• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Chris R
Member
(09-13-2012, 12:36 AM)
Chris R's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorfdad

Can someone please tell me how are we to make changes for specific games without screwing up the settings for other games? DO you all run separate copies / folders of the emulator?? I cant find a way to save specific settings per game!

Apparently you can do this with the ini, but it would be nice if this feature was eventually built into Dolphin, seeing as games usually need a bit of tweaking to run their best :(

I just dial in a single game and play that for awhile instead.
Lettuce
Member
(09-13-2012, 02:06 AM)
Lettuce's Avatar
What are the ideal settings for F-Zero GX on 3.0-766 build? No matter what screen res i select i get choppy frame and stuttering sound!
xJavonta
Member
(09-13-2012, 02:48 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

Yes both ports, and I've tried NTFS and FAT32.

Hmm.

What kind of drive is it? If I remember correctly some Seagate drives have some smart drive technology or something that will conflict with certain applications. Or maybe it's Western Digital.

Originally Posted by skinnyrattler

They didn't state how it would work. I assume am app that you will have to download on both systems or a Nintendo network system update for Wii that is already on the U.

Ahh okay, yeah I'm not sure how it works but I assume it'll be similar to that. At first I was thinking a file transfer using an SD card, but that could lead to piracy.
Dorfdad
Banned
(09-13-2012, 08:11 PM)
Dorfdad's Avatar
Anyone kind enough to give me the command line to auto run the iso? Id like to set this up so it loads and runs the emulator and iso all at once?
xJavonta
Member
(09-13-2012, 09:17 PM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dorfdad

Anyone kind enough to give me the command line to auto run the iso? Id like to set this up so it loads and runs the emulator and iso all at once?

Open up Notepad++ or a notepad and do this

"E:DolphinDolphin.exe" /e "F:DolphinGamesGAMENAME.iso" /b

Then save as .bat. Then use a .bat to .exe converter.
catabarez
Member
(09-13-2012, 09:18 PM)
catabarez's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

Open up Notepad++ or a notepad and do this

"E:DolphinDolphin.exe" /e "F:DolphinGamesGAMENAME.iso" /b

Then save as .bat. Then use a .bat to .exe converter.

Or you could make a shortcut and type that stuff in where it says Target. Nice and fast and what I do with Steam.
xJavonta
Member
(09-14-2012, 06:00 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by catabarez

Or you could make a shortcut and type that stuff in where it says Target. Nice and fast and what I do with Steam.

^^^
That too
Zulithe
Member
(09-15-2012, 10:13 PM)
Zulithe's Avatar
Ordered myself a bluetooth dongle. Fiddled with Dolphin in its early days, but it looks to have improved a TON.
Valjean Lafitte
Banned
(09-17-2012, 04:35 AM)
Valjean Lafitte's Avatar
So, I'm finally hopping aboard the 1080p Wii emulation bliss train.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=18055291

Are these specs good enough to handle most games at at least close-to-max settings?
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(09-17-2012, 04:41 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by RockXLight

So, I'm finally hopping aboard the 1080p Wii emulation bliss train.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=18055291

Are these specs good enough to handle most games at at least close-to-max settings?

Yup.

Just swap your HDD to this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339

The Samsungs are now just Seagate branded drives.
Valjean Lafitte
Banned
(09-17-2012, 05:06 PM)
Valjean Lafitte's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Yup.

Just swap your HDD to this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339

The Samsungs are now just Seagate branded drives.

Sweet. Thanks. :)
Ratrat
Member
(09-18-2012, 07:05 AM)
Ratrat's Avatar
Can you rip wii games without a wii?
Datschge
Member
(09-18-2012, 07:15 PM)
Datschge's Avatar
Yes, but nowadays it's both easier and faster with a Wii.
Valjean Lafitte
Banned
(09-20-2012, 04:11 PM)
Valjean Lafitte's Avatar

Originally Posted by Datschge

Yes, but nowadays it's both easier and faster with a Wii.

Yup. Only takes 15-30 minutes to rip one game.
Arpeggio23
Member
(09-20-2012, 05:51 PM)
I hope someone can help me with this.

I would only be interested in using Dolphin for Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube). Would I actually need any of the following?:

Wiimote (Recommended): many games require motions that cannot be mapped to the keyboard.
Motion+ (Recommended): a real motion+ attachment is required for motion+ games.
Bluetooth Adaptor (Required for Wiimote): view this list to find one compatible with the Wiimote so that it can sync to your PC.
Wireless Sensor Bar (Recommended for Wiimote): so you don't have to use the one attached to your Wii.

I don't want to use any of those things for any reason, even initial setup. So, I would not use Dolphin at all if I had to use any of those things at any time.
Pro
Member
(09-20-2012, 08:18 PM)
Pro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arpeggio23

I hope someone can help me with this.

I would only be interested in using Dolphin for Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube). Would I actually need any of the following?:



I don't want to use any of those things for any reason, even initial setup. So, I would not use Dolphin at all if I had to use any of those things at any time.

No you would not need any of the items listed to play Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia. All can be played using a Gamepad (USB XBOX 360 controller is best) or keyboard.
Arpeggio23
Member
(09-20-2012, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Pro

No you would not need any of the items listed to play Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia. All can be played using a Gamepad (USB XBOX 360 controller is best) or keyboard.

Great, thank you very much!
Necrovex
Member
(09-20-2012, 09:01 PM)
Necrovex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Datschge

Yes, but nowadays it's both easier and faster with a Wii.

Originally Posted by RockXLight

Yup. Only takes 15-30 minutes to rip one game.

I have homebrew for my Wii, how do I exactly rip my Wii games into an iso file? That seems to be my only problem now to get Dolphin working on my desktop.
Shadow Hog
Member
(09-20-2012, 09:06 PM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Necrovex

I have homebrew for my Wii, how do I exactly rip my Wii games into an iso file? That seems to be my only problem now to get Dolphin working on my desktop.

I used CleanRip and an external HDD, myself.
Roo
Member
(09-22-2012, 08:08 AM)
Roo's Avatar
Can someone be kind enough to make some Helena screenshots from Pandora's Tower?
I already have the one posted pages ago but I'd love to see more from this character :P
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(09-22-2012, 09:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Necrovex

I have homebrew for my Wii, how do I exactly rip my Wii games into an iso file? That seems to be my only problem now to get Dolphin working on my desktop.

Under NTFS section.

http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader
TheCongressman1
Member
(09-22-2012, 09:40 AM)
TheCongressman1's Avatar
I didn't say so at the time, but I was able to rip the games with CleanRip and NTFS format. Thanks for the tips, guys!
true Gek
Member
(09-22-2012, 09:43 AM)
true Gek's Avatar
I tested Metroid Prime 2 and it runs arount 20 frames but it has no sound and, well, 20 frames are not so much for this game :S
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(09-22-2012, 08:08 PM)
RurouniZel's Avatar
I'm thinking of getting a new laptop, and if I do I'd probably be purchasing an in-store model rather than going through the hassle of custom builds since I've never custom built one before. What processor should I get? What graphics card should it have? And do they all have mini-HDMI ports these days?
xJavonta
Member
(09-22-2012, 08:47 PM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

I'm thinking of getting a new laptop, and if I do I'd probably be purchasing an in-store model rather than going through the hassle of custom builds since I've never custom built one before. What processor should I get? What graphics card should it have? And do they all have mini-HDMI ports these days?

Processor: any Intel quad really. An i7 would be fantastic.

GPU: I'm not well versed in the laptop GPU department, but I think anything that's not integrated will work fine.

Question 3: Not really, most have standard HDMI.
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(09-22-2012, 08:51 PM)
RurouniZel's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

Processor: any Intel quad really. An i7 would be fantastic.

GPU: I'm not well versed in the laptop GPU department, but I think anything that's not integrated will work fine.

Question 3: Not really, most have standard HDMI.

Thanks! :D Happen to know if AMD or nVidia would be better?
Skyfireblaze
Member
(09-22-2012, 08:57 PM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Thanks! :D Happen to know if AMD or nVidia would be better?

Purely in regard to Dolphin, as far as I know no one has a advantage over the other :)
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(09-22-2012, 09:01 PM)
RurouniZel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skyfireblaze

Purely in regard to Dolphin, as far as I know no one has a advantage over the other :)

Awesome! I'll start my research now! Thanks guys! :D
xJavonta
Member
(09-23-2012, 03:07 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Thanks! :D Happen to know if AMD or nVidia would be better?

Originally Posted by Skyfireblaze

Purely in regard to Dolphin, as far as I know no one has a advantage over the other :)

What he said. I use an ATi/AMD card on my desktop, but I don't think it makes a difference. AMD and Nvidia aren't too far apart when it comes to performance. It's the CPUs (Intel and AMD) that vary in performance

Good luck with the search!
Jarmel
Banned
(09-23-2012, 06:59 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar
I have a question regarding IR against AA.

So I can't do 4xIR and 4xAA. I'm currently doing 3xIR and 3xAA. Would it be worth it to do 4xIR and no AA or keep my setting as is. I'm using a 670 with a 1600p if that matters.
xJavonta
Member
(09-23-2012, 07:04 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarmel

I have a question regarding IR against AA.

So I can't do 4xIR and 4xAA. I'm currently doing 3xIR and 3xAA. Would it be worth it to do 4xIR and no AA or keep my setting as is. I'm using a 670 with a 1600p if that matters.

I would chose the higher IR over higher AA. Higher IR tends to give less jaggies, making AA pretty much an unnecessary luxury
Cannon Goose
Member
(09-23-2012, 12:03 PM)
Cannon Goose's Avatar
So I installed CleanRip and set it to Front SD instead of USB (I thought it was asking me what I was installing it from), is there a way to set it to rip games to USB from this point?

Edit: Ah, right, just load it up again :P
Canis lupus
Banned
(09-23-2012, 12:10 PM)
Why does MK DD miss audio after the 1st lap?
xJavonta
Member
(09-23-2012, 04:48 PM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cannon Goose

So I installed CleanRip and set it to Front SD instead of USB (I thought it was asking me what I was installing it from), is there a way to set it to rip games to USB from this point?

Edit: Ah, right, just load it up again :P

Glad you got it figured out!

Originally Posted by TurkishEmperor

Why does MK DD miss audio after the 1st lap?

I'm not sure, I have the same problem. Anyone out there know a fix?
Necrovex
Member
(09-23-2012, 04:51 PM)
Necrovex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

I used CleanRip and an external HDD, myself.

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Under NTFS section.

http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

You're the best, guys. Winter break will hopefully open up a new slew of games for me. And maybe I'll finally play Xenoblade.
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(09-23-2012, 08:11 PM)
Corky's Avatar
Been out of the dolphin loop for a while since I checked last time...

but, is it possible to play SMG1/2 without having the music cutting off nowadays?
xJavonta
Member
(09-23-2012, 11:13 PM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

Been out of the dolphin loop for a while since I checked last time...

but, is it possible to play SMG1/2 without having the music cutting off nowadays?

I don't have that problem in SMG2, don't own 1 so I wouldn't know about that
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(09-23-2012, 11:23 PM)
Corky's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

I don't have that problem in SMG2, don't own 1 so I wouldn't know about that

I'm guessing you dumped LLE or w/e people do to avoid music cutoff?

Also, what settings would you recommend for smg2? I'm getting some odd performances, the more I crank up the internal resolution , from 1x up to 4x native resolution, the better and less jittery my game's performance is.
xJavonta
Member
(09-23-2012, 11:30 PM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

I'm guessing you dumped LLE or w/e people do to avoid music cutoff?

Also, what settings would you recommend for smg2? I'm getting some odd performances, the more I crank up the internal resolution , from 1x up to 4x native resolution, the better and less jittery my game's performance is.

Nope, I left all the audio settings at default, frame limit at 60. As for my internal resolution, I have it set to Auto (Window Size) and everything is fine. A hiccup here and there every so often but other than that it's smooth
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(09-24-2012, 12:09 AM)
Corky's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

Nope, I left all the audio settings at default, frame limit at 60. As for my internal resolution, I have it set to Auto (Window Size) and everything is fine. A hiccup here and there every so often but other than that it's smooth

Really? I thought the music cut-off was one of the "staples" of smg running through dolphin.
Rufus
Member
(09-24-2012, 12:55 AM)
Rufus's Avatar
You could be talking about different versions.
xJavonta
Member
(09-24-2012, 02:12 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

Really? I thought the music cut-off was one of the "staples" of smg running through dolphin.

I don't know, I don't recall experiencing it. If I did I would have been bitching about it here.

Originally Posted by Rufus

You could be talking about different versions.

Possibly. I have the PAL version.
Remij
Member
(09-24-2012, 02:21 AM)
Remij's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

I'm guessing you dumped LLE or w/e people do to avoid music cutoff?

Also, what settings would you recommend for smg2? I'm getting some odd performances, the more I crank up the internal resolution , from 1x up to 4x native resolution, the better and less jittery my game's performance is.

I use 2.5x native res and 4xAA and the game runs smooth and looks amazing.

I'm using the DSP LLE recompiler and the sound is perfect all the way through.

Also, I have dolphin and my games on an SSD which seems to have eliminated the odd hickups I used to have on my old machine.

Specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
i7 3930k @ 4.9ghz (watercooled)
2x 680gtx SLI oc'd
16gb G. Skill 2133 CL9


Here's some pics I just recently took:







chaosblade
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:20 AM)
chaosblade's Avatar
F-Zero GX at about full speed, so good. (2500k @ 4.5GHz)

Not quite perfect. Framerate tanks on Sand Ocean when going through the tunnel and occasionally elsewhere at random, briefly. Lightning also didn't quite maintain a full 60FPS throughout (jumped throughout the 50s, but was still playable enough), but the other three tracks from Ruby Cup did. Both of those have effects going on, but with optimal settings those end up disabled (Skip EBF Access from CPU checked).

30 FPS during the race countdown as well most of the time, but it jumps to 60 right when it starts. Sometimes that doesn't happen, don't know what's up with that.

No screenshots, was too busy racing. Tried to get a video but apparently this game doesn't like that.
Rufus
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:35 AM)
Rufus's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

Possibly. I have the PAL version.

Of Dolphin, I mean.
Cannon Goose
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:45 AM)
Cannon Goose's Avatar
Any tips on running Monster Hunter Tri at a solid 30? It's dips to 25 fps a lot even if I run it at the game's native internal resolution. 4xNative at 1080p and it still dips in the same spots.

I'm only on an i5-2320 3.00GHz that can't be overclocked, so I'm afraid I might be out of luck.
Dwayne
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:46 AM)
Dwayne's Avatar
Has anyone taken screens of Speed Racer? must look awesome on Dolphin :D
TrounceX
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:57 AM)
TrounceX's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

But a better GPU will help you raise the internal resolution and you can force AA through your GPUs control panel to limit the load on your CPU.

Someone care to elaborate on this a bit?

I added Dolphin.exe to the program settings in the Nvidia control panel, like you would for a normal PC game, but it doesn't seem to be working...must be a different way to do it.
xJavonta
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:05 AM)
xJavonta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rufus

Of Dolphin, I mean.

Ahh I see. I don't have the exact version since I'm not at my PC but it's about a month old at this point.

Originally Posted by TrounceX

Someone care to elaborate on this a bit?

I added Dolphin.exe to the program settings in the Nvidia control panel, like you would for a normal PC game, but it doesn't seem to be working...must be a different way to do it.

I can't really be of much help there, I don't use AA in Dolphin. But there have been numerous posts in the thread of people with sucess doing it. I would assume the Sethos has done it.

Higher IR is a good substitute for AA, the higher the IR, the less jaggies. So if you don't have luck with forcing AA I'd keep that in mind
TrounceX
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:12 AM)
TrounceX's Avatar

Originally Posted by xJavonta

Ahh I see. I don't have the exact version since I'm not at my PC but it's about a month old at this point.

I can't really be of much help there, I don't use AA in Dolphin. But there have been numerous posts in the thread of people with sucess doing it. I would assume the Sethos has done it.

Higher IR is a good substitute for AA, the higher the IR, the less jaggies. So if you don't have luck with forcing AA I'd keep that in mind

Oh ok thanks, I'll dig into the thread a bit more.

And I'm already at 4x resolution, but my monitor is also 1440p. I can tell the difference right away if I enable 2xAA in dolphin, but then I get some slight slowdown. If I could put that AA onto my GPU that would be amazing.

Thread Tools