(08-24-2011, 02:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Borman

Big : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...mml3borman.jpg

Megaman Legends 3 :(

I love this one so much. Good work!
corrosivefrost
(08-24-2011, 02:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Vormund

Nice. Have you done a 360 version as well by any chance?

I can do that up soon -- you have a preference on adding the logo to the front? I was toying around with the dragon + text logo vs the text logo on the bottom left in the blackness. Your call though, if you're requesting it for 360. ;)
mgviperman
(08-24-2011, 03:24 AM)
Quick LittleBigPlanet cover

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?8jd18w2x3ijdo00
Canova
Banned
(08-24-2011, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by mgviperman

Quick LittleBigPlanet cover

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?8jd18w2x3ijdo00

really nice.

Shameless begging time.... can anyone do X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions?

thanks
mgviperman
(08-24-2011, 05:32 AM)
Last one for tonight, another alr1ghtstart remake

Clean Uncharted cover

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?9229pcmimer5bie
Rengoku
(08-24-2011, 06:49 AM)
Took awhile to vector, but really liked how it turned out.

Red Dead Redemption
corrosivefrost
(08-24-2011, 06:56 AM)
Holy crap, Rengoku, that's amazing -- I've been debating RDR replacement covers for awhile, but now I have a winner!
NotTheGuyYouKill
(08-24-2011, 07:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Rengoku

Red Dead Redemption

Beautiful work
mgviperman
(08-24-2011, 07:37 AM)

Red Dead Redemption

Amazing.
Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(08-24-2011, 07:50 AM)
Sick shit man.

Ren or whoever has them

Can you re-post the links for the PS3/XBOX 360 templates for showcasing created work?
RyanardoDaVinci
(08-24-2011, 08:08 AM)
Does that case template work in Photoshop 7.0?
overcast
(08-24-2011, 11:07 AM)
Sorry if I come off as incredibly stupid, but is there a kind of paper/printer I should use? I want it to look exactly like a normal cover.
reptilescorpio
(08-24-2011, 11:55 AM)
Printed using a HP F4480 that the gf bought for $40 last year to do wedding invitations. Swiped some HP Professional Paper for Laser printers in Matt, A4, 200gsm. Used Photoshop to print out, changing the size at printing. Unfortunately it seems a bit too tall for the PAL cases, might need to crop them out in future.
Looks a thousand times better than the busy original cover. Thinking that Matt doesn't pop enough and may have to pick up some Semi Gloss paper. As it looks a little washed out.
Vormund
(08-24-2011, 12:00 PM)

Originally Posted by corrosivefrost

I can do that up soon -- you have a preference on adding the logo to the front? I was toying around with the dragon + text logo vs the text logo on the bottom left in the blackness. Your call though, if you're requesting it for 360. ;)

I was thinking the same as the PS3 boxart just replaced with the greyed out 360 logo.

But your other idea sounds good. :)
ombz
(08-24-2011, 12:02 PM)

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

http://www.abload.de/img/infamous28kcb.jpg Printed using a HP F4480 that the gf bought for $40 last year to do wedding invitations. Swiped some HP Professional Paper for Laser printers in Matt, A4, 200gsm. Used Photoshop to print out, changing the size at printing. Unfortunately it seems a bit too tall for the PAL cases, might need to crop them out in future.
Looks a thousand times better than the busy original cover. Thinking that Matt doesn't pop enough and may have to pick up some Semi Gloss paper. As it looks a little washed out.

How did you cut the photo paper?
reptilescorpio
(08-24-2011, 12:03 PM)

Originally Posted by ombz

How did you cut the photo paper?

With scissors. Horribly. :(
Wasn't too bad really, just had to get used to it. Only looks weird up close.
Planning on doing a batch and taking them to the office store next to work, they will probably let me use the guillotine.
Rengoku
(08-24-2011, 12:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Slayer-33

Sick shit man.

Ren or whoever has them

Can you re-post the links for the PS3/XBOX 360 templates for showcasing created work?

See this post: http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php...&postcount=862
Mithos
(08-24-2011, 12:29 PM)

Unfortunately it seems a bit too tall for the PAL cases, might need to crop them out in future.

Maybe your printer isn't obeying the software (I know my printer doesn't).
When I print from Photoshop to my printer (Canon MG5150) and tell it to print as 27.3cm x 14.83cm (10.75" x 5.84"), the printer actually prints it as 27.7cm x 15.1cm (10.9" x 5.92").

So I had to reprint and reprint until I got the numbers needed for my printer to actually print it as 27.3cm x 14.83cm (10.75" x 5.84").

Edit:
However will be printing so that the finished covers will be at 27.2.cm x 14.8cm (10.7"x 5.82") in the future, slightly less problem placing it in the plastic-cover of the case.
Last edited by Mithos; 08-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.
zaidr
(08-24-2011, 12:32 PM)
Hey RedSwirl, is there a reason why the 360 version of these covers are more desaturated? Most pronounced was the Farcry3 one, but after that, I noticed it on all of them. Does the green case mess with the colours, so you desaturated them or something?

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

Okay here they come. A lot of these are for the future:

Monkeylord
(08-24-2011, 12:45 PM)
I tried printing from my printer (my dad recently gave me his HP 6300) and while quality was good, colours were way off. Greys all looked green.

:(

Also, I'm thinking of making some templates for OG Xbox, Gamecube and GBA if anyone's interested.
reptilescorpio
(08-24-2011, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Mithos

Maybe your printer isn't obeying the software (I know my printer doesn't).
When I print from Photoshop to my printer (Canon MG5150) and tell it to print as 27.3cm x 14.83cm (10.75" x 5.84"), the printer actually prints it as 27.7cm x 15.1cm (10.9" x 5.92").

So I had to reprint and reprint until I got the numbers needed for my printer to actually print it as 27.3cm x 14.83cm (10.75" x 5.84").

Edit:
However will be printing so that the finished covers will be at 27.2.cm x 14.8cm (10.7"x 5.82") in the future, slightly less problem placing it in the plastic-cover of the case.

Thanks for the detail! I'll use those sizes with the next lot of prints. Looking forward to doing some Gog.com ones as well.
Mithos
(08-24-2011, 02:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Monkeylord

I tried printing from my printer (my dad recently gave me his HP 6300) and while quality was good, colours were way off. Greys all looked green.

Yeah I got the same when test-printing the Assassins Creed one with the upside-down building, greenish instead of greyish.
Might have been just because I printed onto normal paper, not photo-paper, and with standard settings not photo-settings.

Thanks for the detail! I'll use those sizes with the next lot of prints. Looking forward to doing some Gog.com ones as well.

Well, just measure your printed cover, and see how much to big it is, next time subtract that amount from width x height and print see if its fits better into the "27.2cm x 14.8cm" or "27.3cm x 14.83cm" measurements.
Last edited by Mithos; 08-24-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Monkeylord
(08-24-2011, 02:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Mithos

Yeah I got the same when test-printing the Assassins Creed one with the upside-down building, greenish instead of greyish.
Might have been just because I printed onto normal paper, not photo-paper, and with standard settings not photo-settings.

I tried on photopaper too and got the same result. It may be that I need to try HP photopaper (this was a batch of Epson paper I had left over from the last time I had a printer).

I probably just need to spend a few days, tons of paper and probably all my ink trying to calibrate by eye... or buy a colourimeter and see if I can do it properly. Expensive either way :(
Birbo
(08-24-2011, 02:53 PM)
Some great stuff in this thread. If I didn't do design & layout stuff all day for work, I might be inclined to join in the fun.

Looking at some of these covers make me want to play games I haven't touched in months.
mblitek
(08-24-2011, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Birbo

[...]

Looking at some of these covers make me want to play games I haven't touched in months.

Amen to that! Hell, I want to buy them, printer & paper so I can look at them. Then, line up all the spines in perfect OCD style and stare at their magnificence. Oh yeah.
Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(08-24-2011, 07:49 PM)
Thank you Ren Jebus.
corrosivefrost
(08-24-2011, 11:07 PM)

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?vwx0kiyq51p384c

Forgot the drop shadow on the spine logo -- but because of the scaling/layer shenanigans I had to pull to change proportions to the 360 case size, the spine wasn't as similar in orange tint to the logo, so it doesn't look bad, I think.

If for some reason, you want something tweaked, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
RedSwirl
(08-24-2011, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by zaidr

Hey RedSwirl, is there a reason why the 360 version of these covers are more desaturated? Most pronounced was the Farcry3 one, but after that, I noticed it on all of them. Does the green case mess with the colours, so you desaturated them or something?

If it's anything it's the cover format itself. I did nothing to the images between versions.
Canova
Banned
(08-24-2011, 11:21 PM)

Red Dead Redemption

wow amazing!!

anyone wanna do X-Men Origin: Wolverine or Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions?
Last edited by Canova; 08-25-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Canova
Banned
(08-25-2011, 01:48 AM)
I printed some more covers.

Vormund
(08-25-2011, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by corrosivefrost

If for some reason, you want something tweaked, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Nah thats fantastic. Thanks. :D
Rengoku
(08-25-2011, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Canova

I printed some more covers.

Wow, that was quick! Kinkos must really love you, lol.
Canova
Banned
(08-25-2011, 03:13 AM)

Wow, that was quick! Kinkos must really love you, lol.

yeah I printed over 35 so far, if you guys keep making them, I'll keep printing them
Rengoku
(08-25-2011, 05:55 AM)
Mass Effect 2

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Last edited by Rengoku; 08-25-2011 at 06:22 AM.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(08-25-2011, 06:26 AM)
OH WOW

That Drake's Deception cover is phenomenal... and perfectly fits together with the two previous UC covers that were released before.
Omega Rex
(08-25-2011, 06:30 AM)
What kind of paper do you guys use to print these?
brandonh83
(08-25-2011, 06:31 AM)

Originally Posted by The PR Assassin

What kind of paper do you guys use to print these?

I tell them to use glossy text paper.

Holy fuck @ dat charted

edit: RedSwirl you should find a way to blend the split colors on the Ico/Colossus cover-- otherwise its getting printed.
Omega Rex
(08-25-2011, 06:42 AM)

Originally Posted by brandonh83

Holy fuck @ dat charted

edit: RedSwirl you should find a way to blend the split colors on the Ico/Colossus cover-- otherwise its getting printed.

I feel like such a noob. :(

So..do you just go to Staples or any other store with this images on a USB drive?
brandonh83
(08-25-2011, 06:46 AM)

So..do you just go to Staples or any other store with this images on a USB drive?

I go to Office Depot.
AkIRA_22
(08-25-2011, 07:49 AM)

[IMG]http://i51.************/fbdhk9.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful
Canova
Banned
(08-25-2011, 12:06 PM)

I feel like such a noob. :(

yeah, go to Office Depot or kinkos o Grand & Toy, etc with a USB drive and bring a sample of PS3 cover. It's cheap, i printed over 35 for no more than 27 bukcs

those Uncharted 3 and ICO covers are beautiful, consider them on my next print batch
Monkeylord
(08-25-2011, 12:11 PM)
I might have to give up on this. It's gonna cost me a fortune!

If I do one I'd have to do them all... DS, GBA, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, Xbox and Xbox360. That's several hundred.

Pooh!
overcast
(08-25-2011, 01:03 PM)
Holy shit that Ico one...
tha_devil
(08-25-2011, 01:14 PM)
Awsome job guys. Wish those companies would have contests so the winning design could be used as reversible cover.
PerZona
(08-25-2011, 02:14 PM)
I LOVE the FFXIII-2 cover, it's the same wallpaper that i am using for my desktop.

And the UC3, MGS HD collection and the FFXIII ones are really nice, gonna print them out this weekend :D
.GqueB.
Banned
(08-25-2011, 02:20 PM)

[IMG]http://i51.************/fbdhk9.jpg[/IMG]

What type face did you use for this? I needs em.
TheLegendOfMart
(08-25-2011, 02:24 PM)
The font is Codepro.
Birbo
(08-25-2011, 03:14 PM)

Red Dead Redemption

Any chance of doing a 360 version? It's beautiful.
RedSwirl
(08-25-2011, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by brandonh83

Holy fuck @ dat charted

I'd rather not mess with the front. I actually didn't do that art. It's a piece of fan art I found somewhere (probably DA). That's why I left that signature in the corner to keep credit to whoever did it.

Originally Posted by .GqueB.

What type face did you use for this? I needs em.

No idea. If I ever find contact info for the guy who did that art I'll tell you guys.