• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Under Fire II - first x360 shots

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=219104

screenshot_218244.jpg

screenshot_218243.jpg

screenshot_218242.jpg

screenshot_218241.jpg

screenshot_218240.jpg

screenshot_218239.jpg

screenshot_218238.jpg

looks very good

Isn't this one more of a strategy/action hybrid like the previous KUF games on the original Xbox? If so, count me in day 1 - looks stunning.

Raide

bathala said:
is the gameplay more like Dynasty Warriors with those awesome graphics?

I sincerely hope they stick to the previous gameplay style and have this being an awesome tactical hack n slash game, not a Dynasty Warrior snore-fest.:lol

Bootaaay said:
Isn't this one more of a strategy/action hybrid like the previous KUF games on the original Xbox? If so, count me in day 1 - looks stunning.

What he said, I was a HUGE fan of the franchise on XBox, and can't wait to bet my hands this. Thi swill make up for that mediocre dungeon crawler KUF:Crusaders, side story crap and give the fans what the really want!

Apharmd Battler said:
What he said, I was a HUGE fan of the franchise on XBox, and can't wait to bet my hands this. Thi swill make up for that mediocre dungeon crawler KUF:Crusaders, side story crap and give the fans what the really want!

Yup. I'm ridiculously pumped for this game. Considering the technical achievement they were able to accomplish with the Xbox, the 360 version is going to be insane.

Crye

High hopes for this, the xbox ones were the best games on the system imo, second only to Riddick! If 360 version looks that stunning, any PC shots around?

Holy shit, that is looking great.

I have the first game. It is very enjoyable, I like it much better than N3 or Dynasty Warriors. However, the battles in this look about 10x the scale of the original 360 game. Wow.

Chichikov

Quixzlizx said:
1. Was the Xbox version good?
Fantastic game (and its sequel, they’re very similar).
Pretty much the best rts/action hybrid ever.
It’s also one of the better looking xbox games.

The only issue I had with those games is the difficulty, you see, the difficulty is controlled by the campaign you’re playing, so if you want to play through all the missions you’ll wade through many too easy and too hard missions (and the hard missions can be crazy annoying).
I wish they move away from this approach and just use normal difficulty setting.

In any case, day 1.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks great and the first on the xbox was really really cool.

RavenFox

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
It's PC & 360.

Out some time next year afaik.
Could you please point to where it says PC/360 only? All I found was PC and consoles.
Named as "Kingdom Under Fire II", the new version of Kingdom Under Fire is aiming for 2009 release and will be available worldwide on both PC and console platforms.
http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2009-01-02/20090102235915923,1.shtml

Again even on the gamespot Q&A no specific brand but the mention of consoles[with an s]
GS: Do you foresee there being drastic differences between the console and PC versions of the game from an online perspective? Will they offer the same feature and mode set?

SL: The goal is to develop both versions to be almost alike in terms of online multiplayer. However, the control scheme of PC and that of consoles are quite different, so we expect there to be some small differences in that regard. Eventually, all game modes are to be available for both PC and consoles, but where we put the focus in the beginning will be quite different. For example, with the PC online version, the game is to be started off in the multiplayer online mode, and the aspect of online multiplayer holds much weight. As for the console version, we have set the direction of the development towards such that it will exploit all the strengths of consoles as platforms, so we can accommodate console gamers as another key group of our audience. Our plan is to have console versions support story campaigns with heroes as default.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...s.html?sid=6205411&tag=topslot;thumb;3&page=2

360 preview and listed for PS3 and PC
http://gameplayer.se/game_info.php?game_id=8269&section=2&sub_section=3#main

Jinko

Graphically it looks great but the lighting and lack of colour spoils it a bit for me, not enough contrast and colour in these images.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
FUCK YEAH! PC & 360 versions DAY 1!

RavenFox said:
Could you please point to where it says PC/360 only? All I found was PC and consoles.

http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2009-01-02/20090102235915923,1.shtml

Again even on the gamespot Q&A no specific brand but the mention of consoles[with an s]

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...s.html?sid=6205411&tag=topslot;thumb;3&page=2

360 preview and listed for PS3 and PC
http://gameplayer.se/game_info.php?game_id=8269&section=2&sub_section=3#main
I talked to the devs during the last KUF: CoD event and back then they had not started the PS3 version and the 360 and PC versions were being done simultaneously. These guys love the 360 hardware and have already experience in two titles with it.

gollumsluvslave said:
I loved the originla KUF - this looks great.

Hopefully they can ditch the annoying crap thrash metal!
NO! The Metal during Epic fights is an staple of the series. Also, they are mixing the metal with other types of classical music now. Look at the CoD soundtrack for example.

RavenFox

Banned
godhandiscen said:
FUCK YEAH! PC & 360 versions DAY 1!

I talked to the devs during the last KUF: CoD event and back then they had not started the PS3 version and the 360 and PC versions were being done simultaneously. These guys love the 360 hardware and have already experience in two titles with it.

So 360 and PC release first and PS3 release later down the road? Sounds plausible with how some games are handled on Sony platforms this gen. PC for me though :). Thank You godhandiscen
Yes after all that its PC for me lol

godhandiscen

Zenith said:
what's the PC version of Kingdom Crusades like? first I've actually heard of these games.
It is a mix of Diablo and WC. It was an excellent game for its time. I would argue Blizzard could have taken some ideas from it for the whole heroes system in WC3.
RavenFox said:
So 360 and PC release first and PS3 release later down the road? Sounds plausible with how some games are handled on Sony platforms this gen. PC for me though :). Thank You godhandiscen
Yes after all that its PC for me lol
Yeah a PS3 version has always been in the plans.

RavenFox

Banned
godhandiscen said:
It is a mix of Diablo and WC. It was an excellent game for its time. I would argue Blizzard could have taken some ideas from it for the whole heroes system in WC3.
Yup use to play the first on my buds Xbox[I own one]. The hero system was all kinds of awesome.

Oh wait just a minute I played this on PC also back in the day. Damn I forgot the name for it but I remember playing with the muscled warrior with the hood and horns. It was a different type of play though. Was the name also KUF?

godhandiscen

MightyHedgehog said:
I really do hope that this plays more like that first XBOX KUF.
It does play like the xbox KUF, but there is also a constant online world to conquer like in CromeHounds.
RavenFox said:
Yup use to play the first on my buds Xbox[I own one]. The hero system was all kinds of awesome.

Oh wait just a minute I played this on PC also back in the day. Damn I forgot the name for it but I remember playing with the muscled warrior with the hood and horns. It was a different type of play though. Was the name also KUF?
Yes. In the original you control Regnier. The gameplay is a mix between WC2 and Diablo just as I said. Here is a pic

200412136822370.jpg

Gwanatu T

Raide said:
I sincerely hope they stick to the previous gameplay style and have this being an awesome tactical hack n slash game, not a Dynasty Warrior snore-fest.:lol

Yeah that would be best. I really enjoyed the two Kingdom Under Fire games on the original Xbox, they were a nice breath of fresh air from the usual Dynasty Warrior's crap, and actually had strategy and better RPG elements than DW. These screens look incredible, the detail is fantastic.

Raide said:
:lol Yeah, he gave that Troll a good kicking. How come that never appeared as a gif with GTFO on it? :lol

TOUCHE!

But seriously, unless Phantgram/Blue Side is asleep at the wheel or wnadering the desert on peyote...this game should FANTASTC!! I can't wait to hear about online game play. THis thread has me going to KUF Crusaders and Heroes on my XBox tonight. some of the battle in these games were epic! I can't wait to see what they achieve with XBox360 hardware.

N3 did nothing to quench my thirst for battle, and have been hoping for a another game in the franchise ever since. Circle of Doom was a medicore dungeon crawler. It wasn't bad but there are better ones out on the consoles and the controls and overall direction were just uninspired. Still a decent game for online co-op if you find it cheap. But I can't wait to see more of KUF II!

Apharmd Battler said:
TOUCHE!

But seriously, unless Phantgram/Blue Side is asleep at the wheel or wnadering the desert on peyote...this game should FANTASTC!! I can't wait to hear about online game play. THis thread has me going to KUF Crusaders and Heroes on my XBox tonight. some of the battle in these games were epic! I can't wait to see what they achieve with XBox360 hardware.

I loved the feeling when your squad + 3 other ally squads get close to another few enemy squads and all the troops start running towards each other yelling, and you're just like "HELL YEAH LET'S DO THIS!!!"

Just watched the gameplay trailer, this looks incredible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been excited for this for a while. KUF series was one of the most underrated title of last gen. And I even loved COD this gen. The character artstyle they have also is top notch.

Xater

godhandiscen said:
Yeah a PS3 version has always been in the plans.

That's cool. Maybe I'll finlly get to play one of those games. I totally missed out on the Xbox ones although I had the console. It definately looks reallly nice.

Top Bottom