• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft to debut new games at TGS

RBH

Microsoft to debut new games and announcements at TGS
Tuesday, 08 Sep 2009 20:19

GamesCom 2009 in Cologne, Germany, was a relatively muted affair for Microsoft. The new European event only saw the announcement of Fable III by Lionhead's Peter Molyneux, whereas Sony took the event as the stage to announce a PlayStation 3 price cut and a slimmer model.

However, it looks like Microsoft is targeting this month's Tokyo Games Show for new game announcements, obviously hoping to excite Japanese consumers who have previously been relatively reluctant to buy the Xbox 360.

We've been informed by one of our development ninjas that the controller-less Project Natal should be on show with a selection of previously shown games.

Moreover, a new Rare title is expected to be announced at the event, though it's not believed that Natal capability will be shown just yet, despite the UK studio working closely with the technology.

Square Enix and Capcom are scheduled to be showing some new Xbox 360 games (not necessarily exclusive) with the announcement of Final Fantasy XIV for Microsoft's console being one of the company's surprises.

Bungie will also debut footage of Halo Reach at the event, which was our source's most confident piece of information.

We were also told that the CPU included in Project Natal's camera is more powerful than previously thought. Although we're not quite sure what this implies, the words "something big" were used. Consider us intrigued.

As for Sony, a Gran Turismo 5 release date announcement is presumed, The Last Guardian should be shown and a couple of new games may be debuted.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/form...w-games-and-announcements-at-tgs-$1324439.htm

Debunked:

OuterWorldVoice said:
I can tell you that at least one of these rumors is total BS and so the rest reek by association.

Somebody lock this shit up.

Peff

DID I READ RARE?

Odd that they would show it at TGS but I'll cling on to anything at this point :lol

The game Itagaki is working on seems like a lock though. Hopefully Mistwalker's new game is shown too.

MS to reveal Xportable - otherwise known as XP

Mistwalker and Tokyo Vikings had better be there

Edit: I thought they already had their TGS preshow conference which showed nothing

[Nintex]

I sure hope Rare finally has something to show. It's been almost a year since Banjo and all they've released this year are a bunch of Viva Pinata cards and Perfect Dark XBLA renders.

I love how the article throws in Sony at the bottom like they don't matter. Sony not only have a keynote, but have actually SAID there'll be new games, whilst also having some major third party support there, with FFXIII headlining.

I'm not sure Microsoft will have that many announcements. I can see a Mistwalker game and Halo Reach footage. Why Microsoft choose TGS to show/announce Halo titles in recent years is beyond me.

skip

going by what they said at the Bungie PAX panel, I highly doubt that we'll see Reach footage right when ODST goes on sale. would like to be surprised, though.

ymmv

Banned
I bet Japanese gamers at the TGS will hardly be able to contain their excitement: Halo Reach and a new Rare game will light up the the Japanese charts...

As for Sony, a Gran Turismo 5 release date announcement is presumed, The Last Guardian should be shown and a couple of new games may be debuted.

What a ridiculously weighted article. So not so much "rumours" just made up bullshit with an obvious slant.

I'm sure Japan would go fucking crazy over a Rare game announcement! :lol :lol :lol

soco

microsoft doesn't care about japan!

honestly, sounds like a wish list to me. i'll be surprised if they announce a Rare game at TGS when it would've been perfect for gamescon.

Acosta

A Rare game in TGS, wow, probably it will suit as well as the HALO:ODST presentation last year.

By the way, I smell BS. I am sure I'm not the only one.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
OuterWorldVoice said:
I can tell you that at least one of these rumors is total BS and so the rest reek by association.
Welp, if their source's "most confident piece of information" isn't true then saying the rest reek by association would be an understatement.

And thank you for saving us from the horrors these types of threads generate, even if its only this once.

Zzoram

pharmboy044 said:
Halo:Reach at TGS? Really? Am I missing something here?

Didn't they unveil ODST at TGS?

I am hoping for a Blue Dragon 2 or Lost Odyssey 2 announcement myself.

iceatcs

for Rare - Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise for Japan, I'm not sure if it is not yet out.

But I think we will get more shmups, girlfriend simulate etc...

Top Bottom