• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Volcynika said:
If Uncharted 2 can have an official thread too early, then goddamn, Bayonetta should too.

The mods started enforcing the rule around the time of the Borderlands thread. Uncharted 2 thread was posted a couple weeks before then.

Monocle

Curufinwe said:
Leaving the lack of content in the 1st post aside, the dots in the thread title really make it stand out.
You know, I just checked out the thread list and you're right. The title really pops.

epmode

Draft said:
Rez,

Seriously, don't let any of these idiots dissuade you from your course of action.

You are right, they are wrong.

That OP is finished, and doing even one little thing to it would be a travesty.

You want reviews, go to Metacritic. You want screenshots, GIS.

Morons.
Truth. The usual Official Threads look like some advertising agency puked on the forum.

goldenpp72

I have to agree, if he OP doesn't like big busy threads that's totally cool, but why reserve making an OP for a game if you're gonna spend 10 seconds doing it?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Monocle said:
You know, I just checked out the thread list and you're right. The title really pops.

Let's not start a new fad with OTs now! =P

Ethereal

Having played and killed my way thru the first boss in the game I can safely say that this game is a blast to play. The combat system is excellently designed, offering the player a degree of choices as to how they want to approach an given encounter. Speed counts towards your rank but a big emphasis is placed on taking as little damage as possible. I went almost 3 "Verses" (the game's term for encounters) untouched and was tinged with anger at myself once I did finally get hit. The story is completely bananas but still fun to watch. Kamiya has proven that he can come up with some truly inspired level design even in the opening levels of this game. The very start of the game is proof enough of that fact. God Bless Best Buy for breaking street date by 2 weeks.

george_us

Double-dippage complete. Props to ultron87.:D

IMG_0009.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm pumped. January 5th is so soon too. I'm glad my hype for this just started the other day, I don't have to wait long at all lol.

Ethereal

You can actually thank me George since I'm his brother and told him that it was there. I would have my receipt and pic up as well if my blackberry wasn't being a pain in the ass trying to send the picture to twitpic

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
george_us said:
Double-dippage complete. Props to ultron87.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/thecoolman/IMG_0009.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
lucky bastard!

[QUOTE=goldenpp72]I have to agree, if he OP doesn't like big busy threads that's totally cool, but why reserve making an OP for a game if you're gonna spend 10 seconds doing it?[/QUOTE]
this discussion on the discussion thread in the discussion thread discussion isn't something I want to continue to fan flames of, but I have to clarify this: typing out some extra text, or uploading another banner or two wouldn't have taken all that much more effort. So no, it wasn't half-assed. It was a conscious decision.

If anyone has any problems with it, I'd ask that they stop shitting up this thread and either make another thread relating directly to the issue (lol) of what an official thread should be, or PM me directly. I'd advise against both, because they both bore the shit out of me, but hey, I've seen people bitch about less.

Dahbomb

Man what is up with people getting worked up over the OP. :lol

Some people like to put info in their OP because they want to, others don't want to. It really doesn't matter because just about every conceivable piece of information that he can put on the OP you can easily find through the Internet (story synopsis, control schemes, videos, previews, reviews, screenshots, gifs, impressions etc.).

The OP can have one sentence for all that is relevant or it could be a monstrous post that attempts to have all relevant information in one place so people would not have to work for themselves, they will have their work done for them. Both styles are acceptable.

And one more thing... WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH PEOPLE PLAYING THIS GAME EARLY???!!!! Stupid Sega and not being able to keep the street date, I mean an entire month is just LAUGHABLE! :(

george_us

goldenpp72 said:
I have to agree, if he OP doesn't like big busy threads that's totally cool, but why reserve making an OP for a game if you're gonna spend 10 seconds doing it?
Because 10 seconds of typing was all that was needed. If the name "Hideki Kamiya" doesn't get you excited then seven paragraphs of text and pictures wouldn't mean shit.

Ethereal

I stumbled upon it just walking down the Xbox aisle at my Best Buy that I frequent. I saw the box and assumed initially that it had to just be the reserve tag thing but then I saw a 60 dollar price tag next to it and thought to myself, awesome.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Great thread Rez!

Hyped since the game was announced because I believe in Kamiya, preordered the game yesterday, I hope amazon uk will get the games earlier as some shops are getting them TODAY in europe.

RavenFox

Banned
Rez said:
No one checks the OP past the first week or two. Everyone posting here either knows what the game is, or can find out using Wiki or IGN. Info-filled GAF threads are totally redundant.
Your thread still sucks. Game is going to own though.

Dahbomb said:
And one more thing... WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH PEOPLE PLAYING THIS GAME EARLY???!!!! Stupid Sega and not being able to keep the street date, I mean an entire month is just LAUGHABLE! :(

why is it laughable? it's cool to get games earlier than expected. people like me bought the japanese version even earlier than that.

goldenpp72

sca2511 said:
that's what I'm hoping for...

I think even sega knows a game like this wouldn't even be pirated to more than 10 people on the pc, so I doubt it will ever happen, how did DMC4 do?

okay did this game get a 9.5 because of the gameplay or the recognised dev/designer from DMC because when I played the demo I got the impression ..
OVERHYPED

goldenpp72

Unregistered007 said:
okay did this game get a 9.5 because of the gameplay or the recognised dev/designer from DMC because when I played the demo I got the impression ..
OVERHYPED

When I played the demo I got the impression it could have been a 10.

Aske

george_us said:
Because 10 seconds of typing was all that was needed. If the name "Hideki Kamiya" doesn't get you excited then seven paragraphs of text and pictures wouldn't mean shit.

The OP of an official thread can still be an great source of info for people who know nothing about a given game simply because they haven't bothered to click any of the pre-release hype threads. Not everyone has an ear to the ground regarding every big game release, and with a niche title like Bayonetta, everything we can do to encourage sales helps. The OP doesn't have to include pictures of the box art for every region, but a bit of info and a few choice screenshots might actually sell a few extra copies of the game.

I like the OP in theory, but on balance, I wish it had more zazz. If not for fans like me, then for potential fans who might finally click a Bayonetta thread and leave an instant later still not knowing what a Bayonetta is or why they should care.

joesmokey

andymcc said:
if i didn't have to work tomorrow, i'd make the hour and a half drive to that columbus best buy. :lol

goddamnit.
Wouldn't be in Dayton by any chance would you?

Demo really sold me on this game. Even though I'm getting a handful of new games for Christmas, this is one of the few day 1 games I'll be buying at normal price.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Aske said:
The OP of an official thread can still be an great source of info for people who know nothing about a given game simply because they haven't bothered to click any of the pre-release hype threads. Not everyone has an ear to the ground regarding every big game release, and with a niche title like Bayonetta, everything we can do to encourage sales helps. The OP doesn't have to include pictures of the box art for every region, but a bit of info and a few choice screenshots might actually sell a few extra copies of the game.

I like the OP in theory, but on balance, I wish it had more zazz. If not for fans like me, then for potential fans who might finally click a Bayonetta thread and leave an instant later still not knowing what a Bayonetta is or why they should care.

Game was hyped on gaf for a lot of time. Giant ass OP are fine I guess but I don't want to have the freaking manual of the game as an introduction to an official thread. Rez's OP has everything required by GAF's FAQ for such a thread, if anyone feels there's not enough information they can put toghether a post with what's missing and PM Rez so he can link it in his OP.

Now this thread is about the second coming of the Christ.

20rny2a.jpg

remz

Unregistered007 said:
OVERHYPED
Reading this post I got the impression you have shitty taste in games.

Few of the gaming press knows who Kamiya is and there was little-to-no pre-release hype (sega has awful marketing). The score is due to quality alone and any 10/10 reviews are definitive.

edit: the op owns by the way

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DeVeAn said:
Anyone have the PS3 version? Is it really that bad? I mean really?
I'd play the demo. I found the PS3 demo perfectly playable, but some people really take issue with that sort of thing.

a1m

Banned
daebo said:
2mqnoyt.jpg

Nothing is stopping you playing the game on the PS3. It still runs fine.
I guess you're called juniors for a reason. Did you even bother to read IGN's comments?

imtehman

Banned
Rez said:
I'd play the demo. I found the PS3 demo perfectly playable, but some people really take issue with that sort of thing.

love the official thread.

truth be told, I also found the ps3 demo perfectly playable as well.

Top Bottom