• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3]Atelier Rorona Coming to North America

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://rpgland.com/news/atelier-rorona-officially-coming-to-north-america/

After some dude at NIS Europe let the cat out of the bag that Atelier Rorona would be headed to Europe, everyone pretty much knew what was up. Well now it’s official, Gust’s PS3 alchemy RPG will also be coming to North America some time in 2010. This news comes from NIS America’s big bash in Tokyo. Why Tokyo? Because they’re trolling the Game Show, like the Rage Against the Machine of game publishers.

No PR yet.

Lain

This was followed by the announcement of two new PSP titles for Japan and the US--a Japanese dungeon crawl RPG whose title can be roughly translated to 'Absolute Renovating Hero Plan' and an adventure game for the PSP and PSN based on the Disgaea characters titled Disgaea Infinite.

“We hope this new Disgaea game will be as popular as the other titles,” Niikawa said. “It’s an adventure game, which means cut scenes, entertaining dialogue and a very story-driven experience featuring popular Disgaea characters.”

Both titles have been announced for Japan and will soon be announced for release in the US and Europe sometime in 2010.

If the bolded turns out to be true, I'll be really happy. I have little faith in it tho.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rorona_press090915_support.jpg

Press release.

NeoZylom

There is a little error there. It's written Coming in Summer 2009... Anyway, not sure the game will sell well. Few months after FF13 and during the death season. I'll buy it if I have some spare money.

Summer 2010? I guess that's not bad considering FFXIII will be here most likely LATE spring 2010.

EDIT: they got to fix that typo for the PR :lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
fu3lfr3nzy said:
moar proof that 2010 = year of the PS3 JRPGs (released previously or otherwise :p )

Yeah.
WKC
SO4:I
FFXIII
Resonance of Fate
Atelier Rorona

all in the first half of the year, so far announced.

NeoZylom

Kagari said:
Yeah.
WKC
SO4:I
FFXIII
Resonance of Fate
Atelier Rorona

all in the first half of the year, so far announced.

Let's hope we can add Tales of Vesperia, 3D Dot Heroes RPG and Trinity Universe as time goes by.

Also, you can add Last Rebellion which is already announced for Q1 2010.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NeoZylom said:
Let's hope we can add Tales of Vesperia, 3D Dot Heroes RPG and Trinity Universe as time goes by.

Also, you can add Last Rebellion which is already announced for Q1 2010.

NISA has hinted they'll be doing Trinity Universe, so I won't be surprised when they announce it. Amazon has Last Rebellion listed for March 30. Atlus and Ignition are rumored to be bidding over 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Namco has been silent on ToV.

I would like Atlus to do 3D Dot Heroes. I enjoy their extra goodies.

EDIT:

What is Trinity: Soul of Zill O'll. I assume that game is coming to the US since they blogged about it recently.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
I would like Atlus to do 3D Dot Heroes. I enjoy their extra goodies.

EDIT:

What is Trinity: Soul of Zill O'll. I assume that game is coming to the US since they blogged about it recently.

Action RPG by the Dynasty Warriors team.

NeoZylom

Kagari said:
NISA has hinted they'll be doing Trinity Universe, so I won't be surprised when they announce it. Amazon has Last Rebellion listed for March 30. Atlus and Ignition are rumored to be bidding over 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Namco has been silent on ToV.

Trinity Universe was coming out last week in Japan right? I think it did a flop. Would NISA try to localize this if it even fails in japan? :S

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NeoZylom said:
Trinity Universe was coming out last week in Japan right? I think it did a flop. Would NISA try to localize this if it even fails in japan? :S

They brought over Cross Edge, dude...

simtmb

Kagari said:
They brought over Cross Edge, dude...

But how did Cross Edge perform though?

Who knows whether they'll localize it or not, though it's a good game. I just received my copy from P-A ;)

Haven't delved into it much, but i do hope they bring it over.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
B.K. said:
Is it a remake or a sequel of the other game?
Looks like something completely new based on the interview on the PS Blog. They say players need not have played the other ones.

matmanx1

Didnt the PS Blog confirm Trinity today?

Glad to see Atelier Rorona making it over even if we already suspected as much.

Darkpen

Banned
Kagari said:
Looks like something completely new based on the interview on the PS Blog. They say players need not have played the other ones.
Good to know, cuz I'm kinda excited for this game. Kinda.

7Th

akachan ningen said:
A lot of japanese gamers freaked out over this game because it hinted that the heroine wasn't a virgin. :lol

Stop taking everything you read at Sankaku Complex as fact, bro.

7Th said:
Stop taking everything you read at Sankaku Complex as fact, bro.

:lol

What do you care what I believe, brah? Do they just make up make up stories now? cause it sounds like you're a regular reader. I remember them linking to the original japanese message board with the replies on it.

NeoZylom

matmanx1 said:
Didnt the PS Blog confirm Trinity today?

Glad to see Atelier Rorona making it over even if we already suspected as much.

Hmm. Are you talking about Trinity Universe from NIS? Or Trinity Souls O' Zill Oll. Coz I didn't see anything about Trinity Universe on the PS Blog.

Top Bottom