• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung Wei Lo

A friend when growing up had a similar name, and we came up with it after a day of random stupidity...been using this handle forever (like back in the day when BBS' were cool) I'm also convinced we came up with Bob Loblaw before AD, and the 'Muffin top' thing from Seinfeld..thanks, weed

.. I'd probably be under something else, but I forgot I applied with this name and it just happened to get approved first :p

Kite

In college my roommate and I started a casual Day of Defeat clan and apparently gaming under my first name wasn't cool enough. Not wanting to be like most people and name myself after some fictional character or something lame like $ilentKilla and being rather unimaginative.. We named ourselves after the first thing I saw outside my window. He became Yardsale and I became Kite (flown by a lil black girl)

neoism

288yq05.jpg

I was 15 and thought I was cool. :/ used it ever sense..

Loxley

Despite my avatar, this is actually the name of my old City of Heroes character :)

*Edit: Actually, this thread convinced me it was time to change my avatar again, done :D

Pappasman

My last name is Pappas, so while thinking of a 360 gamertag i went for a superhero vibe while incorporating something from my name. Thus, Pappasman was born. I wanted something unique to me, not like xXHeAdShOtXx or some other bullshit.

desa

My stage name I chose when I was like 12 and started spittin rhymes. Derived from decimate. After that it just sort of stuck with me as a nickname that I use and get called by.

ili0926

My first initial + my last name + my birthday. Kinda boring, I've been wanting to change it ever since I was approved. Is that possible or no?

Is there any way to check when a hotmail account was created? Because I think that was the first time I used this tag as my email address.

Although it might've been on GameFaqs back in the days before I knew Gaf existed.

Troll

Banned
I picked Troll, but since then I kind of regret it. I get a lot of flack for it and everyone thinks im trolling. For obvious reasons.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Late highschool/early college nerd speak at the time. We actually said internet shit in real conversations in engineering school. Nearly 10 years ago.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I picked Troll, but since then I kind of regret it. I get a lot of flack for it and everyone thinks im trolling. For obvious reasons.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

just ask a mod for a name change if it's such a burden?

Last names lashbrooke, first kid in the year to grow facial i.e a moustache-tash

Tashbrooke.

I picked Wolf Dawgz for my GAF username because it's also my xbl gamertag. My original name on xbox live was dawg911 and I decided to change it into Wolf Dawgz because I joined a Wolf clan on CoD.

I'm a megalomaniac hence I like to add tittles to my name.

It was god audie but for some odd reason it was taken on xbl.

Hence i had to downgrade (not pleased) with lord.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I drink a shit load of wine and I'm a WSU Cougar. That's about it.

Man

Me, you, everybody. Our species.
Probably in the runners up for the most elementary username on gaf.

Tawpgun

oh my fuck here we go.

First venture into online gaming was Delta Force for PC. I was super young at the time, thought I could use a cool military name for the game. So I was NavySeal but spelled more like |\|@VYS34L or something stupid because thats what all the cool kids did.

Anyway, a year or more after I got into Runescape. I stuck with NavySeal and registered and went on World 1 because it was the most full. Then I wanted my friend to register and play with me, so I helped him do it, but World 1 was full. In my young stupidity, I thought that once I registered on World 1 I was stuck there. So I made another account and chose another military username, Topgun.

The A27 comes from the Halo Trial/Custom Edition clan I joined back in 2005. They were my first online "family" Tight knit group of people. Some people left or dropped from the map, but a lot of the originals are still there as well as some people that joined us along the years.

My gamertag on XBL is now Tawpgun because I like happy clean, nice gamertags.

Character name from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Thought the concept of the character was the coolest thing ever when I was in high school. Started using it for everything after that

Back in my lurking days I saw a lot of really serious, heated arguments that began over relatively casual discussion topics. There was also a lot of name-calling and condescension from a lot of users. I chose this username to (ironically) communicate that even if I'm in a huge debate over something, I never take it too seriously. We're a bunch of people talking on a video game message board. It's not worth getting stressed about and it's certainly not worth insulting someone else.

Also because it fits my avatar so well.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
My nickname has been Starsky for almost 10 years now. I just slightly altered it for usernames.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I like Morning Musume but I don't like mornings and I'm a guy so I came up with Evening Musuko (Note: Evening Musuko is Evening Son in Japanese). Strangely enough, when I started using this name in various J-Pop forums some 6 years ago, it wasn't taken despite the group being around for some 8 years then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom