• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM's Official E309 Line-Up: A Storm Is Coming!!!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ain't gonna happen, give up the ghost. Rival Schools is the next best thing and would actually have a shot at getting made if people would display the interest. If you obsinate horse-asses would face reality and put half the tenacity into requesting a game Capcom could actually make instead of one they can't, we would probably be playing it by now. Get on the trolley, jerkwallets.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Please be Maximo or Strider.

Won't be, Capcom closed the studio that made the Maximo games. Though I think a Maximo or Viewtiful Joe game on Wii would be an awesome fit, I know they won't happen.

Pai Pai Master said:
I dunno. But I'd still play it.

there is no way I will let you guys WASTE an announcement by wishing for some BS announcements

we are talking full games, revivals of old IP's

none of this rehash report rerelease bullshit

and you guys got MvC2 HD, stop being greedy with your McV3 requests!

Shin Johnpv said:
Won't be, Capcom closed the studio that made the Maximo games. Though I think a Maximo or Viewtiful Joe game on Wii would be an awesome fit, I know they won't happen.

You shutup.

You SHUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!

youre_not_trying.jpg

why break my heart?

vg260

I doubt MvC3 will be revealed. This takes place before MvC2 is even expected to be released. They seem to be trying to make the claim that Marvel interest in MvC3 hinges on MvC2 sales. Announcing it before MvC2 is out could hinder sales in that regard. (Actually, I don't believe them when they say there are no current plans for MvC3. They claimed ignorance about the MvC2 rumors.)

Strike

Castlevania, DMC 5, or Onimusha are my safe bets. Strider, Power Stone 3, or Viewtiful Joe would be a real surprise.

Arnie

Something in my gut tells me that the mystery game 2 will be annonced at Microsofts press conference. This gen Microsoft have really courted developers to make exclusive content for their platform, and as of yet Capcom havn't shown any real resistance to financial incentives from other companies. Just look at Monster Hunter 3, coming to the Wii after originally being announced for PS3. this brings me onto my guess that the mystery game will be a new monster hunter title, multiplatform but announced during Microsofts press conference with exclusive content. Obviously the advanced technology would allow for a fully open world with no loading and online co-op.

Secondly I think Dark Void is the most interesting game Capcom have to display. I remember reading an article with the developers in Edge where they said Capcom showed real commitment to the project. The idea of vertical cover really interests me.

Linkified

SolidSnakex said:
Inafune said the only way they'd touch Clover franchises is if they were desperate.

They included Viewtiful Joe in the wii exclusive fighting game. So I'd imagine they'd be more ready to use him than other franchises clover did but still.

Viewtiful Joe is really the perfect epsiodic game they could even do games a la the best version of Batman 1960s tv series but only on a 2d plane. I'd buy it hell slighlty off topic but I'd buy a game based on the Batman 60s TV series. :D

Sadist

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I did. Both of them (Both Maximos). I bought VJ too though.

Still my favourite 3D platformers ever. Closely followed by Jak and Daxter.
Well, I bought both VJ games. (Didn't have a PS2, but if I did, I'd so have bought both Maximos)

VJ games are personal favourites lastgen. Those are really tough games. Loved them to bits.

Sadist said:
Well, I bought both VJ games. (Didn't have a PS2, but if I did, I'd so have bought both Maximos)

VJ games are personal favourites lastgen. Those are really tough games. Loved them to bits.

Bought both Maximos, and bought the FIRST VJ on Cube.

Never bought the second. They were fucking hard though.

Maximo I thought had the PERFECT difficulty. Wasn't too hard, but not too easy either. Fucking platforming PERFECTION.

I'm aware the team is disbanded or whatever, but surely they could hand it over to another team?

I NEED a new Maximo.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Arnie said:
this brings me onto my guess that the mystery game will be a new monster hunter title, multiplatform but announced during Microsofts press conference with exclusive content. Obviously the advanced technology would allow for a fully open world with no loading and online co-op.

Yes, mere months before Tri comes out in Japan Capcom is going to announce another one for competing systems.

MoogPaul

Onimusha - viewable PS360
Strider - playable Wii

schuelma said:
Yes, mere months before Tri comes out in Japan Capcom is going to announce another one for competing systems.

and the first announcement is made in America. It allllllll makes sense.

It's probably Onimusha. I mean, a movie is coming out next year -- so, you know. It'd make sense.

It better not be the DMC team making though, those guys need to be free and have/should be working on DMC5 for the past year now. No fuckin Onimusha game is going to delay the next DMC.

or kittens will die, i swear to konami they will die

Sadist said:
Because its the truth. And people didn't buy Maximo and VJ. :(

This is one of the many reasons why I hate people. Maximo and VJ were some of my favorite new series from last gen. Really fucking wish they had sold better.

Barrett2

If one of the secret games is UN Squadron HD for PSN/XBL, I will rub honey all over my naked body live on cam.

You just think about that, Capcom...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
lawblob said:
If one of the secret games is UN Squadron HD for PSN/XBL, I will rub honey all over my naked body live on cam.

You just think about that, Capcom...
UN Squadron is based on an anime license that has long since expired. You should think about that.

Barrett2

Shig said:
UN Squadron is based on an anime license that has long since expired. You should think about that.

Call it NATO Squadron and replace the one character's mustache with a beard.

MG#1 - Ace Attorney Investigations
MG#2 - Monster Hunter 3

Pretty crappy DS support from Capcom to be honest. They just keep churning those shitty Mega Man RPGs.

KingJ2002

What I Hope:

- Strider
- Powerstone Wii
- Mega Man X
- Darkstalkers
- New Vs. Game

and just to piss people off

SFIV: Championship Edition

Top Bottom