• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Theory TGS Trailer

pswii60

The last gameplay video I saw for this looked dreadful. The cover mechanics were fucked up and almost non-existant.

Unfortunately this video is full of cut scenes and edits to it makes it difficult to see if the problems remain, but it hasn't convinced me.

Definitely gives a strong Gears vibe though and I like the red laser bullets lighting up the darkened room.

ZoddGutts

Looks better than the previous trailer, may turn out to be a decent game afterall.

The last gameplay video I saw for this looked dreadful. The cover mechanics were fucked up and almost non-existant.

Unfortunately this video is full of cut scenes and edits to it makes it difficult to see if the problems remain, but it hasn't convinced me.

Yeah saw that video did not like what I saw but they may have improved things and the game won't come out till next year anyways so I give them a bit a break that the previous vid was an early build...

Xater

I just love how this game continues to look like ass. :lol

One of the worst attempts at a clone ever.

Love the comments on some of the trailers on Gametrailers. "Beats the shit out of Gears of War, faster pased and SWORDS". Dozens of Sony fanboys who were usually watching Gears of War trailers with their tiny dicks in their hands are now furiously fapping to this... which will horribly fail.

My problem is the graphics...some of the concepts look quite good...even the art could be decent given the correct technical base...but the graphics are a mess... This is the last thing I would usually say but...maybe they should have licensed UE3

thuway

nelsonroyale said:
My problem is the graphics...some of the concepts look quite good...even the art could be decent given the correct technical base...but the graphics are a mess... This is the last thing I would usually say but...maybe they should have licensed UE3

Or used the Uncharted 2 engine :-/.

PSGames

Mr. Durden said:
Love the comments on some of the trailers on Gametrailers. "Beats the shit out of Gears of War, faster pased and SWORDS". Dozens of Sony fanboys who were usually watching Gears of War trailers with their tiny dicks in their hands are now furiously fapping to this... which will horribly fail.

Yeah it is quite funny.

talk about a shameless fucking rip off. the visuals are really, really awful, too.

jeez, tecmo... cancel this and give me a new deception, already.

Mr. Durden said:
Haha man.

I would love to have Gears on my PS3 but that is just to stupid.

LIVING TOWER

Devil May Cry 3 anyone ?

This looks like a melting pot of everything a bit successful in gaming these 5 last year, mixed up and delivered by Techmo... What could go wrong ?

batbeg

"Cid."

2mmtm6h.jpg

"Just Cid."

Seriously though, I'm happy to see Japanese developers taking on the innovative and seldom used scenario of space marines plodding through a drab, gray world with cover-based mechanics. I feel it's a seriously under-represented genre.

batbeg said:
"Cid."

2mmtm6h.jpg

"Just Cid."

Seriously though, I'm happy to see Japanese developers taking on the innovative and seldom used scenario of space marines plodding through a drab, gray world with cover-based mechanics. I feel it's a seriously under-represented genre.
I could only think of Gears 1, Gears 2 and Killzone 2.

Ardorx

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

This isn't UE3?

Busty

Banned
Looks exactly what it's supposed to be. A lower budget, Japanese developed, homage to Gears Of War.

But in saying that I really like the blend of sci-fi and almost Krull like fanstasy in the game's art.

Not sure if I'll pick it up but the design of the 'living tower' and some of the level art makes it compelling.

Might keep an eye on this.

I like some of the ideas that were shown(Like the girl tossing and the level changing)But the trailer was too dark. When it went to gameplay footage, I couldn't see a damn thing, only lasers, it was like a broke mans rave. So far, it looks like a 30$ game to me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Looks better than the last trailer but still pretty ugly.
Why is this exclusive? Why is this being made?

At least it's not all guys. I'll try it when it's cheap.

I have to say I really like the trailer.The graphics are quite good ,the imaginery is awesome ,the action seems vicious and fast ....

Not for everybody I guess.

A.R.K

Cat in the Hat said:
nah just kill it

I am with you... this is just embarassing ..look at the fucking A.I (or actually total lack of) lol ... the only hope is that its a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre alpha build but its been like this forever!! :lol

Sorry japanese devs should not do straight up FPS or TPS ... just noooo!!!

A.R.K said:
I am with you... this is just embarassing ..look at the fucking A.I (or actually total lack of) lol ... the only hope is that its a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre alpha build but its been like this forever!! :lol

Sorry japanese devs should not do straight up FPS or TPS ... just noooo!!!
*fist pound

JimFear

Banned
I love the gears of war vibe on the game this is probably what make me really curious about this game.
Overall from what i saw, the game look verry good.

Sid looklike a vampire and he probably has too much scar on his face.

2i795vm.jpg

Zen

Banned
We'll see how it turnes out with more polish time, but it certainly doesn't looks bad.It really does seem like the Japanese interpretation of Gears, and at this point it really doesn't merit a title like 'worst clone ever'. Seems to me like some people are being a little defensive... I doubt it will be as good as Gears but it still could end up being a good equivalent for people whom only own a PS3.

EDIT: the Co-op attacks look fun.

Demons Souls looked like cack in its first public showings and look how that turned out.

Lets give his game a chance.It probably wont be as big as Gears 2 but who expects this?Frankly who expects a middle-budget japanese game by Koei to beat the best 360 game out of the box ?

It still can be a great game ,and I am already liking its looks and action ...

Zen

Banned
Honestly? It looks to be about the same depth as what it's imitating, they injected some Berserk into the look of Marcus Fenix and slapped bone armor everywhere. I don't see why people are saying it looks like shit, I remember Demon Souls looking awful when gameplay first came out.

That AI needs work and they need to speed up the enemies, but it's a 2010 title so they still have time.

ultim8p00

Banned
Oh my god. Ripping off Gears so much it's stupidly ridiculous.

But I did watch the whole thing. Looks interesting. But damn it's so ugly. I'd like this better if it didn't try to do the gray and brown shit.

DR2K

Banned
Because Gears of War is so original. :lol

Game looks like shit. I'm sure it'll have some success in the west.

harSon

Banned
DR2K said:
Because Gears of War is so original. :lol

Game looks like shit. I'm sure it'll have some success in the west.

It may have had some characteristics that were influenced by other games but it wasn't a blatant ripoff/straight up copy of another game.

Top Bottom