• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer - February 2010

kenta

Has no PEINS
Oh cool they gave Uncharted 2 their Game of the Year

Guess I'll relay their other annual awards while I'm looking at it:

Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter IV
Best Strategy Game: Empire: Total War
Best Handheld Game: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Best Downloadable Game: Battlefield 1943
Best Puzzle Game: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Best Racing Game: DiRT 2
Best Sports Game: NHL 10
Game of the Year: Uncharted 2
Best Action Game: Uncharted 2
Best PS3 Game: Uncharted 2
Best Music/Rhythm Game: DJ Hero
Best Role-Playing Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Best PC Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Best Shooter Game [sic]: Modern Warfare 2
Best Competitive Multiplayer Game: Modern Warfare 2
Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Best 360 Game: Assassin's Creed 2

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
kenta said:
They don't mention anything about online play in the review

Huh... I would figure that would greatly impact the score (for better or worse.)

DMczaf

kenta said:
- There won't be a new Half-Life game in 2010. The next game might not even be Episode 3 but rather straight-up Half-Life 3, and if that's the case it's anybody's guess as to when it will be released

:|

jakncoke

Banned
elrechazao said:
AOT is one of the worst games this generation and all reports and the demo show that essentially nothing changed, so 6.5 sounds really high to me.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. AOT is by no means the class of the genre but it provides fun. It is by no means near the worst games of this gen.

kenta said:
- There won't be a new Half-Life game in 2010. The next game might not even be Episode 3 but rather straight-up Half-Life 3, and if that's the case it's anybody's guess as to when it will be released
I want to die.

kenta said:

Valve are the new 3D Realms. Congrats to the team.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EmCeeGramr said:
even ironically comparing prey to left 4 dead (without even talking about quality) is like, a face-punchable offense

I know, Prey wasn't so crappy they had to rush a sequel out the door less than a year later.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Andrex said:
I know, Prey wasn't so crappy they had to rush a sequel out the door less than a year later.
can I hit this guy, boss?

Gravijah

Andrex said:

I wasn't even talking about quality (as I like Prey) but L4D shows that A) Valve is making games still and B) Valve is making MASSIVE PROFIT off of them.

kenta said:
Review scores:

Rogue Warrior - 1.5

And yet everyone seems determined to buy their next game, Aliens vs Predator, no matter what. But yeah, that is of course based on a popular IP, so its gotta be good doesn´t it? That is how things works, right? :D

I wouldn`t mind Half Life 3, I think that would be pretty rad. I just wish Valve would of communicated that within a year or two of Episode 2`s release, but whatever.

Nemesis_

CecilRousso said:
And yet everyone seems determined to buy their next game, Aliens vs Predator, no matter what. But yeah, that is of course based on a popular IP, so its gotta be good doesn´t it? That is how things works, right? :D

You scare me with this comment as I come to the same realisation. >_>

Acosta

CecilRousso said:

No, Rebellion has made two awesome Alien Vs Predator in its history (and a crappy one for PSP but it was a film tie-in) so they has credit for it, not only because it´s AVP. They are the ones that got the right idea for those games.

It´s a bit puzzling because they have a weird ability to release absolute crapstastic games (Shellshock 2, the last Judge Dredd and Space Rogue). But I can bet on them to produce a great AVP game.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I AM JOHN! said:
I want to die.
2j283k2.jpg

I too am very angered by this.

shuyin_

Banned
kenta said:
WTF :( No ep3 this year? OP, next time there's a news like this, don't tell us. We don't wanna know

Also a big WTF @people saying Prey was crappy. I loved it back in the day. It's one of the most underrated shooters ever.

1-D_FTW

CecilRousso said:
Valve are the new 3D Realms. Congrats to the team.

Ah, no. Business as usual. Go look at the time line for Half-Life. Then again for Half-Life 2. There's nothing unusual about this at all. Valve can take 5 years to ensure greatness because they're independent and they know it'll work out in the end.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
twinturbo2 said:
The Rouge Warrior score has to be an all-time low for Game Informer. Did they give out a 1.0?

GameInformer scores below 2.0:
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Make My Video (SCD) - 0/10
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (PS) - 0.5/10
Shrek: Fairy Tale Freakdown (GBC) - 0.5/10
Ultra Vortek (JAG) - 0.5/10
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage (N64) - 0.5/10
Kabuki Warriors (XBOX) - 0.5/10
Batman: Dark Tomorrow (GC) - 0.75/10
Legends of Wrestling II (GBA) - 0.75/10
The Mummy (PS) - 0.75/10
Rap Jam: Volume One (SNES) - 1/10
Wayne's World (GEN) - 1/10
V.I.P. (PS) - 1/10
Kasumi Ninja (JAG) - 1/10
Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon (XBOX) - 1/10
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (GBA) - 1/10
Test Drive V-Rally (DC) - 1/10
Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado (PS) - 1/10
Ready 2 Rumble Revolution (WII) - 1/10
The Simpsons Skateboarding (PS2) - 1/10
NHL FaceOff 2001 (PS2) - 1/10
Army Men: Green Rogue (PS2) - 1/10
LOL (DS) - 1/10
NCAA Final Four 2003 (PS2) - 1.25/10
Drake of the 99 Dragons (XBOX) - 1.25/10
NBA Jam 2002 (GBA) - 1.25/10
Superman (N64) - 1.25/10
The Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-Traction (PS) - 1.5/10
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GBA) - 1.5/10
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal (PS2) - 1.75/10
Jumper: Griffin's Story (WII) - 1.75/10
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal (WII) - 1.75/10
Jumper: Griffin's Story (X360) - 1.75/10
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal (X360) - 1.75/10

kenta said:

Yeah, right... What the hell kind of sense would it make for Half Life 3 to come out before Episode 3? NO DAMNED SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Episode 3 will be out this year, I feel confident.

Top Bottom