• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 PC Gaming Info Roundup

FuKuy

I'm going to try to put together on this post all the PC related info of the show.

Because the word "exclusive" is being used a lot on the conferences, and all we know that PC is always a different market, not affected by "exclusives". So check out this info, 100% PC GAMING:

* Announced The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
* Announced Tales of Monkey Island
* Announced Crysis 2
* Announced Left 4 Dead 2. Coming November 17.
* Metal Gear Rising on PC too.
* Starcraft II at the end of 2009
* Assassin's Creed 2 to release on 17 de November.
* Mass Effect 2 to release on January 2010
* Alan Wake to release on Spring 2010
* Star Wars The Old Republic full voice acting.
* Announced Lego Harry Potter 1-4
* Shadow Complex on PC too.
* Oct 20 release date of Dragon Age: Origins
* Splinter Cell Conviction for PC too.
* 'All Points Bulletin,' Coming Early 2010. Published by EA.
* Announced Final Fantasy XIV Online

I'm trying to keep the post up to date.
Thanks.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
kitch9 said:
Valve git your thumb out and announce HL2 EP3 already....... Godaymn.
it has been announced....

they just need to release some details and media about it!

benjipwns

Banned
But but...PC gaming is dead?

(The OP list has like 80% of what I'm looking forward to as announced/shown so far.)

RJT

Thx for the thread! I definitely need to upgrade my PC at the end of the year...

Honestly, I think Xbox was the best thing that happened to PC Gaming. All the ports it allows make for an interesting release schedule, along with some great exclusives in the FPS/RTS/WRPG genres.

benjipwns

Banned
I think you should have rethought that until you read the Crysis 2 thread.

(Although I don't necessarily disagree entirely, in terms of us getting 360 ports that aren't the really shoddy port work from consoles of just a few years ago.)

gantz85

Banned
Has anyone ventured into the Perfect World booth?

I was invited to work for them for their Beijing branch but their wages are measely and the workload is terrible. They're a listed company though, which is an accomplishment for internet gaming companies here in China. I wonder whether they're making a good impression on the press.

gantz85

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
Oh shit at MGS. :D

Didn't Kojima visit studios like Guerilla Games (KZ2), Infinity Ward (CoD4) and more to learn how they made their games? I thought he was rumored to be making an FPS, which is why PC is a suitable platform. FPS with Raiden feels weird though.

Xavien

RJT said:
Thx for the thread! I definitely need to upgrade my PC at the end of the year...

Honestly, I think Xbox was the best thing that happened to PC Gaming. All the ports it allows make for an interesting release schedule, along with some great exclusives in the FPS/RTS/WRPG genres.

I completely agree with this, it pretty much allows for most of the HD console "exclusives" to be on PC and us PC gamers get the best of both worlds :D

Seagoon

Great thread, thanks for the info.

Awesome news about Metal Gear Rising. All we need now is Brutal Legend and Forza 3 (unlikely :lol ) and the PC will be the platform of forever.

FuKuy said:

I'm trying to keep the post up to date.
Thanks.

Wait what. Megaton indeed, why isn't there a thread for this? Much more interesting than it getting a 360 version.

Hopefully there will be some news on Overlord 2?
I only heard about it when it was announced a while ago. I need more info! also I agree about Brutal Legend! We NEED this one!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Bernbaum said:
This thread will hopefully end up being nothing praise for Valve's showing of Half Life 2: Episode Three

Takes them forever to put out these episodes (totally not getting the point of episodic content) yet they are ready to churn out a new L4D this year.

Also their Steam pricing in Europe still sucks nuts.

There, some good old fashion negativity.

fushi

Funny, just about everything I'm really excited about is coming to the PC.

I guess you could add to your list that APB is still very much alive and Realtime Worlds now has EA backing them through their partners program.

Seagoon

What? No PC version? I've always hated you, Double Fine! Now I know why.

Please, no hate. No one ever said there WASN'T going to be a PC version.

Nice - hopefully it'll see the light of day not too long after the 360/PS3 version.

Bernbaum

HK-47 said:
Takes them forever to put out these episodes (totally not getting the point of episodic content) yet they are ready to churn out a new L4D this year.

Also their Steam pricing in Europe still sucks nuts.

There, some good old fashion negativity.
I just cried a little.

This is E3 man, please don't remind me of reality.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sir Fragula said:
Don't suppose Paradox Interactive are doing anything this E3?

Majesty 2, Hearts of Iron III, East India Company and M&B: Warband will be there.

Soule

I hope MGSR lands on Steam at some point. Bitterly looking forward to L4D 2, excited but disappointed at the support it got compared to TF2 (or maybe I should just be overjoyed at TF2?)

anyway MGSR and Conviction are on the radar, the others I'm curious about and of course will eat SC2 up as soon as available.

Starcraft II 2009??? :D :D :D

It's blizzard though so if they don't feel it's up to snuff that deadline could change at any time.

Still good news =)

Holy shit, Metal Gear on PC, now I can die in peace. The rest of the list has great stuff too. Buying a 360 is postponed indefinitely.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am surprised that nothing was announced about Halo 3 PC or Fables 2 PC or Gears 2 PC. Damn!!!!!!

Igo

RJT said:

What?

I hope they re release mgs on the PC. I lost that disc ages ago.

DieH@rd

Banned
Action Jackson said:
Holy shit, Metal Gear on PC, now I can die in peace. The rest of the list has great stuff too. Buying a 360 is postponed indefinitely.
Also, Splinter Cell and Alan wake are on PC. :D

Crye

The Supreme Commander 2 trailer pinned it for 2010, however obvious that may of been I don't think any kind of date was announced before that :?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
FuKuy said:
* Starcraft II at the end of 2009
* Mass Effect 2 to release on January 2010
* Alan Wake to release on Spring 2010
* Shadow Complex on PC too.
* Splinter Cell Conviction for PC too.
Holy shit! :lol The platform of the forever lives on strong. I'm stunned.

MG:R is BEYOND megaton news, plus ME2 without a stalled release?

Pack it up, I'm done.
hosed.gif

thaOwner

Very excited here dudes. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for:

Starcraft II
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Alan Wake

EDIT: Mass Effect DEUX

Kabouter

Not sure if the announcement was made at E3, but House of Tales (Moment of Silence, Overclocked: A History of Violence) announced their new point & click adventure '15 Days'. It's about a gang of art thieves apparently, and is to be released in German this winter, and in English not long after.
2ue6v43.jpg

148m05c.jpg

nl4kzl.jpg

30k7srk.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Dammit I am torn apart, my PC can run all these games in the higuest settings, but my friends all play MP games on the 360... shit. I think SC is for 360 for sure due to the MP, good thing that looks awesome.

CiSTM

Banned
Yay, more games from House of Tales \o/ Overclocked is still one of best adventure games in awhile.

godhandiscen said:
Dammit I am torn apart, my PC can run all these games in the higuest settings, but my friends all play MP games on the 360... shit. I think SC is for 360 for sure due to the MP, good thing that looks awesome.

Get some new friends, preferably ones with better taste.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
brain_stew said:
Get some new friends, preferably ones with better taste.
I know this is sarcasm, but... fuck that, my appreciation for my friends can make me look past a framerate stutter here and there. Most likely I will just double dip and get the definitive version of Splinter Cell to play SP on my own spare time.

I thought that comment would go down well. :lol :lol :lol

In all seriousness, I never thought people bought plinter Cell games for their multiplayer? Plus, I've always found the PC to generally have much, much better communities than Xbox Live, never been too fussed with playing friends online, I'd rather do that in person.

Top Bottom