• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Revealed - Two more games revealed

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Which are... Table Tennis and Golf... both we've had in Wii Play and Wii Sports but motion plussed... :/

2ugmg6v.jpg

2qi8wn8.jpg

http://wii.com/jp/articles/wii-motion-plus/ via go-nintendo.

Golf with Motion Plus yeah, but does table tennis really need it? And I thought we would at least get NEW games

edit: fucked up the title, sorry am sick >_>

MisterHero

VOOK said:
Golf with Motion Plus yeah, but does table tennis really need it? And I thought we would at least get NEW games
I don't understand, are these in WiiSports Resort, or sold with WiiMotion+, or as new games?

VOOK

MisterHero said:
I don't understand, are these in WiiSports Resort, or sold with WiiMotion+, or as new games?

Yeah sorry I messed up the title - should be Wii Sports Resort.

Can a mod fix plz

pakkit

Banned
MisterHero said:
WiiSports Resort, which is to be sold with WiiMotion+.

Guess Tiger has competition!

Akai

VOOK said:
Golf with Motion Plus yeah, but does table tennis really need it?

So are you saying regular tennis games don't need it, either? Because spin and racquet positioning is just as important in table tennis...

Taking two of Wii Sports' better games (well, technically one of them at least) and hopefully giving them more solid gameplay is something that doesn't seem so bad to me.

Akai said:
So are you saying regular tennis games don't need it, either? Because spin and racquet positioning is just as important in table tennis...
This.

And YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! They brang back tennis! Golf . . . I don't care. >_>

v4gr4nt

I AM JOHN! said:
Am I the only person not sold on Wii Sports Resort or Wii Motion+ in general?
I think you are. It's the Wii as we all thought it was going to be in the beginning, so it depends what you think about the Wii.

MisterHero

Okay guys, thanks for the clarification.

I AM JOHN! said:
I'm not surprised, but like the first time around, Playing = Believing

for better or worse

Table Tennis? Awesome.

By the way, to the folks who (clearly because they haven't played it) are complaining about Table Tennis 'again'.

Wii Play Table Tennis used the pointer.

I assume THIS Table Tennis will be more like Rockstars effort (without the actual effort) using Motion+.

In other words, GOLD!

VegaShinra

Give me bowling and baseball back, too. Golf will be awesome. I want Tiger Woods for Wii and motion plus. IGN has been praising that version.

Just watched the videos on the Japanese site. Golf actually looks a lot better.

Still, I'm buying Tiger Woods Day One so it'll probably be redundant.

markatisu

Well the table tennis in Wii Play sucked ass so this is welcome, and for those who don't want the full fledged golf experience of Tiger Woods it should be greatly improved over Wii Sports.

I view WSR the same as a do Wii Play, you buy it for the adapter and the "game" is just a nice addition.

I can see people not being excited for WSR but anyone who is not excited for M+ and what it can bring to games is just out of their fucking mind.

Oh hey, there's also an Iwata Asks about Motion Plus. I'm sure Google Translate will do an excellent job of interpreting for us.

Iwata
Now, Mr. Ota said that the SDK "Software Development Kit" is an abbreviation of
I like what I have to explain shit.

Yes Boss!

Akai said:
Well there's going to be 10 games in Sports Resort, I believe, so there's still hope! =(

144457671_441cacb259.jpg

Come ooooon, Wiiplane!

God, I've been wanting that for years. Make it so! I just wanna buzz around that island all Pilotwings style.

markatisu said:
I can see people not being excited for WSR but anyone who is not excited for M+ and what it can bring to games is just out of their fucking mind.
I think they made a great point on some podcast I was listening to a couple weeks ago (it was either Listen UP or Giant Bomb) - rarely do I find myself playing a game thinking "man, this game would be so much better if the controls were more precise and exact!" All the great Wii games I've played work because of their simplicity and the loose gestural basis of their controls; uberprecision has the capacity to go really wrong really fast.

ethelred

markatisu said:

No, they're not. Jesus christ. Nintendo has barely made any effort whatsoever on the first go 'round to creatively explore the potential behind the control mechanism they created, so why should anyone be willing to take a gamble that an "enhanced" version will suddenly spark the type of development they're looking for? I was sold on what motion controls in general could bring to games, but outside of a very few isolated examples, motion controls still haven't brought that. I see no reason to expect that Motion Plus will suddenly bring what it could bring to gaming.

legend166

I AM JOHN! said:
I think they made a great point on some podcast I was listening to a couple weeks ago (it was either Listen UP or Giant Bomb) - rarely do I find myself playing a game thinking "man, this game would be so much better if the controls were more precise and exact!" All the great Wii games I've played work because of their simplicity and the loose gestural basis of their controls; uberprecision has the capacity to go really wrong really fast.

wtf, really?

I mean, really?

Even the games I love, like Zack and Wiki and Boom Blox, I have those exactly thoughts.

VOOK

Ok I remove my previous scepticism, I forgot Wii Play table tennis used the point and that’s why I remember it sucking.

pakkit said:
Wasn't the number of Wii Sport Resort games pared down to 8? If so, we have 3 left to reveal.

Wait for E3.
Let's make predictions as to what we all think the final 3 to be revealed are. My guesses:

Volleyball

Tetherball

Squirt Gun

Sword game seems like the bowling of this Wii Sports.

Nothing in the original Wii Sports looks as lame as frisbee, so maybe that comparison doesn't hold up.

legend166 said:
I mean, even the games I love, like Zack and Wiki and Boom Blox, I have those exactly thoughts.
Which is weird because I thought those games were perfect the way they were - gestural-based and not about pulling off some exact, precise motion. Different strokes, I suppose.

Osuwari

I AM JOHN! said:

you're not the only one.

outside pointer games, i pretty much prefer the good old controllers in every game when available.

Osuwari

Wii Will Rock U said:
Let's make predictions as to what we all think the final 3 to be revealed are. My guesses:

Volleyball

Tetherball

Squirt Gun

water polo

boxing (again)

weight lifting

NotWii

Banned
Wii Sports must've been like 10 mb altogether.
Why not just include all of Wii Sports' minigames into Wii Sports Resort with MotionPlus and WFC Support (ONLINE BOXING! ONLINE TENNIS!)

And then I would'nt have to swap discs everytime someone wants to play Bowling

Osuwari said:
water polo

boxing (again)

weight lifting

why would they do boxing again when motion plus would only cover one hand? boxing requires two hands.

they should totally put in a Michael Jackson Thriller style knife fight though.

fuck...I meant Beat it, not Thriller. Fuck. FUCK. Now Michael is gonna punish me.

pakkit

Banned
Wii Will Rock U said:

Volleyball

Tetherball

Squirt Gun
EA Playground? :lol

My guesses:

Hang-Gliding

Wind-Surfing

Volleyball

Linkzg said:
they should totally put in a Michael Jackson Thriller style knife fight though.

what if they just made a game that was thriller playing in a loop and all you did was dance to the beat for hours

quote this if you'd buy that game

Top Bottom