• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Delay-Age (Metroid Other M and S&P 2 Delayed)

ShockingAlberto said:
It's cute how people think Nintendo sees Metroid as a Zelda substitute.
This. I love Metroid, but to think that it could some how fill in for a Zelda game is pretty absurd.

My guess is that Other M will get pushed back to August (Corruption was released in August as well) and Zelda will arrive in November/December, as expected.

ZealousD said:
hrga45.gif
:lol

fernoca

A little disappointed about 'Other M', but it was kinda expected..
The game went from "no date" and barely no pictures or information since last year, to videos, pictures and a June 27 release; just around 2 months ago.

wRATH2x

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
It's cute how people think Nintendo sees Metroid as a Zelda substitute.
I never meant it like that man.

Anyway, I hope Zelda is 2010. All I'm saying is its not as probable from what I gather.

Oh and Zelda was kind of announced for 2010.

Instro

Metroid TBD so it doesnt hurt S&P2 sales maybe? Plus it probably needs polishing. I mean now that I know Metroid has been moved back maybe a couple months, I'm much more likely to pick up S&P2 than I was before.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
This is good, I don't have the time anyway. Metroid Other M is going to be fall.

Yup. I thought when they announced the lineup that Nintendo was really packing May-June pretty tight.

Don't think this has any bearing on Zelda whatsoever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Metroid being delayed does not mean that Zelda was delayed. They are being made by different teams.

Here's the timeline so you can understand the reasoning.

1.) Zelda still being worked on, likely won't be ready for Holiday release.
2.) Nintendo executives realize that without Zelda, they have nothing ready for the holidays on Wii.
3.) Somebody pitches idea that they should just delay Metroid for September/October/November. It's a bit too close to Galaxy 2 anyway.
4.) Because Zelda has not been officially announced, none are the wiser about its delay.
5.) Executives go back to swim in their Scrooge McDuck money bin.

wRATH2x said:
Anyway, I hope Zelda is 2010. All I'm saying is its not as probable from what I gather.
Thus far, I haven't seen anything that would indicate that Zelda isn't coming out in 2010.

Sure, Zelda has a long track record of delays, but with Nintendo's new announce shortly before release policy, I don't think that's going to be the case this time. God willing.

Other M is my most anticipated game, but if a delay means more time to polish and perfect it I'm down. Some of the media summit impressions were giving me the vague impression that there were still some little kinks here and there that needed to be smoothed out, which worried me because the release date was so close. I'm actually pretty positive about the prospect of an extra month or two of refinement.

AniHawk said:
Thank Christ. 3D Dot Game Heroes, S&P2, Metroid, and SMG2 hitting within two months of each other was too much to handle.
I feel exactly the same way, title for title. This might not only give me the opportunity to get S&P2 on day one (rather than hold out for Metroid), it might also give me enough breathing room to justify grabbing 3D Dot Game Heroes, which I was begrudgingly putting on the back burner.

Ah well.

Super Street Fighter IV is coming out next week. Dragon Quest IX should be coming out and MGS Peace Walker is also out along with Arc Rise Fantasia to fill in the lonely blanks. And let's not forget about Super Mario Galaxy 2. And Valkryia Chronicles 2 is hitting in July or August, I forget which.

Metroid being delayed is a bummer, but I think there's still plenty of good games to make the delay and wait feel a bit easier.

Besides, Other M is a game I'm very worried about. It will either disappoint, or be awesome. I don't want to keep my hopes up because I'm just afraid it will be disappointing with Team Ninja doing crazy and bizarre stuff to it.

So I can wait.

[Nintex]

Iwata constantly said that Zelda Wii would hit in 2010. In fact Spirit Tracks was supposed to have been delayed till 2010 but Iwata wanted the game out in 2009 so they wouldn't release 2 Zelda's in the same year. He didn't say anything about the release for Metroid: Other M.

wRATH2x

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Thus far, I haven't seen anything that would indicate that Zelda isn't coming out in 2010.

Sure, Zelda has a long track record of delays, but with Nintendo's new announce shortly before release policy, I don't think that's going to be the case this time. God willing.
Yeah thats what I'm getting at, the Metroid delay shows there is a chance at least.

Ahh well, I guess I'm looking way too hard for something to bitch about.

Door2Dawn

Banned
ZealousD said:

2.) Nintendo executives realize that without Zelda, they have nothing ready for the holidays on Wii.
3.) Somebody pitches idea that they should just delay Metroid for September/October/November. It's a bit too close to Galaxy 2 anyway.
4.) Because Zelda has not been officially announced, none are the wiser about its delay.
Thats dumb >=[

Instro said:
Its obvious guys, Metroid Other M was pushed back so it could release along side Metroid Dread 3DS in October.
I wish.

I think it's delayed because maybe Team Ninja screwed it up. I don't know. Seeing how there's just so much complicated mess in the game, I just can't trust Team Ninja to pull this off successfully. It feels to shallow based on the previews I've been reading.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Disappointing, but I'll just catch up on older games.

Just as long as S&P2 doesn't get delayed again.

Door2Dawn

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I wish.

I think it's delayed because maybe Team Ninja screwed it up. I don't know. Seeing how there's just so much complicated mess in the game, I just can't trust Team Ninja to pull this off successfully. It feels to shallow based on the previews I've been reading.
Yeah, because you could really tell there was so much complicated mess in the game from a few screens, and like two trailers..

Masked Man

I said wow
I should have known that it was too good to be true. ;__;

Monetarily, this is a great thing for me; conversely, I was really looking forward to playing these games ASAP, so I'm slightly disappointed.

Door2Dawn said:
Yeah, because you could really tell there was so much complicated mess in the game from a few screens, and like two trailers..
No, I was excited from the trailers and screens. But it's from the early impressions I've read at IGN from editors who played the first part of the game.

A lot of them felt let down, felt worried, but said that they hope the rest of the game is better.

That worries me.

And when I mean complicated, I mean the game has a identity crisis. Is it Ninja Gaiden, a FPS, a side-scrolling platformer, a third person 3D adventure? Sometimes, less is more. Is Team Ninja doing too much?

Like I said, it worries me.

Joei

If it weren't for the sheer amount of titles coming out and, being a relatively new PS3 owner, the older games that I want to play, I'd be butthurt furious. As it is, I'm only slightly annoyed and mildly relieved.

jrricky

Banned
Stormwatch said:
What really sucks is the fact that they had all sorts of previews in the May issues of video game magazines trying to hype up the June release. I'm sure magazines aren't going to re-preview the game closer to release time to hype it up again.
hmm? why wouldnt they?

ZealousD said:

I understand the reasoning. I'm just saying that one does not logically follow the other. It could just as easily been:

1) Metroid's coming along swimmingly
2) A key team member gets sick, some game-breaking bugs are found, a teatable was upended - slowdown and rework happens
3) The game director gets on the horn with Iwata saying "Iwata-san, we need more time!"
4) Executives aren't pleased. This project is in a shambles. Reshuffle release calendar (i.e. move S&P to help fill the gap left by Metroid) and move Metroid to "TBD"
5) Metroid: Other M director given an unfavourable performance review

WarLox

DarthButcher said:
Just got an official email from work about two of Nintendo's biggest profile games of the year, Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment 2 being delayed.

Metroid: Other M has changed from being released on 6/27 to TBD.

Sin and Punishment 2 has changed from being released on 6/6 to 6/27.

Why, Nintendo? WHY?

Battered Gamer

Rafaelcsa

MidnightScott said:
I wonder when FlingSmash is coming.

Yeah, me too. And if Line Attack Heroes still exists. Hopefully Nintendo fills the gaps with these smaller games, instead of just leaving a black hole of nothing between their big releases.

Vizion28

Banned
wRATH2x said:
Most of us here were talking about how Nintendo haven't delayed a game in a while and how their new strategy is different from the Nintendo of old.

This shows that they still do delay their games, and a seemingly ready game like Metroid being delayed indefinitely is most likely for filling a gap, and Zelda is the most likely to be delayed to 2011.

I wish we get it this year, I really fucking do, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Why would you think that when they delayed Brawl and Galaxy 2?

Hey, if they are delaying a game to make improvements I am all for it.

Neomoto

If Zelda wouldn't be ready for the holiday, they would not send Metroid but *Mario* as the replacement system seller. As awesome as it may be, Metroid will do nothing for the system in terms of hardware sales, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii is still going very strong.

Guevara

Neomoto said:
If Zelda wouldn't be ready for the holiday, they would not send Metroid but *Mario* as the replacement system seller. As awesome as it may be, Metroid will do nothing for the system in terms of hardware sales, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii is still going very strong.

I really can't believe MG2 will be coming out in under month, especially with NSMBW kicking ass.

You're right, Galaxy would be the obvious delay to Holiday '10.

Vizion28

Banned
I bet my bottom dollar Zelda Wii will be out by the end of this year and not only will have Motion+ support but also Vitality Sensor support. You've read it here first folks.

wRATH2x

Banned
Vizion28 said:
Why would you think that when they delayed Brawl and Galaxy 2?

Hey, if they are delaying a game to make improvements I am all for it.
They didn't delay Galaxy 2 at all, and Brawl was long ago.

It's not from Nintendo themselves, but Nintendo.com still lists Trauma Team's release date as yesterday. Everywhere else update to next month weeks ago.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Neomoto said:

Agree completely

Top Bottom