• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Flek
Banned
(11-16-2009, 12:47 PM)
I dont know if this has been posted (didnt find anything) but i just got a PR message from konami germany saying:

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH gibt die Veröffentlichung von vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern über Sonys PlayStation(R)Network bekannt. Anlass für diese Neuigkeit ist auch der näher rückende Release von Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker für PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable).

Den Anfang macht ein Klassiker der Videospielgeschichte und der einflussreichste Titel jüngerer Zeit: Die original PSone Version von Metal Gear Solid erscheint am 19. November für 9,99 Euro als Download. Metal Gear Solid markiert den ersten Schritt der Serie in eine komplett in 3D gestaltete Spielumgebung und begründete den Ruhm von Hideo Kojima als Entwickler von Weltformat.

Metal Gear Solid 1 will be released on PSN @ November 19th for 9,99 Euros :D

http://www.onpsx.net/news.php?id=27546
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(11-16-2009, 12:49 PM)
Yes!

About time too.
Juno
LIAR and a FELON
(11-16-2009, 12:51 PM)
Nice! Now where's my Bomberman! :D
untoldhero
(11-16-2009, 12:52 PM)
This better include Australia :D
BaZZaa
(11-16-2009, 12:54 PM)
Oh yeah!! me like!!
hoped it would be 4,99 but whatever!
mr_mcgregors
(11-16-2009, 12:56 PM)
Nice. This is the only Metal Gear I haven't played (except the nes originals) - been waiting for it!
Blablurn
metal gear?!
spats
I thought we'd never get it. All over my face.
GrayFoxPL
(11-16-2009, 12:57 PM)
Misleading thread title.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(11-16-2009, 12:58 PM)
Metal Gear 1? Or Metal Gear Solid? I'm confused!
-Winnie-
(11-16-2009, 12:58 PM)
Oh, fucking YES!

What's that about Peace Walker, though? is the English demo coming out in the same week? :O
SuperÑ
Banned
(11-16-2009, 12:59 PM)
I hope spanish version keeps its awesome voiceover.
Witchfinder General
punched Wheelchair Mike
(11-16-2009, 12:59 PM)
I've never played it.

Does anyone know if it's meant to be good?
Darklord
(11-16-2009, 01:00 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

Metal Gear Solid.
D.Lo
(11-16-2009, 01:00 PM)
That's Metal Gear 3 pal.
BaZZaa
(11-16-2009, 01:01 PM)

Die original PSone Version von Metal Gear Solid--

The original PSone Version of Metal Gear Solid.
A Human Becoming
(11-16-2009, 01:03 PM)
TC fails big time.
Ogs
(11-16-2009, 01:05 PM)
Bout fucking time, now wheres Resident Evil........
DMeisterJ
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:05 PM)
Incorrect thread title FTL.

I was about to rip Grace Chen a new one for letting SCEE get MG1 first, and FFObsessed would have prayed to his Kebby god, but now That doesn't have to happen.
Last edited by DMeisterJ; 11-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.
duckroll
(11-16-2009, 01:08 PM)
Why is this not Metal Gear 1? I was promised Metal Gear 1 by the thread title.

Wtfisthisshit.jpg
manzo
(11-16-2009, 01:11 PM)

Why is this not Metal Gear 1? I was promised Metal Gear 1 by the thread title.

Wtfisthisshit.jpg

Me too!

Kinda same as someone says "Final Fantasy 1 is coming to PSN" when the version would be Final Fantasy VII.
Jal
(11-16-2009, 01:15 PM)
nvm
GothPunk
(11-16-2009, 01:16 PM)
Why does it say 4 MGS classics ('vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern') coming to PSN? Are we getting MGS:PO and maybe Acid! 1+2 and MGSPO+ on the PSN in the following weeks?
WhatRobEats
(11-16-2009, 01:18 PM)
Is it retreated God of War style?

I can't read whatever language that was posted in.
Cryptozoologist
(11-16-2009, 01:20 PM)

Originally Posted by GothPunk

Why does it say 4 MGS classics ('vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern') coming to PSN? Are we getting MGS:PO and maybe Acid! 1+2 and MGSPO+ on the PSN in the following weeks?

That'd be nice.
Blablurn
(11-16-2009, 01:31 PM)

Originally Posted by RbBrdMan

Is it retreated God of War style?

I can't read whatever language that was posted in.

heh? it's just the ps1 classic version which konami already released in japan and usa.
Philanthropist
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:31 PM)

Portable Ops and the Ac!d games were confirmed a few weeks ago. The question is which stores will be getting them, and when.
duckroll
(11-16-2009, 01:32 PM)

I don't know, why don't you help translate the entire thing? Some of us don't understand German!
S. L.
(11-16-2009, 01:35 PM)

it doesn't say, just that MGS will be the first one to come
Flek
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:37 PM)
i just mailed konami asking what the other 3 mgs games for psn are … i will post here one i got a answer
kadab
(11-16-2009, 01:39 PM)
yess!!! time to whip out the creditcard again
Aru
(11-16-2009, 01:41 PM)
Yes ! We will have the awful french VA version I guess :lol

Already finished the US PSN version...

The game feels very old when you have played the sequels.
Dr Bad Dude PHD
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:42 PM)
Is there any sort of reasonable answer why we have to get games like this so many months after the US, and why we still haven't got Suikoden and Castlevania?
Flek
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:42 PM)
ok konami confirmed the other 3 are

- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops +
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel.
Mistouze
user-friendly man-cashews
(11-16-2009, 01:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Aru

Yes ! We will have the awful french VA version I guess :lol.

"Cochon qui s'en dédit..." :lol
Shin Kojima
(11-16-2009, 01:43 PM)
But will it be 60Hz like the USA version? If not I'll just get it from the USA store like my other PS1 downloads. 50Hz grieved me in the past; I don't need it again.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:45 PM)
I've only ever played Twin Snakes, so I'll probably pick this up.
Truant
(11-16-2009, 01:47 PM)
The best MGS. I'm excited!
Dr Bad Dude PHD
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

I've only ever played Twin Snakes, so I'll probably pick this up.

Prepare yourself for a far superior game.
Pylon_Trooper
(11-16-2009, 01:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Flek

Aw...sort of wished it was the AC!D titles, both gems in my book. But, they'll come.
onken
(11-16-2009, 01:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Flek

Presumably these are just for PSP and not playable on PS3?
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(11-16-2009, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG!

Prepare yourself for a far superior game.

Eh, I dunno. MGS is always about the cinematic feeling - the ugly graphics and worse animated cutscenes have always put me off buying it. I know purists will always say that Twin Snakes was too "Matrixy," which I agree with to an extent, but since MGS2 was the first game in the series I played, the original seemed too primitive for my liking.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, though. :)
Roxas
(11-16-2009, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by manzo

Me too!

Kinda same as someone says "Final Fantasy 1 is coming to PSN" when the version would be Final Fantasy VII.

Yes! Its exactly the same!
BaZZaa
(11-16-2009, 01:55 PM)

I don't know, why don't you help translate the entire thing? Some of us don't understand German!

It's just saying that Konami Digital Entertainment announched 4 Metal gear solid classics for PSN. The reason for this is the upcoming release of Metal gear solid: Peace Walker.

The first classic to be released on PSN is the original PSone version of Metal gear solid on 19 november for 9,99 euro as download. Metal gear solid marks the first complete 3d installment of the serie and was the game that made the Hideo Kojima a world famous developer.
GothPunk
(11-16-2009, 02:00 PM)

Neither do I, at least not very well, I just used Google Translate. BaZZaa's translation is much clearer though. (Thanks Flek and BaZZaa).
duckroll
(11-16-2009, 02:03 PM)
So what are the odds that they'll release the 4 titles once every Thursday, and after all 4 releases are done, they release the English Peace Walker demo the week after that? :o
GothPunk
(11-16-2009, 02:06 PM)

So what are the odds that they'll release the 4 titles once every Thursday, and after all 4 releases are done, they release the English Peace Walker demo the week after that? :o

Seems highly likely to me. I shall look forward to it. Just in time for the EU/US release of Adhoc Party and the holidays.
El-Suave
(11-16-2009, 02:12 PM)
I'm happy it's coming, but I'm afraid this might be bad news for Critter Crunch which is coming out on the same day.
xyla
(11-16-2009, 02:13 PM)

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH gibt die Veröffentlichung von vier Metal Gear Solid Klassikern über Sonys PlayStation(R)Network bekannt. Anlass für diese Neuigkeit ist auch der näher rückende Release von Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker für PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable).

Den Anfang macht ein Klassiker der Videospielgeschichte und der einflussreichste Titel jüngerer Zeit: Die original PSone Version von Metal Gear Solid erscheint am 19. November für 9,99 Euro als Download. Metal Gear Solid markiert den ersten Schritt der Serie in eine komplett in 3D gestaltete Spielumgebung und begründete den Ruhm von Hideo Kojima als Entwickler von Weltformat.

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH announces the release of four MGS classics on Sonys PSN. Cause for this news is the future release of MGS: Peace Walker for PSP.

The first release will be a classic in Videogame history and the most influential title in recent time: The original PS1 version of MGS releases on november 19th for 9,99 EUR in downloadeble form. MGS marks the first step of the series into a complete 3D environment and established Hideo Kojimas fame as a world class developer.

Edit: hm, late
SecretBonusPoint
Banned
(11-16-2009, 02:18 PM)
Digital Graphic Novel 2 is due out in November as well, don't know if its PSP or DVD like the japanese release though.