• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Pop-Fiction"- a new Gametrailers show (Mythbusters for gaming!)

DarkPanda

aaaaaa said:
I have personally found the room using the "popular" method. It's an error room that pops up when the room you're supposed to reach hasn't loaded in time.

As have I. From the looks of it, they're going to the right after exiting the Sanctuary. Every time I've gone to the room, I've made a left from the Sanctuary and gone down through the trees. You have to be quick, and from what I can recall you can't bump into anything while dashing, but it does work.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I always heard you can access Pluto in Blast Corps after getting all Platinum in every single possible level. Though that would kinda be an impossible feat to begin with...

They should do a how to catch Mew on Pokemon red/blue. Back then there were plenty of rumours going around of how to do it and I've tried every single one, including the "go to the glitched safari zone and take following steps" and the "look around the big ferry" theory.
Also, Miyamoto revealed the real way to catch Mew in 2006, ten years after the games' release but it seems that this message didn't reach every pokemon blue fan out there.

A "you can't get the triforce in Ocarina of Time" would also be awesome.

Dunk#7 said:
I would like to see them tackle this myth/fact:

You can play against/play as reptile in the original Mortal Kombat on Genesis.

I saw it posted on several sites and tried to accomplish the crazy requirements, but failed. I was never able to accomplish this.

IIRC you have to press down, up, left, left, A, right, down (DULLARD) in the main menu which opens the debug menu. From there the debug menu offers a (not easily identifiable) switch to fight against Reptile but not as him.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wow, I remember going over the pole once a long time ago. NO ONE BELIEVED ME. I remember I passed the castle and went ahead and saw... something, can't remember. But it's true! I AM NOT CRAZY!!

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Relix said:
Wow, I remember going over the pole once a long time ago. NO ONE BELIEVED ME. I remember I passed the castle and went ahead and saw... something, can't remember. But it's true! I AM NOT CRAZY!!

Was it Batman? I heard you see Batman. Some kid on the bus told me.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Relix said:

I jumped over the flagpole once years ago. I could never do it again, but thankfully I had friends in the room that saw it :lol

ery269.png

Oops, GameTrailers! :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I also thought this was possible and it turns out it is.

Great little 2 minute show they have going on here. Wish it was weekly.

rezuth

I can't believe they used an emulator to record that and I can't believe they didn't even bother to remove the mouse cursor in one of the recordings :lol :lol :lol

Anth0ny

I noticed the mouse too :lol

I love this idea. I hope they do an episode about the Triforce in OOT and Stop n Swap in BK/BT.

Oh, and Mew in Pokemon R/B/Y of course!

Heh, noticed the mouse!

I am sure I have cleared the flag back in the days, but it might have been the All Stars version.

Still cool!

Acosta

Another great one, love it, kudos to GT team, this is a neat idea.

I thought it could be possible, but I never managed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FoxHimself said:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ery269.png[/IM]

Oops, GameTrailers! :P[/QUOTE]

I tried to move my mouse at that part but then realized it was in the video :lol

Johningame

Neo Member
Great show! I'm surprised nobody else thought of it. These episodes are just the right length. Now I'm trying to recall all those "I know a guy who did x in this game" stories...

It would be crazy frustrating to try and do this with an NES or Wii and not have the ability to go back 5 seconds every time you fail.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
YES I REMEMBER!

It was in Lost Levels! I went over the flag and there was a pipe that lead back to World 1!!

Mar

Great idea for a show. I'm in for more of these.

Also reminded me how good LttP was. I need to buy that game again.

totowhoa

Banned
Relix said:
YES I REMEMBER!

It was in Lost Levels! I went over the flag and there was a pipe that lead back to World 1!!

Holy shit I played that the hell out of that game. Remember what world it was in? I want to put that back in and find it tonight if you do

Also, good idea for the show... I've always tried to jump it :lol I remember trying this as a kid, but I've never heard of the myth. Guess I joined the Internet a bit too late

Oyashiro

Holy SHIT. Episode 2 blew my mind. Throughout the whole thing, I kept saying to myself "Nope, it sure as hell ain't possible".

spliced

I never knew about that Zelda room but I did jump over the flagpole in Mario. I would try to jump over all the flagpoles, not because I knew it could be done, just because it was something to try. That combined with the fact that I played the heck out of the game and it was only a matter of time before I did it.

Cool show, especially if you like the game they are featuring.

Loxley

Pappasman said:
Gametrailer's voice over guy has such an awesome voice.

It's funny because I don't think we've ever actually seen him. He's been the the primary voice for their reviews since GT's inception and yet I don't ever recall seeing the guy's face.

Although if you go back and watch their early reviews from 2005-2006, you can tell he's gotten a lot more comfortable and doing the voice-overs over the years. There's a lot more personality to his voice in the reviews nowadays compared to the "reading from the script" inflection he used to have.

Zomba13

Oyashiro said:
Holy SHIT. Episode 2 blew my mind. Throughout the whole thing, I kept saying to myself "Nope, it sure as hell ain't possible".
Me too. I was under the impression that no matter how high you go you just hit where the flag was and slide down. This one did actually blow my mind :eek:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There were so many videogame rumors when I was growing up. Someone made a thread about this very same topic not too long ago.

Myth I want to see tackled?

Battletoads (NES) has an ending

I think I've jumped over a few of the flag poles in All-Stars when I was little. I think I've jumped over that pre-boss castle level shown in the video.

Top Bottom