• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

N.A
(04-26-2010, 10:45 AM)
Each Shenmue disc is under 500mb compressed so I'd imagine they'd be able to get the whole thing around 1GB if they removed all the repeated assets.

Looks fake to me though.
IrishNinja
(04-26-2010, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by jj984jj

Works fine when I play it on my 360.

wait, the dual JSR/other game disc? i recall graphic glitches in level 1, man. wish it weren't so.

Shenmue 1, much less episodic on XBLA ALL OVER MY FACE. ill make peace with the shitty dub of part 2 if it means an excuse to go through these again, for real.
wRATH2x
Banned
(04-26-2010, 11:44 AM)

Originally Posted by elektrixxx

1.28GB or something for a GD-ROM I think.

There was probably padding and duplicated assets in all those Shenmue discs so I think it's possible.

Originally Posted by randomwab

Dreamcast discs were about a 1.2GB. I guess each of the three story discs of Shenmue had a ton of the same content, but whether they could drop roughly an entire gig for XBLA is another thing. That, or Microsoft is raising the cap again.

Oh OK, thanks!

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

Sega could make it episodic!

That would work, but you know Sega.
m0ngo
(04-26-2010, 12:11 PM)
Shenmue aswell!? I really want to believe this but you know it's not going to end well and we will all be bitterly disappointed :lol
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 12:14 PM)
How come Shenmue and Jet Set Radio don't have achievements on them? Sonic Adventure has achievements no? I smell a fake.
Rat Salad
Banned
(04-26-2010, 12:19 PM)
You know I don't know why companies like Sega and Namco don't take a look at the clutzerfuck that is Microsoft's GameRoom and just run with it by doing it right.

They could make it so you walk into a Sega or Namco arcade and have all the games from the 80's/90's and 2000 ready to buy and play. I would fucking die if they were smart enough to do this. I'd also be very broke but to have all the games like that would be incredible.

Live and PSN would be that much better.
Rlan
(04-26-2010, 12:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Suzzopher

How come Shenmue and Jet Set Radio don't have achievements on them? Sonic Adventure has achievements no? I smell a fake.

Demos don't show Achievements until they've become "full game" versions.
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 12:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Rat Salad

You know I don't know why companies like Sega and Namco don't take a look at the clutzerfuck that is Microsoft's GameRoom and just run with it by doing it right.

They could make it so you walk into a Sega or Namco arcade and have all the games from the 80's/90's and 2000 ready to buy and play. I would fucking die if they were smart enough to do this. I'd also be very broke but to have all the games like that would be incredible.

Also Virtual Console Arcade is crying out for classic SEGA arcade games. Seriously Virtua Fighter 2 on Game Room or Virtual Console Arcade I will lose my shit.
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 12:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Rlan

Demos don't show Achievements until they've become "full game" versions.

But on Partnernet you don't get the demo of the XBLA releases. Well I never saw any games with trial versions. Maybe I wasn't looking as I would just download the full game without hesitation. Just weird that this cat has downloaded the full games for announced games yet only trials for games unannounced.
Kafel
Banned
(04-26-2010, 12:26 PM)
I'd like to know why the guy has the JSR logo in his images.

The one he used on the shop ?

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Xbox360Leaker
Rat Salad
Banned
(04-26-2010, 12:31 PM)

Also Virtual Console Arcade is crying out for classic SEGA arcade games. Seriously Virtua Fighter 2 on Game Room or Virtual Console Arcade I will lose my shit.

Oh yeah defintely,I totally forgot about Virtual console,bring it on. I'd loose my also shit if I walked into a Sega virtual arcade and saw 15 Gaffer's avatar sitting down in a Daytona 2 cabinet and linking up to the game the way its always been done. I'd jump in and be the 16th player to be in that race.:)

There is so much money to be made by rereleasing the classics. Were living in an age where everything is being rebooted,why not make a gaming hub where your avatar walks into that actual dirty arcade,yes I know its been done with GameRoom but they got the execution so wrong. You have to have the games to nail the atmosphere. If all these companies would work with all the console manufacturers to allow their games to be put into a virtual arcade,and not fear competing with one another it would be great. Hell they could all split the profits,but that wouldn't work I suppose,too much greed.

Instead you would see each company with their own arcade,but to do this you'd need for each console manufacturer to create a hub across Virtual Console,PSN,and Live,then walk into each area(Taito,SNK,Nintendo,Sega,Namco,Capcom,etc.) and enter that companies arcade. Each area would be like what Sony already does with HOME.
Last edited by Rat Salad; 04-26-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Backflip
(04-26-2010, 12:32 PM)
The dude has uploaded videos of games that are on Partnernet but it looks like he only did that to make you believe that JSR and Shenmue II are coming to the 360. As far as I can tell, he has a debug 360 but the JSR and Shenmue screenshots are fake.

If he had access to XBLA versions of Shenmue II and Jet Set Radio do you really believe that he would just upload videos of Hydro Thunder 2, a game that has already been announced ?

I have access to Partnernet, so I can't talk about the stuff that is on there. But what I can say is that either he has access to a super secret Partnernet and/or knows SEGA employees that are willing to leak stuff, or all of this is fake.

And besides, that Project Berkley II screen is poorly done.
Last edited by Backflip; 04-26-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 12:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Rat Salad

Oh yeah defintely,I totally forgot about Virtual console,bring it on. There is so much money to be made by rereleasing the classics. Were living in an age where everything is being rebooted,why not make a gaming hub where your avatar walks into that actual dirty arcade,yes I know its been done with GameRoom but they got the execution so wrong. You have to have the games to nail the atmosphere. If all these companies would work with all the console manufacturers to allow their games to be put into a virtual arcade,and not fear competing with one another it would be great. Hell they could all split the profits,but that wouldn't work I suppose,too much greed.

Instead you would see each company with their own arcade,but to do this you'd need for each console manufacturer to create a hub across Virtual Console,PSN,and Live,then walk into each area(Taito,SNK,Nintendo,Sega,Namco,Capcom,etc.) and enter that companies arcade. Each area would be like what Sony already does with HOME.

We're going off topic, but it's fake so let us continue.

I would love to see the Animal Crossing engine used for Miis to travel around from a SEGA Arcade to a Namco Arcade to a Konami Arcade to an SNK Arcade etc. Having that as a channel for Virtual Console Arcade would be incredible. Game Room has shown a little potential for this concept but is lacking in charm and functionality.

Nintendo will never do what I hope for but I can dream damn it:lol
Rat Salad
Banned
(04-26-2010, 12:47 PM)

We're going off topic, but it's fake so let us continue.

I would love to see the Animal Crossing engine used for Miis to travel around from a SEGA Arcade to a Namco Arcade to a Konami Arcade to an SNK Arcade etc. Having that as a channel for Virtual Console Arcade would be incredible. Game Room has shown a little potential for this concept but is lacking in charm and functionality.

Nintendo will never do what I hope for but I can dream damn it:lol

Yeah I don't mean to derail so this'll be my last post on this. I really don't know why each company doesn't do this,I mean when you nail the atmosphere by having miis and avatrs walk into that gaming arcade,where you see your friends from your gaming list,it would be instant $$$$$ for all the game companies. Half the reason you hubg out with friends was because you had all the cool arcades as a kid,to give that back to adults where they could relive it is priceless and easy money. A goldmine really. And I just thought of something. Who gets the rights to having the Killer Instinct games in their arcades? Microsoft(with Rare) or Nintendo(Nintendo copyrights were all over at the game's title screen so...):lol

Ahh it'd be nice but yeah,it would never happen. Stupid gaming companies.
Backflip
(04-26-2010, 02:38 PM)
I've been talking to the "leaker" via PM on YouTube (he contacted me because I wrote on his channel that his stuff was fake) and I'm now 99% sure that he's lying. I've given him easy ways to prove that his screenshots are real and his answers are just a bunch of crap in broken English.
Alec
Banned
(04-26-2010, 02:49 PM)
It's very easy to replace the thumbnail and the text to make it show up as whatever you want to. Too bad it was a fake.
MomoPufflet
(04-26-2010, 02:54 PM)
God fucking damn it.

Someone sic 4chan on this asshole.
Backflip
(04-26-2010, 02:54 PM)
He's now telling me that his stuff comes from "TestNet" which, according to him, is a hidden part of PartnerNet. I've never heard of that so I can't say if it's bullshit or not but I still believe that his screenshots were fake.
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Backflip

He's now telling me that his stuff comes from "TestNet" which, according to him, is a hidden part of PartnerNet. I've never heard of that so I can't say if it's bullshit or not but I still believe that his screenshots were fake.

TestNet:lol
Alec
Banned
(04-26-2010, 02:57 PM)

The hidden parts of PartnerNet don't have any special name, they're just hidden and only GamerTags specified by MS can see them. Nothing more complicated than that. Fake.

He would show JSR footage if he had it.
Himuro
Banned
(04-26-2010, 03:02 PM)
I still think could be happening because of the Sega leak about Dreamcast games on download services.

:lol
Backflip
(04-26-2010, 03:16 PM)
What's funny is that he only posts in-game screenshots of stuff that is already on PartnerNet in order to prove that everything else is also true. He's just an asshole with a Debug 360. I don't know what he's trying to accomplish.
Suzzopher
(04-26-2010, 03:18 PM)
Microsoft should kill switch his debug.
Alec
Banned
(04-26-2010, 03:24 PM)

Microsoft should kill switch his debug.

He hasn't left any proof as to who he is...MS would have to grab the IP from YouTube and see if any Dev Kits have been on from that IP, and I don't think they'd go through the trouble. =(
Lijik
(04-26-2010, 03:41 PM)

:lol Amazing
Cell_Biology
(04-26-2010, 04:16 PM)
Aw... this makes me sad.

I was just about to hold out on getting a Dreamcast, now I am probably going to look around for a Dreamcast and a copy of Jet Set Radio and Shenmue.
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(04-26-2010, 05:18 PM)
Will buy if true, though I greatly like Future better.. but both are "games of all-time" titles.

I would really like to see Sega give the go-ahead to Headstrong for their Wii Jet Set Radio, they hit a home run with House of the Dead: Overkill and I think they would do a great job. Though Wii remote use would probably move back to the original's graffiti style though (not a fan of the gestures after the way Future handled it).
Vorador
Banned
(04-26-2010, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Cell_Biology

Aw... this makes me sad.

I was just about to hold out on getting a Dreamcast, now I am probably going to look around for a Dreamcast and a copy of Jet Set Radio and Shenmue.

Since there's been leaking of stuff like Sonic Adventure DX, and supposedly Crazy Taxi and/or Jet Set Radio, i suggest to wait a bit until this clears up.
Himuro
Banned
(04-26-2010, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Cell_Biology

Aw... this makes me sad.

Because this image is fake doesn't mean JSR isn't coming to xbla/psn.
Shotgun Kiss
(04-26-2010, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Metalic Sand

Future is BC btw and runs perfectly fine.

No, there are instances where the game slows down horribly. It's not often, but when it does happen, it's really bad. The worst part (that I've seen so far; I've yet to beat it) is Highway Zero in the central area (with the huge structure that has dragon sculptures running around it that you can grind). That area is so big, and has so many NPC's walking around, that I always get major slowdown.
Tomasooie
(04-26-2010, 06:23 PM)

And besides, that Project Berkley II screen is poorly done.

What screenshot?

Anyway, I don't see why people are so quick to doubt this. The leaked Sega notes from last year confirmed that they're bringing over Dreamcast games to PSN and XBLA, obviously the big SEGA games -- two of which we've already seen: Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Jet Set Radio and Shenmue also fall into that group. And this guy, or someone he knows, clearly has PartnerNet access. Even if the screens are fake, and I don't think they are, you can bank on these games showing up.
Backflip
(04-26-2010, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Himuro

Because this image is fake doesn't mean JSR isn't coming to xbla/psn.

I agree. Even though I think that dude's making stuff up, JSR and Shenmue II could very well be coming to the XBLA in the future.

Originally Posted by Tomasooie

What screenshot?

Anyway, I don't see why people are so quick to doubt this. The leaked Sega notes from last year confirmed that they're bringing over Dreamcast games to PSN and XBLA, obviously the big SEGA games -- two of which we've already seen: Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Jet Set Radio and Shenmue also fall into that group. And this guy, or someone he knows, clearly has PartnerNet access. Even if the screens are fake, and I don't think they are, you can bank on these games showing up.

This screenshot : http://img25.imageshack.us/i/berkleyii.jpg/ (Ryo's head is messed up)

I think that dude has access to PartnerNet but I also think that he's using what he finds on there to pass fake screen caps as real (like one fake screenshot in between two real ones).
Last edited by Backflip; 04-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Tomasooie
(04-26-2010, 06:40 PM)

This screenshot : http://img25.imageshack.us/i/berkleyii.jpg/ (Ryo's head is messed up)

I think that dude has access to PartnerNet but I also think that he's using what he finds on there to pass fake screen caps as real (like one fake screenshot in between two real ones).

If the screenshot is real, it's a placeholder image which will be replaced by something more professional for the final release. It's not unheard of, especially on PartnerNet.

I remember when Perfect Dark XBLA was leaked, its placeholder image was a blurry picture of the old Joanna's head, before they even redid the character model. Goldeneye XBLA's placeholder icon was an image of Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark Zero.

Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(04-26-2010, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Vorador

Since there's been leaking of stuff like Sonic Adventure DX, and supposedly Crazy Taxi and/or Jet Set Radio, i suggest to wait a bit until this clears up.

Well, in the case of Crazy Taxi there is more then just a dashboard screenshot.

http://digiex.net/digiex/front-page-...ake-arena.html

In fact, a few more Crazy Taxi XBLA screenshots popped up where the originals were leaked, including menu screen.
Lijik
(04-26-2010, 06:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Tomasooie

If the screenshot is real, it's a placeholder image which will be replaced by something more professional for the final release. It's not unheard of, especially on PartnerNet.

I remember when Perfect Dark XBLA was leaked, its placeholder image was a blurry picture of the old Joanna's head, before they even redid the character model. Goldeneye XBLA's placeholder icon was an image of Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark Zero.

Explain his bogus TestNet story
Mojo
(04-26-2010, 07:03 PM)
nooooooo

sega plz

sega

plz
wRATH2x
Banned
(04-26-2010, 07:24 PM)
I am outraged!
Himuro
Banned
(04-26-2010, 07:32 PM)

I agree. Even though I think that dude's making stuff up, JSR and Shenmue II could very well be coming to the XBLA in the future.

Isn't Shenmue 2 already on xbla via xbox originals? What about Shenmue 1? I'm not concerned about xbla because I don't have a 360. I'm concerned about psn.
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(04-26-2010, 07:36 PM)

Isn't Shenmue 2 already on xbla via xbox originals? What about Shenmue 1? I'm not concerned about xbla because I don't have a 360. I'm concerned about psn.

XBLA is not Xbox Originals.
Himuro
Banned
(04-26-2010, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Princess Skittles

XBLA is not Xbox Originals.

What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though? You know what would be awesome? Shenmue 1/2 with Japanese voice acting. I wouldn't have to play the DC version of 2 ever again if this happened, but it won't.

I know, I know. lolol weaboo! I'm not usually one to care about Japanese voice acting, but in Shenmue it adds to the atmosphere. A lot. Even in 2 where the game takes place in fucking China.
PantherAttacks
(04-26-2010, 07:52 PM)
Goddammit. You do not joke about Jet Set Radio. :[
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(04-26-2010, 07:58 PM)

What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though?

In Sega's case? Probably not much. :lol

In a good company's hands? You'd have improved graphics running at an HD resolution in widescreen, along with achievements, online functionality (if applicable) and extra features not present in the original. Since I have never played Shenmue, I don't know what, if any, of these added features would be a benefit over the resolution jump.. but the framework to make a nicer product than a straight emulation is there.
Ninja Moomin
Banned
(04-26-2010, 08:00 PM)
the biggest question i have about all this is not whether the game is coming.... but why anyone would want sega to revisit any of this?

they've more than proven that they have zero respect for their back catalogue.... after sonic adventure why do you think they are suddenly going to put any effort into Shenmue or JSR?

seriously... sega doesn't give a fuck about you, or your nostalgia. they don't even give a fuck about the value or their own IP.

it's time to let go and move on.
iconoclast
(04-26-2010, 08:01 PM)

What makes you think it'd be vastly different, though? You know what would be awesome? Shenmue 1/2 with Japanese voice acting. I wouldn't have to play the DC version of 2 ever again if this happened, but it won't.

I know, I know. lolol weaboo! I'm not usually one to care about Japanese voice acting, but in Shenmue it adds to the atmosphere. A lot. Even in 2 where the game takes place in fucking China.

And to think you defended the horrible English VA in Yakuza 1... smh
Himuro
Banned
(04-26-2010, 08:02 PM)

Originally Posted by iconoclast

And to think you defended the horrible English VA in Yakuza 1... smh

lol

I prefer the Japanese voice acting in Yak 2 as well for the same reason. It really adds to the atmosphere.
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(04-26-2010, 08:08 PM)

Originally Posted by NinjaFusion

the biggest question i have about all this is not whether the game is coming.... but why anyone would want sega to revisit any of this?

they've more than proven that they have zero respect for their back catalogue.... after sonic adventure why do you think they are suddenly going to put any effort into Shenmue or JSR?

seriously... sega doesn't give a fuck about you, or your nostalgia. they don't even give a fuck about the value or their own IP.

The ports of Rez and VOOT are aces though.

But yeah, in general, you're right. Their track record indicates this would likely be trash, not treasure.
icarus-daedelus
(04-26-2010, 08:13 PM)
It's a setting thing. If games are set in Japan, or some fantasy world with tons of Eastern Asian cultural touches/influences or something, and if the characters are Japanese, I prefer JP voice acting to dubs every time. The reverse is true for MGS games, even if Hayter sucks and hearing Pearl from Spongebob as the voice of The Boss is jarring, to say the least.

Originally Posted by NinjaFusion

Because it's JSR. Who gave a fuck about Sonic Adventure in the first place? Shit, who gave a fuck about Sonic after Sonic & Knuckles?

People who didn't learn their lesson, that's who.
Princess Skittles
Prince's's 'Skittle's
(04-26-2010, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by icarus-daedelus

Because it's JSR. Who gave a fuck about Sonic Adventure in the first place? Shit, who gave a fuck about Sonic after Sonic & Knuckles?

People who didn't learn their lesson, that's who.

The Sonic Adventure thing illustrates how little care Sega can potentially not give to porting a game over, it doesn't have anything to do with how much Sonic games suck. See also: Sonic GBA, Sonic Collection DS, any Genesis game ported by Backbone, etc., etc.
icarus-daedelus
(04-26-2010, 08:25 PM)
Hmm, that sucks. I've not played any ports or collections outside of the Sonic Mega Collection on the PS2, which I thought was fine.
Dresden
on the run
(04-26-2010, 08:27 PM)
I still want Typing of the Dead for the PC! Gametap had it available when I tried out their free trial one month, but it crashed every five minutes with no real support or solutions available.