• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE
(02-12-2010, 06:26 PM)
neo2046's Avatar
I found these amazing stuff at 2ch
Does anyone know where the original source is?

* tell me to delete the pics if these stuff will be influenced to any kinds of trouble







AceBandage
Banned
(02-12-2010, 06:28 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar
Uh oh, looks like someone finally rummaged through Miyamoto's desk

EDIT:



Holy crap! They should have used that middle box art!
EmCeeGramr
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:29 PM)
EmCeeGramr's Avatar
[IMG]http://i48.************/2ykm2b9.jpg[/IMG]

why did we not get an awesome drawn boxart like that :(
Sadist
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:29 PM)
Sadist's Avatar
Wow.
tenritsu
Banned
(02-12-2010, 06:30 PM)
Oh wow, I actually know who took those pics :lol
EmCeeGramr
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:31 PM)
EmCeeGramr's Avatar
[IMG]http://i46.************/2zxpb3a.jpg[/IMG]

booooat traaaaaaaaaaain
Milhouse31
Bad Art
(02-12-2010, 06:31 PM)
Milhouse31's Avatar
Cool beans
Saya
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:32 PM)
[IMG]http://i50.************/ku4vr.jpg[/IMG]

:lol
SecretBonusPoint
Banned
(02-12-2010, 06:32 PM)
shit, that alternate NSMB Wii boxart looked awesome :/
Lijik
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:35 PM)
Lijik's Avatar
Is the boat train in Spirit Tracks?
Some one please tell me the Boat Train is in Spirit Tracks.
Fireblend
Banned
(02-12-2010, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

booooat traaaaaaaaaaain

I love the boat with wheels too :lol
ShinoguTakeruKoeru
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:36 PM)
What's with these pictures? Did the guy crawl through the vents Metal-Gear-style or something with a crappy cell phone camera?
ElFly
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:38 PM)
ElFly's Avatar
The hand drawn cover is cool, but it doesn't convey "this is a platforming game, guys!" like the actual one. It looks more like a Smash Bros cover.

On the other hand, I'd rather have hand drawn art than the ultra generic cgi graphics they used.
selig
Banned
(02-12-2010, 06:38 PM)
haha. that boat with wheels looks a lot like the one in peter pan:

[IMG]http://i1.************/xehdty.jpg[/IMG]
Shig
Strap on your hooker ...
(02-12-2010, 06:38 PM)
Shig's Avatar

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

why did we not get an awesome drawn boxart like that :(

Nintendo's gone to great lengths to eliminate any feeling of handcraftedness from Mario's design in everything but the Mario RPGs. Wouldn't want to mess up all that hard work now.
WillyFive
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:40 PM)
WillyFive's Avatar
So are these real or just fan art?
atomsk
Party Pooper
(02-12-2010, 06:43 PM)
atomsk's Avatar
looks like they're taking pictures of some kind of book

so the question is, what book
SirSwirl
Junior Member
(02-12-2010, 06:44 PM)
SirSwirl's Avatar
Wow that NSMBW box with the Koopalings. :o

And the Zelda drawings are very cool, tingle train ftw!:lol
Josh7289
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:44 PM)
Josh7289's Avatar

Originally Posted by atomsk

looks like they're taking pictures of some kind of book

so the question is, what book

Looks more like (poor quality) scans of a book, but yeah, still a book.
dragonballjoseph
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:48 PM)
dragonballjoseph's Avatar

Originally Posted by selig

haha. that boat with wheels looks a lot like the one in peter pan:

[IMG]http://i1.************/xehdty.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, and Link's tunic is like Peter Pan's...
I think you're on to something.
TreIII
Member
(02-12-2010, 06:52 PM)
That Hand-drawn art looks SO GREAT. Kinda reminds of the Mario Strikers box-art style (which I love so much). :D
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(02-12-2010, 06:53 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
Hey, it's Peter Pan anime that I watched before :D

And man, that alt cover looks better :(
BurritoBushido
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:01 PM)
BurritoBushido's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saya

[IMG]http://i50.************/ku4vr.jpg[/IMG]

:lol

Tingle Tank is Go!
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(02-12-2010, 07:08 PM)
Princess Skittles's Avatar
jawdrop.gif at the alt NSMBW box.
Oxx
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:13 PM)
Oxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saya

[IMG]http://i50.************/ku4vr.jpg[/IMG]

:lol

Those spreader bars really complete Tingle's fetish-gimp look.
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(02-12-2010, 07:15 PM)
dallow_bg's Avatar
Awesome pictures.
cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(02-12-2010, 07:16 PM)
cvxfreak's Avatar
I see a Magic Mouse. <3
Doorman
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:18 PM)
Doorman's Avatar
The drawn NSMBWii boxart has sort of a fighting game quality about it...reminds me of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom actually. It does look cool, but I can see why they didn't go with it for a lighthearted platformer.

[IMG]http://i50.************/103wdp0.jpg[/IMG]
Oh my god these airships are bad-ass as all hell. Please appear in Mario Galaxy 2, please please please.
Zilch
Banned
(02-12-2010, 07:19 PM)
Zilch's Avatar
Cool, free image host with porn popups.
mehdi_san
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:23 PM)
mehdi_san's Avatar
I think it is from the small book for the recruitment of new employees at Nintendo for this year. Every company here in Japan makes these kinds of pamphlets to attract universities students to apply for a job at their company. I actually have the one for last year (got it at my school), but I was disappointed they didn't send us the one for this year :( Gotta find a way to get it !!!
The one I had was printed on very nice paper and had many pictures of how Nintendo offices look like, some prototype, artworks, etc...
Few examples (sorry for the crappy quality, iPhone shots)
[IMG]http://i48.************/14e9fcx.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i50.************/24nmcsi.jpg[/IMG]
upandaway
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:28 PM)
upandaway's Avatar

Originally Posted by mehdi_san

I think it is from the small book for the recruitment of new employees at Nintendo for this year. Every company here in Japan makes these kinds of pamphlets to attract universities students to apply for a job at their company. I actually have the one for last year (got it at my school), but I was disappointed they didn't send us the one for this year :( Gotta find a way to get it !!!
The one I had was printed on very nice paper and had many pictures of how Nintendo offices look like, some prototype, artworks, etc...
Few examples (sorry for the crappy quality, iPhone shots)

That's incredible. Why the hell don't they just make them public? They have only to gain from it.

It's not prohibited to show these right? What particularly cool stuff are in there?
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(02-12-2010, 07:32 PM)
SovanJedi's Avatar
Whoever took these pictures is probably already dead by now. :(

Those airship designs are awesome, I would've wanted some of those to pop up... And boat train! WOO!
gerg
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:44 PM)
gerg's Avatar
Wonderful stuff. moar pls.
mehdi_san
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:47 PM)
mehdi_san's Avatar

Originally Posted by upandaway

That's incredible. Why the hell don't they just make them public? They have only to gain from it.

It's not prohibited to show these right? What particularly cool stuff are in there?

Well like you can see in the pics in the OP, almost all the pages are just pictures of artworks, prototypes, offices and desks, etc... There's also a small message from Iwata and another one from Miyamoto. Then you have the last part with the whole recruitment information. There are small interviews from employees (with Miis instead of pictures) describing their job, and data about the company (employee numbers, salaries, holidays, etc...). Nothing really exciting!
Vinci
Danish
(02-12-2010, 07:51 PM)
Vinci's Avatar

Originally Posted by mehdi_san

Well like you can see in the pics in the OP, almost all the pages are just pictures of artworks, prototypes, offices and desks, etc... There's also a small message from Iwata and another one from Miyamoto. Then you have the last part with the whole recruitment information. There are small interviews from employees (with Miis instead of pictures) describing their job, and data about the company (employee numbers, salaries, holidays, etc...). Nothing really exciting!

Any behind-the-scenes stuff from Nintendo is exciting. They're too damn secretive. Seriously, I want one of these books. And a Design Documents book for all their old titles. Damn it, Nintendo... Share.
-WindYoshi-
Banned
(02-12-2010, 07:52 PM)
-WindYoshi-'s Avatar
I find the DSi logo picture very insightful... it's interesting to see just how thorough they are when it comes to possibilities and making a decision.
Azure J
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:53 PM)
Azure J's Avatar
"Right click > Save as" is my best friend sometimes. :lol

@Vinci - Seriously, get outta my head! :lol
gerg
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:55 PM)
gerg's Avatar

Originally Posted by -WindYoshi-

I find the DSi logo picture very insightful... it's interesting to see just how thorough they are when it comes to possibilities and making a decision.

As cool as the images are, I don't think you should take them as a sign of anything unique to Nintendo. Any (graphic) designer worth their salt will always produce buckets of concepts before narrowing them down.
Vinci
Danish
(02-12-2010, 07:55 PM)
Vinci's Avatar

Originally Posted by AzureJericho

"Right click > Save as" is my best friend sometimes. :lol

@Vinci - Seriously, get outta my head! :lol

Not too hard to be in your head - we're all thinking the same damn thing after seeing that Iwata Asks with the Mario and Zelda designs and now this!
Azure J
Member
(02-12-2010, 07:57 PM)
Azure J's Avatar
On another note, I totally just saw that boat train. :o

Coolest shit ever.
Bentendo
Member
(02-12-2010, 08:02 PM)
Bentendo's Avatar

Originally Posted by mehdi_san

Well like you can see in the pics in the OP, almost all the pages are just pictures of artworks, prototypes, offices and desks, etc... There's also a small message from Iwata and another one from Miyamoto. Then you have the last part with the whole recruitment information. There are small interviews from employees (with Miis instead of pictures) describing their job, and data about the company (employee numbers, salaries, holidays, etc...). Nothing really exciting!

PLEASE! PLEASE show us some images of inside Nintendo's offices and maybe some more concept art. It would be VERY appreciated.
cosmicblizzard
Banned
(02-12-2010, 08:03 PM)
cosmicblizzard's Avatar
FLYING BOAT TRAIN! It'll be like an airship with carts.
cory
Banned
(02-12-2010, 08:04 PM)
I would do crazy things to see one of Game Freak's books.
Hot Coldman
Banned
(02-12-2010, 08:05 PM)
Hot Coldman's Avatar

Originally Posted by cms382

I would do crazy things to see one of Game Freak's books.

Oh god, cancelled Pokemon *drools*
Toma
Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
(02-12-2010, 08:12 PM)
Toma's Avatar

Originally Posted by upandaway

That's incredible. Why the hell don't they just make them public? They have only to gain from it.

It's not prohibited to show these right? What particularly cool stuff are in there?

+1 please show more of that. These look awesome. Never thought of thinking of the "Nintendo DS Eye" (look at the Nintendo DSi symbols)
mehdi_san
Member
(02-12-2010, 08:13 PM)
mehdi_san's Avatar
I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^
Bentendo
Member
(02-12-2010, 08:17 PM)
Bentendo's Avatar

Originally Posted by mehdi_san

I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^

Crap! :(

Well mods, can he??? PLEASE SAY YES! Also take note that supposedly this was free.
Azure J
Member
(02-12-2010, 08:17 PM)
Azure J's Avatar
Seriously, someone higher up there needs to inquire about or pitch an officially sanctioned "Nintendo Concept Art & Design" book. Even if they can't put all of what we'd like to see in the book, I'd love to have one that just showed some of their traditionally drawn stuff. Hell, they could even make it into a hardcover coffee table series for each different franchise they have a la Disney. Where's Chris Remo? We've got his next E3 assignment for him. :lol
GWX
Member
(02-12-2010, 08:29 PM)
GWX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toma

+1 please show more of that. These look awesome. Never thought of thinking of the "Nintendo DS Eye" (look at the Nintendo DSi symbols)

Never thought about it either... Very clever.
Toma
Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
(02-12-2010, 08:30 PM)
Toma's Avatar

Originally Posted by mehdi_san

I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^

Guys. Keep quoting until we have the confirmation ;)

The book was supposedly for free. Mods: Scanning/Posting Pics allowed Yes/No?

Thread Tools