• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Depends what OS. My iMac recognizes my PS3 controller without any extra drivers. This is with USB though, bluetooth doesn't work unfortunately.

both my sixaxis and ds3 work fine over bluetooth in osx (im running 10.6.8). the way i do it is i make sure bluetooth is on and discoverable, plug the usb cable from the controller to the machine, press the ps button so the lights will start flashing, then disconnect the usb cable. 100% success rate for me via this method.

whitehawk

Banned
both my sixaxis and ds3 work fine over bluetooth in osx (im running 10.6.8). the way i do it is i make sure bluetooth is on and discoverable, plug the usb cable from the controller to the machine, press the ps button so the lights will start flashing, then disconnect the usb cable. 100% success rate for me via this method.
My Mac always asks me to enter a code on my PS3 controller, but that's impossible =/ I'm running Lion. (10.7.3)

Anustart

Anyone by chance know why dolphin would freeze during Wind Waker when I use the keyboard as the pad? I can't get past the new game start up because the instant I press left to select format 'memory card' dolphin freezes.

TUROK

Hey, I've got a Thinkpad W520 with a Quadro 1000 graphics card, and an on-board Intel graphics card. It's supposed to do automatic switching between the two, but I've got a problem. Dolphin only recognizes the Intel, and not the dedicated graphics card (Intel is the only option under "adapter" in the graphics settings). Anyone know how to get Dolphin to recognize my card?
Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and set Dolphin up to use the Quadro 1000 instead of the Intel IGP.

Nilaul

So Im running dolphin, Im trying to get geist to run. All I get is 1 fps or sometimes 0. VPS Is 50, and It says speed 100

Anyone knows how to fix this?

My PC:

Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-3930K (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P9X79 PRO: INTEL® SOCKET LG2011
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS QUAD-DDR3 1600MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB
KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7970 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4

abusori

So Im running dolphin, Im trying to get geist to run. All I get is 1 fps or sometimes 0. VPS Is 50, and It says speed 100

Anyone knows how to fix this?

My PC:

CPU: i7 3930K @ stock
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro
RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: AMD 7970 3GB

I'll let you know specs are not your problem. Also they're more readable this way, just a tip.

As for the actual problem, looks like Geist just doesn't work worth a damn:
http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com/index.php?title=Geist
Use that wiki to look up any other games you want to try to play as well.

Nilaul

I'll let you know specs are not your problem. Also they're more readable this way, just a tip.

As for the actual problem, looks like Geist just doesn't work worth a damn:
http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com/index.php?title=Geist
Use that wiki to look up any other games you want to try to play as well.

Dam, was look forward to playing that. I guess theres always my homebrewed Wii. Another question though, does it work on any other emulator?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Hello, I'm finally getting around to playing with Dolphin outside of F-Zero and I'm not able to get my Wii Controllers to stay hooked up with the Bluetooth on my PC. I have Win 7 with both the Wiimote with MotionPlus already in it as well as an Afterglow Wiimote. I'm reading about bluetooth stacks and such and I'm at a loss. I just want to play the games, lol. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ok, i was able to get my Afterglow Wiimote to work seamlessly after I purchased a Rocketfish Bluetooth Adaptor at Best Buy but the Wiimote with MotionPlus already in it appears to not be working. In doing some reading, others have come across this issue. Is there a fix that I should be aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated.

linko9

Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and set Dolphin up to use the Quadro 1000 instead of the Intel IGP.

Thanks, I actually figured this out not long after posting... for some reason it wouldn't let me do this for the dolphin revision I was currently using, so I had to get a newer revision.

Nother question: Is F-Zero GX notoriously slow in this emulator? I can only get ~25 out of 60 FPS no matter what settings I use. The thing is I see lots of people with similar or worse specs to mine running the game at full speed. Anyone know if there are specific tricks to getting this game to run at full speed?

Agent Icebeezy

Thanks, I actually figured this out not long after posting... for some reason it wouldn't let me do this for the dolphin revision I was currently using, so I had to get a newer revision.

Nother question: Is F-Zero GX notoriously slow in this emulator? I can only get ~25 out of 60 FPS no matter what settings I use. The thing is I see lots of people with similar or worse specs to mine running the game at full speed. Anyone know if there are specific tricks to getting this game to run at full speed?

I get 60 on it, that is why I was surprised to hear people get less than great results with this game.

jediyoshi

Ok, i was able to get my Afterglow Wiimote to work seamlessly after I purchased a Rocketfish Bluetooth Adaptor at Best Buy but the Wiimote with MotionPlus already in it appears to not be working. In doing some reading, others have come across this issue. Is there a fix that I should be aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What exactly isn't working? What games aren't they working in?

BlackBeetleKing

Neo Member
RE4 (background music still cutting out...)
iqQqknbdQfkBB.jpg

ib0r5uUc1y57Li.jpg

ibjRtvPIYPIENY.jpg

iWazg2hbHbuyV.jpg

ibu6wqpszU5cW3.jpg

if8FYdHnxwZ42.jpg

iCkgIXQSyewSI.jpg

ibnoRBXdVUBxZu.jpg

iGBBWsNjJcTyj.jpg

Can someone who has Mario Party 9 do me a small favor?

Can you grab a nice clean shot of this shot of Diddy:

03g-010.jpg

You can make it 853/4x480 or maybe 1280x720, what ever is a good size.

I wouldn't mind it, and WOW at The Last Story above! :D

Also, does MP9 show the NdCube logo at all? If so, can you grab me the texture of it via the dump texture command please?

Thanks. :)

EGM92

I'm trying to play Donkey Kong Country Returns but the emu is constantly disconnecting my wiimote. It'll work until just after the A+B, the same thing is happening with my Metroid Prime Trilogy, did I rip it wrong? or is it just the emu, I've tried different versions but they all result with the controlle losing connection.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
...strange, works fine for me obviously, unless you blocked the site deliberately before? Or it's a hotlink thing that I don't see since I already saw the image on its site.

Yeah. It was cached for you but if any of us try to view it from GAF it gets blocked.

ChryZ

Finished P.N.03, it ran mostly flawless. There seems to be a bug which makes Dophin crash before the boss of mission9, but I was able to get around that with some AR code wizardry. The game reminded me a lot of Paradroid with its clean(ing) corridors, fair amount of backtracking, but sans the booty ;)

I don't have anything to say against the game's style, but it already looked awful on Wii. It might look good with a texture pack and an object swap, which replaces all objects with Wii-era-like objects instead of Dreamcase-like low-poly objects.
I don't even blame the developers for that, they had to downport the game from Xbox 360 within only a few months...

Do you know of any high-res texture packs for Nights JOD? I'd love to see the game with such a thing.

Hell, I'd love to see what Wii games support it, I know Twilight Princess had one.

Is the entirety of PN03 in black and white? Seriously, it makes Gears of War look like Rayman Origins. I'd imagine it would get pretty depressing to look at after a while.

fernoca

Is the entirety of PN03 in black and white? Seriously, it makes Gears of War look like Rayman Origins. I'd imagine it would get pretty depressing to look at after a while.
Lighting changes between levels, but is part of the whole visual design/sterile look of it.
The color comes in the form of the main character alternate costumes, movements and lasers.

Fits with the whole theme and concepts of the game ...
with the main character living in a world of clones and not knowing is she was one

ChryZ

Nice, someone got it. Such a great moment of revelation.

Even though I never liked the game(mostly because of the gameplay), the game is so stylish. A PN03 spinoff game based on Vanquish would be amazing for me.
I can see why some people don't like it: the controls are uniquely weird (tank2.0) and the gameplay is pretty repetitive. BUT there's also tons of awesome stuff: beautiful animation, stunning interiors, skill based combo/chain system, randomly generated maze-like trial missions, unlockables suits with loads of special attacks. Man, I'd kill for a P.N.03 x Vanquish mash-up.

You gotta see the game in motion and I'm not even talking about the mesmerizing rear end of Vanessa's. The lighting is fantastic.

2San

I can see why some people don't like it: the controls are uniquely weird (tank2.0) and the gameplay is pretty repetitive. BUT there's also tons of awesome stuff: beautiful animation, stunning interiors, skill based combo/chain system, randomly generated maze-like trial missions, unlockables suits with loads of special attacks. Man, I'd kill for a P.N.03 x Vanquish mash-up.
Repetition is the biggest evil, I think. I just got bored with it really quick.

ChryZ

Repetition is the biggest evil, I think. I just got bored with it really quick.
I know, that's the beauty of Dolphin: having the emu ready to go within seconds made it really easy to break up the games into short bursts, a mission here and there. It kept the game fresh and fun. Well, at least for me.

Google is not helping me come up with an answer for this one. I'm using a real wiimote with a nkyo battery-powered sensor bar and a usb bluetooth dongle from isogear. Wiimote syncs up more or less fine. I have fully charged all batteries for the wiimote and sensor bar, and even unplugged my actual wii as a precaution.

However, wiimote sync seems to be super flaky. I'm playing galaxy 2. While I'm playing, I'll notice the cursor seems kinda jumpy; then all of the sudden the wiimote will start to vibrate off and on and lose track. So like my nunchuck stops responding while mario continues to walk in the direction I was holding. The wiimote may buzz continuously for 5 seconds, then it'll work again for a bit. It's very annoying.

Could this be a driver thing? The wiimote seems to pair correctly both in Windows add/remove devices and in dolphin itself. What do I need to do to get a stable connection?? Any help is appreciated!

Agent Icebeezy

OK, i have a toshiba stack, the latest 64 bit build, and my normal controller working. The controller with the wii motionplus inside of it still acts like it doesn't want to sync in dolphin. what am i doing wrong?

Nilaul

Finished P.N.03, it ran mostly flawless. There seems to be a bug which makes Dophin crash before the boss of mission9, but I was able to get around that with some AR code wizardry. The game reminded me a lot of Paradroid with its clean(ing) corridors, fair amount of backtracking, but sans the booty ;)

Dat face... better then These-Gen faces... what on earth happened?

Agent Icebeezy

OK, i have a toshiba stack, the latest 64 bit build, and my normal controller working. The controller with the wii motionplus inside of it still acts like it doesn't want to sync in dolphin. what am i doing wrong?

I see that it syncs with the Toshiba stack, that is all it does though.

LOL thank you, both of you! XD

Looks like it's a sprite/texture, huh. Any chance of a clean rip of it using texture dump?

Also I asked before but I assume the answer is no, does the Nd Cube logo appear at all?

Some guys said that it looks a lot worse than the first metroid prime on gamecube.

They've obviously never seen the Phantoon boss battle.

I'd love to complete my Dolphin playthrough of Other M (mainly to see that fight), but the emulator keeps crashing on me during the cutscene where you meet Madeline Bergman in the Ice Sector.

Top Bottom