• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 Official Thread

517WjtdCoAL._SL500_400_.jpg

Title: Kido Senshi Gundam Senki/Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081
Developer: BEC/White Dingo Team
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
System: Playstation 3
Genre: Third person shooter
Release date: September 3rd, 2009 (Japan/Hong Kong)
First Pressing bonus: Download code for a 7 day rental of an OVA prologue.

Reviews:
http://www.mechadamashii.com/?p=239

YouTube video of the first level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAsu6FKJ6co

Upcoming DLC:
September 17th -- FA-78-3 Full Armor Gundam and RX-81AS Assault Armor (the ones that came with the system bundle) for 300 yen.
October -- GP-01 Gundam, GP-02A Gundam and RMS-099 Rick Dias. Price unknown.

Trophy list: They're even in English based on your system settings.

Bronze - Clear Federation's scenario mode.
Silver - Clear Federation's scenario mode on Hard.
Bronze - Clear Zeon's scenario mode.
Silver - Clear Zeon's scenario mode on Hard.
Bronze - Clear 100 free missions.
Silver - Clear 500 free missions.
Bronze - Clear your first mission.
Gold - Clear all scenario and free missions.
Bronze - Play for a total of 30 hours.
Bronze - Get a total of 500 prizes from mission completion.
Silver - Collect all custom parts.
Bronze - Collect all ranged weapons.
Bronze - Collect all close range weapons.
Bronze - Collect all shields.
Bronze - Collect all mobile suits.
Silver - Obtain the silver Zaku
Gold - Obtain the Gold GMBronze - Collect a million achievement points.
Bronze - Get to Pilot level 50.
Silver - Get to Pilot level 100.
Gold - Get to Pilot level 200.
Bronze - Get your close range skill level to 99.
Bronze - Get your ranged skill level to 99.
Bronze - Get your defence skill level to 99.
Bronze - Get your mobile suit control skill to 99.
Bronze - Destroy 1000 hostile mobile suits.
Silver - Destroy 5000 hostile mobile suits.
Bronze - Cooperate with one or more people to complete 50 missions.
Silver - Cooperate with one or more people to complete 100 missions.
Gold - Cooperate with one or more people to complete 500 missions.
Bronze - Win a team battle.
Silver - Win 50 team battles.
Bronze - Win your first battle royale.
Silver - Win 50 battle royales.
Bronze - Defeat 50 enemy players in team battle.
Silver - Defeat 100 enemy players in team battle.
Bronze - Defeat 50 enemy players in battle royale.
Silver - Defeat 100 enemy players in battle royale.

Play types: Single player, 8-player deathmatch, 4-player cooperative.

From Classygamer
The Free Mission mode will allow players to fight online both in four players cooperative mode and in eight players team deathmatch.
When creating a character each player will have to chose a side (Earth Federation or Zeon) and a name, and will retain his online persona from then on (there's no info on the possibility to have multiple characters at the moment). By killing the enemy online he will receive experience points that will contribute towards a leveling system granting new ranks and skills.

As his online career progresses each player will be able to purchase and customize new mobile suits to tackle different missions.
The customization provided online will be even more extensive than that of the campaign modes, as the enemy weapons will be available for capture, for instance allowing a Zaku to carry a beam saber, or a Gundam to fight with two beam axes.
Also, during the online missions, defeated enemy mobile suits will drop customization parts that will unlock new mobile suits (four Gundams and two Zakus, between witch the infamous "Red Comet" from the first anime series).

During online gameplay communication will be available both via text chat and voice chat and a system similar to the command palette will allow players to assign a pre-written text lines to the D-Pad, to give quick instructions to their team-mates.

GAFers with the game for online play:
GAF name / PSN name
Distantmantra / Distantmantra
Drame / Halba
cloudv / cloudv
donkey show / gevurah22
Astery / Astery

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Might get... just depends. That guy on the stream always seems to get games early though...

Nakazato

looks a lil bland
Edit: Explosions look good tho lol
Edit 2 : WTF now there hating on kagari for no reason is she even in the Justin room

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nakazato said:
looks a lil bland
Edit: Explosions look good tho lol
Edit 2 : WTF now there hating on kagari for no reason is she even in the Justin room

lol, best to ignore the chat.

Shouta

I've been considering getting this because it looks pretty decent and I've been on a Gundam binge lately but I don't know...

BlueWord

I was sort of interested in this game... but this has really sealed it for me; it looks bland, and not very fun.

A pity, really. I've never bought an anime-based game, before, but this one looked like a cut above the rest. I'll wait to hear more impressions before shooting it down entirely, but it's not looking good. :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlueWord said:
I was sort of interested in this game... but this has really sealed it for me; it looks bland, and not very fun.

A pity, really. I've never bought an anime-based game, before, but this one looked like a cut above the rest. I'll wait to hear more impressions before shooting it down entirely, but it's not looking good. :(

Most Gundam games are like this. Some of them can be pretty fun though.

The game looks vastly improved from Target in Sight/Crossfire, but honestly, that's not saying much.

In any event, I will have the game on Saturday. I will love it on some base level, while having no problem admitting that it's terrible.

MechaX

Watching the stream now.

LoL @ The Gogg running into the wall for a good couple seconds. Yeah, the enemy AI seems pretty dumbshit on whatever difficulty level this is.

Egh, I don't know if even my huge love for Gundam would force me to get this. It's like the gameplay was ripped straight from Journey to Jaburo (which I loved back then).

Bebpo

Banned
I think I'm over my phase of buying and playing every gundam game despite how crappy and unfun they are.

Famitsu already announced DLC for the game today.

September 17th -- FA-78-3 Full Armor Gundam and RX-81AS Assault Armor (the ones that came with the system bundle) for 300 yen.

Time to get myself a JP PSN card!

Drame

My copy dispatched this morning, so you're not the only one who's buying the game ;).

Bebpo said:
I think I'm over my phase of buying and playing every gundam game despite how crappy and unfun they are.

Well, I'm not over that phase yet, and hey Senki can be good!

distantmantra said:

Groovy, gotta grab a JPN PSN card myself too.

Astery

Drame said:
My copy dispatched this morning, so you're not the only one who's buying the game ;).

My copy dispatched this morning as well :D

Honestly by watching it, it looks pretty dumb, but I'm sold for the story none the less.

Drame

Astery said:
My copy dispatched this morning as well :D

Honestly by watching it, it looks pretty dumb, but I'm sold for the story none the less.

True, the story is looking pretty good.
Hopefully, my copy arrives soon, I can't wait to play this.

distantmantra said:

GP-02A? FUUUUUUUUUUU

Guess, I'm going to JapanVideoGames later on today. :lol

My copy of the game came today. The standalone retail version comes in the old style PS3 cover art. I'll take a picture later for the pick up thread.

Drame

distantmantra said:
My copy of the game came today. The standalone retail version comes in the old style PS3 cover art. I'll take a picture later for the pick up thread.

Really? Oh well, was kinda hoping for the new style box art.

Hopefully, you'll post some impressions soon :).

zoku88

Looks ok. They should make everything more fragile. Looked to easy, but I guess it's the first level, so it's ok.

Alucrid

Banned
I haven't played a Gundam game since Journey to Jaburo on the PS2. I might have to pick this up, especially if it's better than Crossfire.

Drame

eggandI said:
Hopefully someone starts working on a fan translation and hopefully all the anime shit is skippable.

Well, I'm pretty sure that there will be a translation FAQ on Gamefaqs someday.
And you can skip the cut scenes if you want, I think.

Drame said:
Really? Oh well, was kinda hoping for the new style box art.

Yeah, I was also hoping for the new box art. The standalone looks identical to the cover art in the OP.

Hopefully, you'll post some impressions soon :).

Maybe late late late tonight (like 1-2am PST), I'm doing some writing for work today and then hanging out with friends tonight.

Drame

distantmantra said:
Yeah, I was also hoping for the new box art. The standalone looks identical to the cover art in the OP.

Maybe late late late tonight (like 1-2am PST), I'm doing some writing for work today and then hanging out with friends tonight.

Cheers, hoping that my copy is here on monday.
We could try to get some GAF games going on someday.

Drame said:
Cheers, hoping that my copy is here on monday.
We could try to get some GAF games going on someday.

That would be great. In the OP I'll make a list of GAFers with the game and their PSN names, so if anyone gets the game, let me know your PSN info and I'll include it in the list.

I played the first mission on the Federation side this morning. It's a vast improvement over Target in Sight/Crossfire (the controls are so much better, as is the frame rate), but it's still not a great title, and really not worth playing if you don't like Gundam.

Drame

distantmantra said:
I played the first mission on the Federation side this morning. It's a vast improvement over Target in Sight/Crossfire (the controls are so much better, as is the frame rate), but it's still not a great title, and really not worth playing if you don't like Gundam.

Well, an improvement over TiS and Crossfire is good enough for me.
Who knows, maybe it might get better later on.

Shouta

Since there really isn't another thread for this, and you're probably the only other person interested, Distant, there's apparently a Gundam Vs Gundam Next private beta or something going on for the PS3. Some screenshots are being passed around for it. If true, wooo, GvGN over PSN ftw.

Drame

Shouta said:
Since there really isn't another thread for this, and you're probably the only other person interested, Distant, there's apparently a Gundam Vs Gundam Next private beta or something going on for the PS3. Some screenshots are being passed around for it. If true, wooo, GvGN over PSN ftw.

Wow, that sounds pretty awesome.

Deadly

Shouta said:

WHAT!? Shit GvG Online over PSN alone would almost convince me to buy a PS3.

xero273

Shouta said:

Isn't GvGN using the same arcade board as GvG? This would be awesome if true.

Shouta said:

Can you post the screenshots or is that off limits?

I have the PSP game and play it every once in a while. A PS3 (or console version in general) would be great.

Shouta said:

Seriously? Where can one find said screenshots? I take it they're not scans so it's GAF appropriate?

gvsgnps3beta.jpg

Whatever happened to that Gundam game for X360, think it was called "The One Year War" or some such.. actually looked pretty fun. Did it get canned?

I played through the second EFSF level this morning. Pretty standard protect your units from the enemy level. Controls are so much better than TiS it's ridiculous. It's actually fun to play!

LocoMrPollock said:
Whatever happened to that Gundam game for X360, think it was called "The One Year War" or some such.. actually looked pretty fun. Did it get canned?

It was released in Japan, but quietly canceled for North America and Europe. You can get the Asian (region locked) version for $15 at Play Asia.

xero273

hmm so HD GvGN. This is awesome news. I wonder when namco will decide to announce this and start posting screens

Drame

distantmantra said:
I played through the second EFSF level this morning. Pretty standard protect your units from the enemy level. Controls are so much better than TiS it's ridiculous. It's actually fun to play!

Now we're talking!

Hopefully, we'll see some news on GvGN soonish.

fallagin

Shouta said:

I loved federation vs zeon. I hope they have a campaign similar to that one. I didn't like the campaign in gundam vs zeta gundam. Or will there be a campaign at all?

I have been wanting something like this for current gen consoles. A graphical upgrade and online support would make the series even better on consoles.

Q8D3vil

since im a gundam fan

i hope this dont suck like the first one

i'll pass this unless its realy good otherwise gundam psp is awesome :D

fallagin said:
I loved federation vs zeon. I hope they have a campaign similar to that one. I didn't like the campaign in gundam vs zeta gundam. Or will there be a campaign at all?

GvG on the PSP didn't really have a campaign mode, and I don't think any console port of GvGN would have one either.

I have been wanting something like this for current gen consoles. A graphical upgrade and online support would make the series even better on consoles.

I don't even need a graphical upgrade from the arcade version. I have a PSP and GvG, but I'd prefer GvGN on my TV and not a little screen.

fallagin

distantmantra said:
GvG on the PSP didn't really have a campaign mode, and I don't think any console port of GvGN would have one either.

Yeah it will still be great without campaign, it was just fun to hoard mobile suits in campaign and use top ones during big fight.

distantmantra said:
I don't even need a graphical upgrade from the arcade version. I have a PSP and GvG, but I'd prefer GvGN on my TV and not a little screen.

Yeah that's what I meant. I want the graphics to be similar to the arcade version. The ps2 graphics were hard to tolerate.

Top Bottom