• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

According to gamefront.de there is going to be a Microsoft press conference on 24th.

The original source is FujiSankei/Bloomberg.

Kagari said:
CC2 is said to be working on another PS3 title. I hope it's not Naruto.

if they expand on Ultimate ninja storm, and correct some of the BS like the scrolls could shape up to be a very good game.

im all hacked out :lol

klee123

MCD said:
ms press conference as in keynote?

Sony's doing the TGS keynote this year, so the MS conference is most likely a separate conference. It was the same last year, but vice versa.

TreIII

Andronicus said:
if they expand on Ultimate ninja storm, and correct some of the BS like the scrolls could shape up to be a very good game.

im all hacked out :lol

Logically speaking, it likely WILL be Ninja Storm's sequel, featuring Shippuden stuff.

Still, part of me will keep hope springing eternally for something relating to Tail Concerto...

Fortinbras said:
According to gamefront.de there is going to be a Microsoft press conference on 24th.

The original source is FujiSankei/Bloomberg.

I'm not sure about an MS press conference, but they do have an "international party" on the night of the 24th every year, and this year it seems that they'll have game kiosks and possibly announcements.

LoD2 just seems like it'd be something way too risky for Sony. The original was made during the height of the JRPG craze, and as a result it did really well. That's died down now and the only really big JRPG worldwide if FF. Something like LoD2, if done properly, would cost a ton of money and probably wouldn't be able to make it back.

jeremy1456

Shadowlink said:

Unfortunately the only Grandia that's really good is the original.

Gamearts has pretty much fallen from grace. If they showed Grandia IV, and it looked to capture the same vein as the original, then I'd bite.

StuBurns

Banned
LoD2 would be incredible. People forget Sony actually made a masterful JRPG back in the day. People keep bitching at them for not having many this generation, and it being their strong point in the past. Makes sense to me.

jeremy1456

stuburns said:
LoD2 would be incredible. People forget Sony actually made a masterful JRPG back in the day. People keep bitching at them for not having many this generation, and it being their strong point in the past. Makes sense to me.

I'm seriously shocked at all the LoD love in this thread - usually I get laughed at when I say I loved it.

jeremy1456 said:
Unfortunately the only Grandia that's really good is the original.

Gamearts has pretty much fallen from grace. If they showed Grandia IV, and it looked to capture the same vein as the original, then I'd bite.
I liked Grandia II.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yo, I'm getting kinda hyped here. Just a bit, you know...don't wanna set expectations and shit but if they show The Last Guardian gameplay footage I will go ape-shit insane. No expectations, keep it cool.

jeremy1456

Suikoden VI is another game which would cause me to buy a PS3. Of course, I could just as easily see it coming out on Wii or PSP, in which cases I'm covered.

Synless

jeremy1456 said:
I'm seriously shocked at all the LoD love in this thread - usually I get laughed at when I say I loved it.
Surprised? I thought people loved this game. I know I did. If this is true I might die a happy man.

jiggle

banKai said:
sony conference tonight? or which day is it

famitsu leaks are tonight

but apparently, according to rykomatsu, the guy that generals posts them on 2ch is on vacation this week??? D:

Zophar

LoD1 was pretty mediocre, but the setting has so much potential and I've always felt it deserved to be a franchise. a LoD2 would please me greatly.

jeremy1456

Zophar said:
LoD1 was pretty mediocre, but the setting has so much potential and I've always felt it deserved to be a franchise. a LoD2 would please me greatly.

The setting was one of the weaker elements of the game, imo.

I loved the history and rich backstory of the game's world.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
jiggle said:
famitsu leaks are tonight

but apparently, according to rykomatsu, the guy that generals posts them on 2ch is on vacation this week??? D:
Then someone just needs to get his ass outta vacation. This is a crucial week mayng. TGS TGS TGS.

jeremy1456

cosmicblizzard said:
RPG DROUGHT OVER!

Seriously, this better be true. All we'll need is Suikoden 6 and I'll honestly say this generation wasn't as bad as it seemed like it would be.

We're going to need a heck of a lot more than that for the drought to be over.

Top Bottom