• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

deadbeef
Member
(03-10-2010, 03:34 AM)
deadbeef's Avatar
Every time I take a magnesium supplement at night I get extremely vivid dreams - not lucid dreams but really vivid. And generally not "good" dreams but not "bad" dreams either. Not sure how to characterize them.

Any other time I have no dreams at all or at least no recollection of them.

Anyone else experience this? Any other cool (legal) ways to induce dreams?
Door2Dawn
Banned
(03-10-2010, 03:34 AM)
Door2Dawn's Avatar
Do you dream about me?
Escape Goat
(03-10-2010, 03:35 AM)
Last night I had a nightmare. Only part was I remember only about 10 seconds of it from start to finish. i was in my car, lost control and i couldn't stop. I remember I braced myself knowing I was going to end up badly hurt.

I woke up as I said something. I wonder what I said...Either way it was intense. Very realistic.
industrian
will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
(03-10-2010, 03:44 AM)
industrian's Avatar
Sleeping during the day gives me fucked up dreams.
Calantus
Member
(03-10-2010, 03:46 AM)
Calantus's Avatar
Life is a fucked up dream.
Stinkles
Banned
(03-10-2010, 03:52 AM)
Stinkles's Avatar
This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898
bggrthnjsus
Member
(03-10-2010, 03:53 AM)
bggrthnjsus's Avatar
i once had to take doxycycline for a couple months for malaria prophylaxis, that gave me some crazy dreams (and made me throw up a bunch of times)
big_z
just gonna rub one out
in the next few minutes
(03-10-2010, 03:53 AM)
big_z's Avatar
phenibut works awesome for giving your dreams a huge boost in clarity and intensity. the stuff is incredible. just make sure to take a piss and not to drink much or anything before going to bed.....
deadbeef
Member
(03-10-2010, 04:05 AM)
deadbeef's Avatar

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898

Yes it's just like that
Stinkles
Banned
(03-10-2010, 04:07 AM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadbeef

Yes it's just like that

You laugh, but if a friend throws a rock on you while you're sleeping, it's your funeral.
∀ Narayan
the carnival of stupid
(03-10-2010, 04:07 AM)
∀ Narayan's Avatar

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898

OOH MY FUCKING GOD! :lol
Dogenzaka
Banned
(03-10-2010, 05:51 AM)

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898

dude magnesium supplements have a lot of health benefits.
Stinkles
Banned
(03-10-2010, 05:57 AM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dogenzaka

dude magnesium supplements have a lot of health benefits.


[IMG]http://i40.************/2z59og5.jpg[/IMG]
Arthrus
Member
(03-10-2010, 06:25 AM)
Arthrus's Avatar
I used to have trouble falling asleep after taking an Omega 3-6-9 supplement. Once asleep though, I had the craziest, most vivid dreams. I felt like my eyes were always open and never got any rest. After about a month I started taking them in the morning.
lexi
Banned
(03-10-2010, 06:27 AM)
lexi's Avatar
I get crazy dreams if I have KFC a few hours before going to sleep.
Snowman Prophet of Doom
Member
(03-10-2010, 06:29 AM)
Snowman Prophet of Doom's Avatar
I've never had this, but my friend says that when he takes melatonin before he goes to bed, he has the best dreams.
Darkmakaimura
(03-10-2010, 06:29 AM)
Darkmakaimura's Avatar
I usually dream well if I eat chocolate before going to bed. Although, I'll usually have dreams if I eat generally anything before I go to the bed.
Staccat0
Fail out bailed
(03-10-2010, 06:32 AM)
Staccat0's Avatar
"simply sleep" pills give me crazy dreams
When I was younger I would listen to OK Computer in bed and it gave me some weird dreams.
muntersaur
Member
(03-10-2010, 06:44 AM)
I'm on a ZMA supplement myself and sometimes it doesn't do anything, and i'll have a hard time falling asleep; however, when it does work my dreams are extremely vivid and crazy. A lot of fun to wake up from and think wtf, but a recent zombie apocalypse dream truly scared the shit out of me!
C.Dark.DN
previously DeathNote
(03-10-2010, 06:47 AM)
C.Dark.DN's Avatar
where can i get me so magnesium to try it?
bjork
(03-10-2010, 06:47 AM)
bjork's Avatar
I have weird dreams no matter what. I can sleep well, sleep badly, sleep with the help of pills, etc. I don't think I've ever had the traditional dreams like being naked in public, or falling, or teeth falling out.

I've had several recently pertaining to a dead friend, and those are pretty unsettling, though.
Vipershark
Member
(03-10-2010, 06:52 AM)
Vipershark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teh Hamburglar

Last night I had a nightmare. Only part was I remember only about 10 seconds of it from start to finish. i was in my car, lost control and i couldn't stop. I remember I braced myself knowing I was going to end up badly hurt.

I woke up as I said something. I wonder what I said...Either way it was intense. Very realistic.

No Toyota joke yet?

Wow, GAF.
L00P
Member
(03-10-2010, 07:34 AM)
L00P's Avatar
My dreams are usually random, but ever since I got a new prescription drug about a month ago, all I've been dreaming about are my long lost childhood friends. Each night, I spend some time with a specific person. We just hang out and talk, but sometimes there are some weird shit going on. However, it's all about that person and me. It's a different person each night, though lately I've been interacting with more people at once. The dreams are very pleasant and vivid. I keep wondering about it for a few minutes after I wake up.

It's very strange. I haven't seen these people for years. Maybe I miss them? I do kind of miss them, but it's very strange that the new pills would trigger dreams about them. It's so, so weird. I've never experienced anything quite like it.
blame space
Member with a nice beard and a broken TV
(03-10-2010, 07:38 AM)
blame space's Avatar
dramamine
Wii
Banned
(03-10-2010, 08:11 AM)
I've heard that magnesium keeps your pineal gland (very important for dreaming) healthy, and most people are magnesium deficient, so it makes sense to me that magnesium intake -> vivid dreams.

I have vivid dreams all the time

Originally Posted by DeathNote

where can i get me so magnesium to try it?

You can soak yourself in an epsom salt bath (magnesium sulfate), there's many other health benefits
http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/...sesep_skry.htm
Freshmaker
I am Korean.
(03-10-2010, 08:38 AM)
Freshmaker's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadbeef

Every time I take a magnesium supplement at night I get extremely vivid dreams - not lucid dreams but really vivid. And generally not "good" dreams but not "bad" dreams either. Not sure how to characterize them.

Any other time I have no dreams at all or at least no recollection of them.

Anyone else experience this? Any other cool (legal) ways to induce dreams?

Too much orange juice before bed does that to me.
Hitokage
Setec Astronomer
(03-10-2010, 08:47 AM)
Hitokage's Avatar

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898

Set magnesium on fire and it won't stop burning as long as oxygen is available.

...even if it's bonded with two hydrogen atoms. :D
chapter3
Banned
(03-10-2010, 09:16 AM)
chapter3's Avatar

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

This is what you are putting in your body at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEUGBrW898


I realy recommend not to fart in bed :lol
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(03-10-2010, 09:20 AM)
Rewrite's Avatar
I don't have that many dreams. I usually just see black. I've noticed that when I take naps (which are rare) I'll always have some type of dream.
Jill Sandwich
the turds of Optimus Prime
(03-10-2010, 09:36 AM)
Jill Sandwich's Avatar
What should I take before bed for sexy dreams? Lucid, sexy dreams?
Quagm1r3
Member
(03-10-2010, 09:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Rewrite

I don't have that many dreams. I usually just see black. I've noticed that when I take naps (which are rare) I'll always have some type of dream.

The same happens to me, and I think it's because we drift into REM sleep faster when we need sleep (and we only dream during REM sleep). We also remember dreams easier if it hasn't been as long since we had it. If you have a dream 2 hours after you fall asleep, but continue to sleep for 7 hours, you probably won't remember it.

OP TIME: That's awesome! Really makes me want to try magnesium and write down my dreams.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(03-10-2010, 10:19 AM)
wenis's Avatar
hmm im gunna get some magnesium.....should be interesting.
MarkMclovin
Member
(03-10-2010, 10:30 AM)
MarkMclovin's Avatar
My wife used to have fits because her dreams were so fucked up. She's now classes as epileptic, but she doesn't have anything during the day. Medication has stopped the fits now, but her dreams still happen every night, very realistic and she remembers everything about them. She can have over 7 or 8 a night.

If you wake her up during her sleeping, she has this look on her face that isn't possible normally. Its a really frightened face, but after a second or so, she's fine.

Absolutely fucking weird.

Oh and I can only remember my dreams about once a month, maybe less.
Husker86
Member
(03-10-2010, 10:40 AM)
Husker86's Avatar

Originally Posted by MarkMclovin

My wife used to have fits because her dreams were so fucked up. She's now classes as epileptic, but she doesn't have anything during the day. Medication has stopped the fits now, but her dreams still happen every night, very realistic and she remembers everything about them. She can have over 7 or 8 a night.

If you wake her up during her sleeping, she has this look on her face that isn't possible normally. Its a really frightened face, but after a second or so, she's fine.

Absolutely fucking weird.

Oh and I can only remember my dreams about once a month, maybe less.

What do you mean by a look that isn't possible normally? Made me think of the closet chick in The Ring and I'm just about to go to bed :(

I'm so getting some magnesium supplement tomorrow.
J Tourettes
Banned
(03-10-2010, 10:44 AM)
J Tourettes's Avatar

Originally Posted by big_z

phenibut works awesome for giving your dreams a huge boost in clarity and intensity. the stuff is incredible. just make sure to take a piss and not to drink much or anything before going to bed.....

Fuck doxycycline, that shit made me sick, prone to sunburn and triggered a long period of depression for me. Horrid, horrid stuff.
Steppenwolf
Member
(03-10-2010, 10:45 AM)
I used to take 5-HTP sometimes as a natural alternative to pharmaceutical antidepressants. This stuff not only helped me to improove my mood but also gave me some of the most vivid and epic dreams i ever had. The reason for this is that a part of it gets metabolized into Melatonin.

Magnesium does nothing like that for me. But then i only take when i have a twitching eye lid or something like that.
MarkMclovin
Member
(03-10-2010, 10:46 AM)
MarkMclovin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Husker86

What do you mean by a look that isn't possible normally? Made me think of the closet chick in The Ring and I'm just about to go to bed :(

I'm so getting some magnesium supplement tomorrow.

Nah, not that bad! Imagine your wife sleeping and then you wake her up by shouting really loud next to her. Kind of like that but it doesn't matter how gentle you do it.
J Tourettes
Banned
(03-10-2010, 10:49 AM)
J Tourettes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steppenwolf

I used to take 5-HTP sometimes as a natural alternative to pharmaceutical antidepressants. This stuff not only helped me to improove my mood but also gave me some of the most vivid and epic dreams i ever had. The reason for this is that a part of it gets metabolized into Melatonin.

Magnesium does nothing like that for me. But then i only take when i have a twitching eye lid or something like that.

Did it help with insomnia or just depression?
Steppenwolf
Member
(03-10-2010, 10:53 AM)

Originally Posted by J Tourettes

Did it help with insomnia or just depression?

I never suffered from insomnia when i was depressed. But afaik it's supposed to help against insomnia too and that makes sense imo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

Thread Tools