• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

B.K. said:
One of the sites that says Strider is in the magazine says that Strider 3 is supposed to be similar to Devil May Cry.

I thought we had Devil May Cry to be... Devil May Cry. I want something different.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Infernal Monkey said:
dh8uc0.gif

That's just painful for a Goemon fan...

Teknoman

TheCardPlayer said:

Do want EX.

Gravijah said:
I thought we had Devil May Cry to be... Devil May Cry. I want something different.

Just because it's like Devil May Cry doesnt mean it'll play like it. People say Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and soon Bayonetta are "like" Devil May Cry, but they all play differently.

Im sure this just means the combat system is fast paced.

Gilgamesh

Gravijah said:
I'm becoming increasingly upset as I think about what this suggests your opinion of Bayonetta is.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Teknoman said:
Do want EX.

Just because it's like Devil May Cry doesnt mean it'll play like it. People say Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and soon Bayonetta are "like" Devil May Cry, but they all play differently.

Im sure this just means the combat system is fast paced.

Yeah. Each of those games had standout elements that differentiated them from one another. DMC and NG may look similar, but play them and it's clear that they aren't one and the same.

DMC had a deep fighting engine based on offense, NG had challenge and a strong emphasis on defense, GoW had the massive production values and a more casual sense of gameplay. What does Strider needs in 3d? Speed, baby. It's all about speed.

Gravijah said:
I don't have one at the moment, but it gets a pass.

Ahem....FAIL!

GhaleonQ

Whoever confirms any Strider material, PLEASE post the developer and style!

*dances* I know it's been hinted at for ages, but yeah!

Gravijah

TheCardPlayer said:
Yeah. Each of those games had standout elements that differentiated them from one another. DMC and NG may look similar, but play them and it's clear that they aren't one and the same.

DMC had a deep fighting engine based on offense, NG had challenge and a strong emphasis on defense, GoW had the massive production values and a more casual sense of gameplay. What does Strider needs in 3d? Speed, baby. It's all about speed.

Ahem....FAIL!

I want an ultra fast ninja slicing through baddies. That's all.

duckroll

Why are we slipping back into the old habit of having unconfirmed news in the OP and rumor mongering? I see standards are slipping. Maybe I have to do something about it....

jrricky

Banned
duckroll said:
Why are we slipping back into the old habit of having unconfirmed news in the OP and rumor mongering? I see standards are slipping. Maybe I have to do something about it....
Uh oh...

Zihark

2CH is always laughing at gaf-thats nothing new. So is that Capcom HD Strider the only rumor-is Tenchu 5/SB stuff true?

the hell? P3 portable...? So randoooooom. Does it include fes? please include fes. I haven't played through it because its basically a grind/load previous savegame-fest, but if it were on a portable, I think I could bear it!

B.K.

duckroll: Is that girl in the scan new? I never got far enough into Persona 3 for the entire cast to be introduced. :p

cvxfreak

Wow, Capcom really likes to drive the point home whenever they bring their franchises to Wii by pairing a port with a new title. Well, technically, they previously paired the two versions of BASARA 2 together (BASARA 2 and BASARA 2 Heroes), but still, BASARA 3 and X apparently releasing on the same day is a pleasant surprise. The previous two were RE4 + REUC and MHG + MH3.

Guess we can count on seeing Onimusha and DMC ports in the future? :lol

jvalioli

B.K. said:
duckroll: Is that girl in the scan new? I never got far enough into Persona 3 for the entire cast to be introduced. :p
Yes she is new.

Her Persona design is almost the same as the main character's persona. I can't read a lot of Japanese so I can't tell you why.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
zoku88 said:
Because P3 would make them more money >.>

Having both the orignal and FES, I see no reason to buy this.

I have both too, but having it in portable version is kind of neat.

jett

D-Member
I asked this in another Famitsu thread, but will someone explain to me what was the deal with the average looking women in Famitsu's covers for the last couple of months? I guess they stopped that shit this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom