• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Azwethinkweiz said:
You can afford a $150 CE but you can't spend $30 on a blu-ray drive?

Another way you could put it is...

You're already investing $150 for a CE and now you have to fork over another $30 for a blu-ray drive?

Derwind

Jarmel said:
Just release both a DVD version and a superior Blu-ray version.

Well, if thats the case, I'd wager they blu-ray version would be a more limited quantity compared to the DvD version.

What ever happened to VMD's by the way???

Xamdou

PC games don't support Blu-Ray.

Buy retail collector's edition, activate cd-key in origins and voila digital version is yours plus all the extra collectable goodies.

No point in putting out a blu ray when few people have it. Way to kill interest in a package.

Awesome looking package, not crazy about the big box art though. But seems to confirm the excellent game cover art!

Morn

Banned
Xamdou said:

Buy retail collector's edition, activate cd-key in origins and voila digital version is yours plus all the extra collectable goodies.

Yup that's what I'm doing most likely.

Morn

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
That's not a bust

It's a Gentle Giant statue, and again Gentle Giant sculps are SHIT now. They're not worth the money.

After their best sculptor left, 100% of their Lando bust orders were cancelled because it looked like a cheap Applause PVC figure.

Morn said:
It's a Gentle Giant statue, and again Gentle Giant sculps are SHIT now. They're not worth the money.

After their best sculptor left, 100% of their Lando bust orders were cancelled because it looked like a cheap Applause PVC figure.

Never liked Gentle Giant, and always way too expensive for the quality. For cheaper I could get a nice Kotobukiya or something else from a competitor. And whats sad is Gentle Giant statues and busts are tiny for the high price they charge.

DrBo42

Xamdou said:

It'll count that way?

Xamdou

DrBo42 said:
It'll count that way?

Any EA retail PC game's cd key or even digital PC games w/ cd-key purchased from online retailers (ie. Steam) can be activated on Origin thus giving you a digital version of it.

Consider it a digital back-up copy if you lose your EA PC game DVD.

Emitan

Xamdou said:

I can't preload that way. I'm just going to get the digital CE from Origin.

antonz

CcrooK said:
21bivxy.jpg

The box outlined in red showed up online a few weeks ago. It was much much larger and you could see it was fanmade.

LowParry

antonz said:
The box outlined in red showed up online a few weeks ago. It was much much larger and you could see it was fanmade.

Hmmm. Well I don't even know. I'm not even hyped though watching others go ape shit crazy these past couple of days has been funny to watch.

antonz said:
21bivxy.jpg

The box or the artwork? The artwork is used in the beta launcher right now and has been posted online before. But really it's kind of hard to fake the box art and all those extras including the Malgus statue.

antonz

BattleMonkey said:
The box or the artwork? The artwork is used in the beta launcher right now and has been posted online before. But really it's kind of hard to fake the box art and all those extras including the Malgus statue.
The box using that artwork showed up online a few weeks ago. It was pointed out to be using launcher art pretty fast. Pain in the ass trying to find it now because google brings up todays stuff now

antonz said:
The box using that artwork showed up online a few weeks ago. It was pointed out to be using launcher art pretty fast.

It could have been a leak. It seems pretty legit so far again because of everything being shown.

Morn

Banned
antonz said:
The box using that artwork showed up online a few weeks ago. It was pointed out to be using launcher art pretty fast. Pain in the ass trying to find it now because google brings up todays stuff now

Just because it is the beta launcher art it doesn't mean it's fake.

Well it says "Work-In Progress Art". The CE box looks kind of strange, but maybe that's just not finished. It may point to a fake as well, but I just can't see the standard boxart being edited into the picture here and everything else looks legit, too.

Xamdou said:
Yeah just noticed that, edited my post :O

Ditto, the most stand-out feature of Origin.

How is this a "stand-out feature"? loads of games can do this on Steam.

edit: also all Blizzard games like this as well.

antonz

Morn said:
Just because it is the beta launcher art it doesn't mean it's fake.
WhenI find the image again you will see why I say fake. You could see the shitty photoshop job etc. I guess its entirely possible an early version of the boxart leaked

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Boxart is Fake, unless they got rid of the usual guy that does their artwork for the boxes.

LowParry

Baller said:
Hopefully I'll already have the client installed from beta...

Chances are, they'll want you to re-download the entire client come launch. Maybe. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they do that with Rift?

Darklord

Banned
antonz said:
21bivxy.jpg

BattleMonkey said:

It's a placeholder. It even says in the bottom right.

CcrooK said:
Chances are, they'll want you to re-download the entire client come launch. Maybe. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they do that with Rift?
Not sure, but they didn't do it in SWG, WoW or WAR. All 3 of those games let the beta client carry over to retail. There was some updates, of course, but most of the data was already on my HD.

Iadien said:
Boxart is Fake, unless they got rid of the usual guy that does their artwork for the boxes.

Which one? The standard edition boxart is almost certainly not fake. It hast been sighted at more than one online shop and uses original art a faker would have no access to.

The standard edition shown in the CE picture looks like the preorder box without all the preorder-info so that should be legit too. The CE boxart may just be a placeholder. Why should it be fake if everything else is most likely not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom