• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta (North America/Europe) - January 2010

Jim

Didn't see this posted... from Sega PR:

SEGA CONFIRMS SHIP DATE FOR BAYONETTA FOR NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE

SEGA can confirm that Bayonetta will release across Western Markets in January 2010. This follows the Japanese launch of the game dated for later this year on October 29th.

“Bayonetta is an extremely important new IP for SEGA and adds a new level of depth to our growing portfolio. As a result of market analysis we have taken a Publishing decision that January 2010 is the optimum release time in the Western Markets to maximize this exciting new title's potential,” said Mike Hayes, President and COO for SEGA West.

Bayonetta created a huge buzz at this year’s E3 where it was critically acclaimed by the press, picking up numerous best of show nominations and ultimately winning 1Up.com’s Best Action Game of the convention. This highly anticipated 3D action title developed by PlatinumGames will be appearing at GamesCom in Cologne this August.

it is ok cry? well let me get this out of the way for the numerous pages to follow

Why god. why god? My fanboy tears can't stop flowing. I thought PG was on point with their releases? Why?!

Anyway, real talk whatever time the game needs to be well polished is fine with me

Totobeni said:
Halo 3: ODST , MW2 will crush this if SEGA went November or October in NA , this is for better imo .

I think this has a lot to do with it as well. Why purposefully gimp your release window against a juggernaut?

TheOddOne

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY GOTY 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

*agrees with worst Christmas ever topic now*

gerg

Well at least it won't be slaughtered as much now, right?

PlatinumGames deserve to have a game sell well.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
stewieknockingoveramagazinerack.gif

BAH!

Just saved me $60 this year though I guess. Sega learned their lesson I guess, but there's still a bunch of games due that month too. Plus, post Xmas/New Year brokeness. =/

Isn't January the worst month of sales? I'm really disappointed by this. If the Japanese version has English subtitles I'm importing it. The English voice track is a given since there isn't a Japanese one, but I still want the subs.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Good. Publishers are learning their lesson and moving titles across the whole year as opposed to the holidays.

I just wish they ALL didn't do this.

Coxswain

Son of a bitch. I mean honestly I don't mind waiting for it and I don't mind this year being less crazy and hectic than the last two, but 2010 is going to bankrupt me :(

SONBITCH!!

This was definitely on my day 1 purchase list for this year. Oh well, just have to wait for the beginning of next year.

Now, that I think about it, maybe they made that move to avoid all the other great games from taking away it's sales?

Kusagari

As sad as this makes me, it's the right choice. We've seen how much success Capcom has had with January-Feb-March releases so this is a smart move by Sega.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I doubt they did this to avoid Q4 titles, it's not like Q1 2010 is going to be clear either. :\

:( sad panda
end of January is way to close to March wich is God Of War III.
oh well, I am still gonna buy it day 1 but was hoping for a little breathing room between Bayonetta and GoW3

In the NPD thread there seems to be common wisdom among many that SEGA is now the kiss of death as a publisher for a game. Do we expect Bayonetta to buck this trend or will SEGA claim another victim? I'm curious what people really think.

Iamnub said:
I don't get it. Is everyone that afraid of going up against MW2 and Halo?

Do you logically think a new IP in the very fickle world of videogames is going to do well against well known established franchises? Mind you all have to take into account for the marketing power behind them and the fanbase as well. So the answer is very much so

Dizzle24

Shit fuck.

Now I am going to be forced to sit on Youtube all day and watch the gameplay vids people post from October to January, until I can get my own copy. I hate spoiling the game this way, I want to play NOW DAMMIT! :lol

gerg

Dr. Zoidberg said:
In the NPD thread there seems to be common wisdom among many that SEGA is now the kiss of death as a publisher for a game. Do we expect Bayonetta to buck this trend or will SEGA claim another victim? I'm curious what people really think.

The 360/PS3 audience will probably be more receptive to this type of game, but I imagine that the breadth and extent of the game's advertising campaign will still be substantial in affecting its sales.

lupinko

gutter_trash said:
so if we import an Asian copy, will we still have English on it? (PS3)

If they did all the translations already, even the Japanese disc would have the English on it (in Sega's case, this was the case with the Japanese versions of Power Smash 3 (VT3) and VF5 on PS3).

Top Bottom