• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria 2 trailer

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Just like many PSP games, it seems to look a lot better in motion than what the screenshots seem to portray.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
man, they can't seem to get a friggin break in Galia, can they?

so bought

Man, I reaaaally don't want to buy a PSP again, I almost never play my DS as it is, but this is hard to pass up. Maybe I can borrow one.

ianp622

Yeah, looks like 4 player multiplayer at least. Now I just need 3 friends as crazy about VC as I am (and a PSP).

JEKKI

CHRONICLES!!

the game is called Valkyria CHRONICLES 2.

c-h-r-o-n-i-c-l-e-s

it's like u're one of those blogs that gotta be the first to post it so u rush and miss out the details coz u need dat ad revenue.

Hcoregamer00

Lain said:
It looks great! And the new Valkyria is great as well!
Can't wait for this.

She wouldn't be that bad if she didn't have those damn things sticking out of her head.

grumble said:
Keeping tons of hand grenades in your lockers is not a good idea.

Makes you wonder what kind of weaponry Military schools in the Empire have?

:lol :lol

SamBishop

Banned
I'm sorry, but this game has lost absolutely zero by going to the PSP. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a PS3 sequel too, but holy hell does this game look good -- not just for a PSP game, but in general. It's everything I loved about the original but, well, portable. My only big sticking point will be aiming, as it's pretty important to have fine control there and neither of the PSP's console solutions are as solid as a proper analog stick.

Still, from explosions (best PSP explosions ever?) to cutscenes to actual gameplay, it looks bad-fuckin'-ayass, and I can't wait to play the hell out of this game.

Giolon

Hcoregamer00 said:
Just like many PSP games, it seems to look a lot better in motion than what the screenshots seem to portray.
Better than I expected, but not good enough. The bland textures and jagged grass make me want to cry after the beauty of the original. Anime cutscenes look taken right out of the horrible anime adaptation of the first game. Shitty character designs still look shitty, including Valkyria-slut.

The two things I can say positive are that the gameplay still looks fun, and the music still sounds great (even if it won't be in surround sound anymore).

Edit:

Hcoregamer00 said:
She wouldn't be that bad if she didn't have those damn things sticking out of her head.
That would help...but it wouldn't change the ridiculously slutty nature of her outfit or the stupid look on her face. Give her more clothes (at least Selvaria wore a mostly realistic military uniform). And explain to us why Valkyria are apparently pouring out of the woodwork now.

Zen

Banned
This looks so good, Having VC on a portable system is going to be awesome. I'm not as keying to the new design on the characters, but it's hardly a deal breaker. I can't wait for this game to come out.

Raistlin

TheJollyCorner said:
damn this breaks my heart....

and I OWN a PSP. :(

Ah well....
I'll buy it... hopefully doing my part to support a Valkyria 3 for PS3.

I don't understand why people are upset it's hitting PSP. While I certainly want another PS3 rev, a strategy game is perfect on a portable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The school setting really is starting to get me on my nerves.

Plus the artstyle.

If I didn't love the first one so much I wouldn't even consider buying this one right now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Day one. Valkyria is a game I have wanted to play for awhile(no ps3). I'm glad Sega is bringing it to the PSP.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

* the fighting system " BLITZ" look more Actiony than what was in VC1
* it's VC2

hate

* Anime cutscene ( what the point of CANVAS engine again ? )
* all characters designs ( typical anime crap here , blood headed spike hired dude , cool boy with glasses , blond stupid girl..ect ) big meh , very disappointed.
* no mentions or hints for old charachters like they never existed

Looking quite nice, especially considering the platform. I was a bit concerned that the graphics associated with the gameplay itself wouldn't transfer over very well, thankfully that was misplaced.

Lain

Giolon said:
That would help...but it wouldn't change the ridiculously slutty nature of her outfit or the stupid look on her face. Give her more clothes (at least Selvaria wore a mostly realistic military uniform). And explain to us why Valkyria are apparently pouring out of the woodwork now.

I'm sorry to say, she could go on the field naked and still wouldn't look as slutty as Selvaria. Selvaria, you know? The one with giant tits and a dildo for a weapon.
If Selvaria was fine, this one is fine as well.

Giolon

Lain said:
I'm sorry to say, she could go on the field naked and still wouldn't look as slutty as Selvaria. Selvaria, you know? The one with giant tits and a dildo for a weapon.
If Selvaria was fine, this one is fine as well.

:lol maybe I just don't have as dirty a mind as you do, but I never saw the lance weapons that way (I suppose you could says the same thing about the lancers). While Selvaria's boobs certainly could have been toned down by at least half, at least she kept covered up.

Hcoregamer00

Giolon said:

Apparently someone didn't pay attention to the Valkyria Chronicles storyline

Valkyria:
The bloodline of the Valkyria is present in the many people of Europa. Most people live their lives without the knowledge that they carry the bloodline of the Valkyria generation to generation and die not knowing it at all. The bloodline makes it itself apparent only when the body is near death, which is why Selvaria had to stab herself to awaken, and Alicia had to get shot by Faldio. Theoretically, they could have a Valkyria Chronicles game with a whole cast of Valkyria's, and that would perfectly be in the bounds of the Franchise's universe because the bloodline is all over Europa.

I agree with Selvaria, her outfit is "mostly" realistic. Of course it still doesn't dismiss her own silly character designs like her enormous gravity-defying bustline, absurd "support," and idiotic pocket placement.

Giolon

Hcoregamer00 said:
Apparently someone didn't pay attention to the Valkyria Chronicles storyline

Valkyria:
The bloodline of the Valkyria is present in the many people of Europa. Most people live their lives without the knowledge that they carry the bloodline of the Valkyria generation to generation and die not knowing it at all. The bloodline makes it itself apparent only when the body is near death, which is why Selvaria had to stab herself to awaken, and Alicia had to get shot by Faldio. Theoretically, they could have a Valkyria Chronicles game with a whole cast of Valkyria's, and that would perfectly be in the bounds of the Franchise's universe because the bloodline is all over Europa.

I agree with Selvaria, her outfit is "mostly" realistic. Of course it still doesn't dismiss her own silly character designs like her enormous gravity-defying bustline, absurd "support," and idiotic pocket placement.

I played plenty of attention.
If people with sufficient Valkyrian blood to use their powers were that common though, wouldn't you have expected more than two of them to show up in the first game, especially given Maximillian's obsession with them and the existence of the Imperial research facility? Most of the claims of Valkyrian power and abilities had been relegated to legend and myth by the time of the game - it seemed at least implied to me that nobody had seen this kind of thing in hundreds of years. Being a conquering people, the Valkyria probably spread their genes far and wide, but nobody even thought to try to verify that the Randrgriz family was Valkyrian during the entireity of their reign (at least not publicly). How'd the rebels find this bitch?

That said, what would a Valkyria Chronicles game be without any Valkyria? However, if "Oh noes! Teh bad guy has a Valkyria what ever will we do?!"
"We'll get our own Valkyria!"
becomes a trope of the series, it's going to get really old and predictable very fast. Also, why is the Valkyria female again? Why is she half naked?

For the record on Selvaria, I did say in an earlier post in this thread that they could have toned her breasts down by at least half. I like TnA as much as the next guy, but they have a proper place. The relatively realistic battlefields of VC are not one of them. My favorite image of Selvaria is the one from the cover artwork - you can't even see past her neck. All you know is that she looks badass and powerful, and she's probably going to mess somebody's shit up. One need only look as far as Elanor Varrot to see that they can come up with an attractive, powerful female character without having to add pandering elements.

PSP's 2010 shaping up to be pretty incredible with this, Peace Walker and Kingdom Hearts 0. Was sort of hoping a demo of this would leak out or be released like the Peace Walker one, oh well :D

Crewnh said:
No Edelweiss, no buy.

There are multiple tanks in this. Did you not watch the trailer?

Nekobo

I'll overlook the generic anime art because the game play looks great. As long as it plays the same and has cameos from the first game, I'm sold.

Degen

Riskbreaker23 said:
was i seeing this or did one of the soldiers in trailer attack someone with a sword?
That melee slash was sick. I assume that character either has a gun option or loads of defense.

Top Bottom