・PSP Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes 8/7/8/8
・DS Happy Cooking 7/6/6/6
・DS Super Auto Salon: Custom Car Contest 6/6/5/6
・DS  Rhythm de RunRunRun 8/7/7/7
・PS2 Arcana Heart 2 6/7/6/5
・Wii Oboro Muramasa 9/9/8/8
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
- Great graphics and sound, and the difficulty is neither too hard nor easy
- The loading time is surprisingly short
- There's no major climax in the game, so the game has a monotone feel

New Info/Titles

SD Gundam G Generation
- PS2/Wii
- SRPG
- 2009 Summer Release
- 70% complete

EVANGELION
- PSP/PS2
- 80% complete

Queens Blade Spiral Chaos
- PSP
- 50% complete

Puyo 7
- Wii/PSP version - Winter release
- DS version - July 30, 5040 Yen, Wi-fi mode

Wanted: Weapons of Fate
- PS3/360
- June 25, 7140 yen

Tokyo Friend Park 2
- Wii

- Japan 9 Newbies Speak Up

- Miyamoto Discusses Inspiration, Next Projects

- Latest Final Fantasy scoops to be shown next issue (FF13, ACC)

Non Famitsu News

Shonen Jump
Tales of Graces
- Wii
- Winter release

Tales of VS
- PSP

king zell

this might help

55343_03_122_983lo.jpg

RickA238

So scans are allowed again? For the better, IMHO.

New Eva games are always a good thing, regardless of how much they never fail to suck

RickA238 said:

New Eva games are always a good thing, regardless of how much they never fail to suck

I haven't heard any changes to the rule, so be cautious! ;)

thaOwner

Hero of Legend said:
Puyo Puyo 7 for Wii, DS, and PSP!

Retail or WiiWare, I have no clue.

Umm, are scans of the Game Index allowed?
Its a picture of the magazine taken with the phone...

Captain N

RickA238 said:

No scans aren't allowed..I wouldn't post any if I were you.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
distantmantra said:
I wonder if OO will be in the new G Generation title?

edit: It's called SD Gundam G Generation WARS. OO is in the game, along all other previous titles.

Yep, saw the scans.

TreIII

Kintaro said:
Careful. Could be an elaborate April Fools.

Could be, but I dunno...

Like some one pointed out over FAQs:

Nth said:
...It was supposed to be an April Fool's joke when Septiego showed up at FireProClub saying he was a localization producer who had acquired the rights to Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and would be porting it to North America. Then that turned out to be true.

It was an April Fool's joke when Fire Pro Returns was first announced in Japan because Fire Pro Wrestling Z was supposed to be the end of the series. Then that turned out to be true.

In fact every time something Fire Pro related is announced, everyone assumes it's an April Fool's joke, even though there has never been a single precedent of a Fire Pro Wrestling April fool's joke.

Fire Pro Club may be a fan driven community, but it is still North America's site of record when it comes to Puroresu gaming with its affiliate Purogamer and Monitor's old KOC Access site.

The fact is if this was an elaborate April Fool's joke on the part of Fire Pro Club then it would destroy it's reputation as well as the reputation of several key members who are known to go above and beyond the call of duty for offering services to North America's Puroresu gaming public. I just don't see them throwing it all away in such an elaborate fashion over a 'joke' no one would find remotely funny if it were a hoax.

So, based on both precedents, as well as FireProClub putting its "reputation" on the line? This is either at least partially true, or FPC is basically looking to throw themselves under the bus... :lol

EDIT: On another, the SD Gundam game looks cool. I hope it has my Phoenix Gundam in it... :D

I hope we get Puyo 7 scans soon, I at least want to know if it's Wii retail or WiiWare.

If it's on PSP, then it must be bigger than 37MB right? Sega stopped supporting PS2 in-house for a while now, and their last IP on PS2 was Thunderforce 6. Which would explain the lack of a PS2 version of Puyo 7.

The Wii/PS3/PS2 game in the Index is Winning Post World.

The now complete Wii list:

Winning Post World
SD Gundam G Generation
Muramasa WOAH @ SCORE!!!
Power Pro 2009
Doala Wii
Tokyo Friend Park 2
Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles
Puyo Puyo 7

Nice to see some Wii support. Though I still predict that SD Gundam will sell far more on the PS2 then Wii due to that's where its fanbase is all at.

xfactor said:

Damn so this game may be even better then Odin Sphere? Day One!:D

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
The Wii/PS3/PS2 game in the Index is Winning Post World.

So the Wii list so far:

Winning Post World
SD Gundam G Generation
Muramasa WOAH @ SCORE!!!
Power Pro 2009
Doala Wii
Tokyo Friend Park 2
???
Puyo Puyo 7

Just one left to uncover.

That title is Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles

Before anyone asks: No, G Generation Wars will not be coming to North America. None of the previous G Generation titles have ever been released here, so I don't see why they'd start with this one.

distantmantra said:
Before anyone asks: No, G Generation Wars will not be coming to North America. None of the previous G Generation titles have ever been released here, so I don't see why they'd start with this one.

This isn't even the first SD Gundam for the Wii even.

xfactor said:
That title is Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles

DOH, forgot to add that as Tenbatsu found that. :p

distantmantra said:

Perhaps since the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games are being released here, perhaps BN will bring this over as the audience may be larger here now?

TreIII

Hero of Legend said:
Perhaps since the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games are being released here, perhaps BN will bring this over as the audience may be larger here now?

Still not likely. The DW Gundam games are being released for mainly one reason: they have more in common with what has already been moderately successful over here (Warriors/Musou games), than because they're Gundam games.

Notice how no other Gundam games have been released over here, lately. Even the latest entrant in the Gundam vs. Gundam series has yet to be localized, in spite of the fact that Capcom and Bandai-Namco BOTH know that such games could probably do just as well as DW:G, if marketed properly.

But the fact is, by and large, BN can't be bothered with Gundam in the States. Most fans import the stuff they want any way, so they basically of the opinion "why bother?"

Nicko

xfactor said:
Review

*Copious salivation ensues*

My god I can't freaking wait. Most anticipated game this year!!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hero of Legend said:

:lol :lol :lol

I think the American Gundam audience has been in decline since after Wing aired here. As in, it was at its peak during Wing and fell through afterward.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Rhythm de RunRunRun?

I wonder if they said anything about the framerate in the review text of Oboro, it's basically the only thing I'm worried about. If it plays smoothly it will be awesome.

TreIII said:
Still not likely. The DW Gundam games are being released for mainly one reason: they have more in common with what has already been moderately successful over here (Warriors/Musou games), than because they're Gundam games.

Notice how no other Gundam games have been released over here, lately. Even the latest entrant in the Gundam vs. Gundam series has yet to be localized, in spite of the fact that Capcom and Bandai-Namco BOTH know that such games could probably do just as well as DW:G, if marketed properly.

But the fact is, by and large, BN can't be bothered with Gundam in the States. Most fans import the stuff they want any way, so they basically of the opinion "why bother?"

Exactly.

xfactor said:
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
- Great graphics and sound, and the difficulty is neither too hard nor easy
- The loading time is surprisingly short
- There's no major climax in the game, so the game has a monotone feel

Oh darn it they made it easier then Odin Sphere. But yeah I'm glad it's shorter then its predecessor since I don't think I can put more then 30 hours in a game now-a-days. 10 to 12 hours seems like a good time.

cvxfreak

Can't wait for Darkside Chronicles information. Something tells me we'll get a steady stream of information every few weeks on this one. :D

Top Bottom