• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

coopolon
(01-08-2013, 12:59 PM)

Originally Posted by nOoblet16

Ok so the last time I tried metroid prime trilogy in Dolphin it never worked, apparently something to do with Dolphin not being able to find the .exe files because the launcher for all three games was from a menu once you run the game.

What I want to know is, has there been a fix for this ?

There are ways to get around the problem as described here

Still seems like a headache to me though.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-08-2013, 01:12 PM)

Foffy
(01-08-2013, 08:33 PM)
I figured I'd try asking here, even though I've barely gotten any help from you guys so far. I have no idea what my issues with Dolphin and using actual Wii controllers is, but I can only guess and maybe assume it's the Bluetooth dongle I have. I have a Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter Version 4.0 with WIDCOMM drivers for it. I believe it might be the dongle as it can help sync up the controllers, Dolphin does not have the ability of using or recognizing any input on them, and using other stacking drivers like the Toshiba Stack, it actually doesn't even recognize my dongle as even being on. So, if any of you guys can recommend the dongles you use for play and can verify they work in Dolphin, that would be wonderful. I'm sort of peeved that I really build up a good rig so that I can play all of the games I wanted and there's an entire library I wanted to play at HD levels just sitting there.
coopolon
(01-08-2013, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Foffy

I figured I'd try asking here, even though I've barely gotten any help from you guys so far. I have no idea what my issues with Dolphin and using actual Wii controllers is, but I can only guess and maybe assume it's the Bluetooth dongle I have. I have a Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter Version 4.0 with WIDCOMM drivers for it. I believe it might be the dongle as it can help sync up the controllers, Dolphin does not have the ability of using or recognizing any input on them, and using other stacking drivers like the Toshiba Stack, it actually doesn't even recognize my dongle as even being on. So, if any of you guys can recommend the dongles you use for play and can verify they work in Dolphin, that would be wonderful. I'm sort of peeved that I really build up a good rig so that I can play all of the games I wanted and there's an entire library I wanted to play at HD levels just sitting there.

I use the Asus BT211. Super cheap. It's weird though, before I plugged it in I was researching it and people on the dolphin forums were give this super long list of crazy steps you have to take to get it working. I just installed the official drivers off the webiste, plugged it in and it worked right away. Windows 7 64 bit here.

One thing you have to look out for though is if you use motioninjoy, that thing will wreck your bluetooth drivers if you installed it wrong.
Foffy
(01-08-2013, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by coopolon

One thing you have to look out for though is if you use motioninjoy, that thing will wreck your bluetooth drivers if you installed it wrong.

Uh oh, I use motionjoy...care to explain? Maybe that's my issue. The dongle used to work well, so I figured something was up.

EDIT: I had Motionjoy before I had the bluetooth dongle, but I'm not sure if having Motionjoy enabled messed anything up now.
Last edited by Foffy; 01-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.
coopolon
(01-08-2013, 11:07 PM)

Uh oh, I use motionjoy...care to explain? Maybe that's my issue. The dongle used to work well, so I figured something was up.

EDIT: I had Motionjoy before I had the bluetooth dongle, but I'm not sure if having Motionjoy enabled messed anything up now.

I have to admit if MotionInJoy was isnstalled before the dongle that makes me think it's not a MIJ problem, unless you told MIJ to install drivers again afterwards but it can't hurt to try.

My understanding is you have to uninstall the dongle and all the drivers that came with it, uninstall the MIJ DS3 tool, uninstall the MIJ drivers, then reinstall the BT dongle and drivers and see if it works then. Then if you still want to use MIJ as well for USB connections unplug the dongle, install MIJ, then reconnect the dongle but make sure you don't tell MIJ to install drivers for the dongle.

My understanding is that you cannot use MIJ on a bluetooth dongle and also have other things connect to the dongle.

This is all based on my limited experiences though, so I don't claim any expertise.
Foffy
(01-08-2013, 11:31 PM)

I have to admit if MotionInJoy was isnstalled before the dongle that makes me think it's not a MIJ problem, unless you told MIJ to install drivers again afterwards but it can't hurt to try.

My understanding is you have to uninstall the dongle and all the drivers that came with it, uninstall the MIJ DS3 tool, uninstall the MIJ drivers, then reinstall the BT dongle and drivers and see if it works then. Then if you still want to use MIJ as well for USB connections unplug the dongle, install MIJ, then reconnect the dongle but make sure you don't tell MIJ to install drivers for the dongle.

My understanding is that you cannot use MIJ on a bluetooth dongle and also have other things connect to the dongle.

This is all based on my limited experiences though, so I don't claim any expertise.

I recently got a new motherboard so I had to reinstall a lot of drivers. I figure that may have caused this potential issue to arise. I'll try removing MIJ, the BT stuff, and just try the BT stuff on its own. All of these drivers are in Device Manager, no?
coopolon
(01-09-2013, 12:00 AM)

I recently got a new motherboard so I had to reinstall a lot of drivers. I figure that may have caused this potential issue to arise. I'll try removing MIJ, the BT stuff, and just try the BT stuff on its own. All of these drivers are in Device Manager, no?

Mij is a real pain to install. I think their are directions on their wiki about the order to remove them, just a heads up I had to un install the mij devices in device manager like three times before it took.
Foffy
(01-09-2013, 12:51 AM)

Mij is a real pain to install. I think their are directions on their wiki about the order to remove them, just a heads up I had to un install the mij devices in device manager like three times before it took.

Hmm...I don't think it's Motionjoy. Still having the issues after I wiped the Bluetooth drivers, and just to see if my issue still arose, not even Motionjoy is recognizing the dongle after I reinstalled that too..

EDIT: Though I believe all it's ever attempted to install was the USB driver, never Bluetooth. Must it be a driver issue? Googling some results have it where Dolphin does not recognize the Wiimote at ALL. It can recognize it, and can vibrate, but when it comes to the games is when it falls the fuck apart and stops working. Shouldn't that be an issue of the dongle maybe not being able to carry all of the data?

EDIT 2: I'll buy the dongle you did. If it fails, something seriously is up. But I can at least scoff one to my brother for him to play Dolphin on his PC if I get the same issue, as it must be something else.
Last edited by Foffy; 01-09-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Sax Russel
(01-10-2013, 09:42 PM)
Finished replaying Metroid Prime 1-3 on Dolphin. Definitely some of the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo platform. I love Dolphin.

Albums!

1 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=usGr4qYg
2 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=fvESt4x4
3 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=aOJA0Emk
boutdown
(01-10-2013, 09:43 PM)
That looks really good.
coopolon
(01-10-2013, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Sax Russel

Finished replaying Metroid Prime 1-3 on Dolphin. Definitely some of the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo platform. I love Dolphin.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Were you playing the Wii version of MP1 and 2 or the GC version? (Sorry if this is obvious from the screenshots you took, I've not played them in forever so if it is I missed it.)
Whogie
(01-10-2013, 09:59 PM)
Since the Wii U doesn't have Gamecube support, and I wanted to closet my Wii, I've been using this instead. I've got my PC hooked up to the TV with HDMI and a wireless 360 controller. I have homebrew on the Wii which let me rip my Gamecube discs and saves.

It's running great so far with the exception of F-Zero. I have a good PC (i7 860 @3.5, GTX 670), but F-Zero runs at 30-40fps with very choppy audio no matter what I try. Even at 480p.
Sax Russel
(01-10-2013, 10:12 PM)

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Were you playing the Wii version of MP1 and 2 or the GC version? (Sorry if this is obvious from the screenshots you took, I've not played them in forever so if it is I missed it.)

GC

Originally Posted by Whogie

Since the Wii U doesn't have Gamecube support, and I wanted to closet my Wii, I've been using this instead. I've got my PC hooked up to the TV with HDMI and a wireless 360 controller. I have homebrew on the Wii which let me rip my Gamecube discs and saves.

It's running great so far with the exception of F-Zero. I have a good PC (i7 860 @3.5, GTX 670), but F-Zero runs at 30-40fps with very choppy audio no matter what I try. Even at 480p.

Right click on F-Zero in Dolphin > Properties and check the box for Enable Dual Core, if you haven't. I think it's set to off by default and it will override your config setting. If it's been set then your CPU just probably isn't fast enough =X
Whogie
(01-10-2013, 10:20 PM)
Oh thanks. I didn't know specific games had properties.
(Oh cool. There's also a compress ISO option there too.)
Last edited by Whogie; 01-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Grassy
(01-11-2013, 05:41 AM)
Fucking hell, that looks great. What is the reasoning behind why it won't work in Dolphin?
Miker
(01-11-2013, 06:00 AM)

Albums!

1 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=usGr4qYg
2 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=fvESt4x4
3 - http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=aOJA0Emk

Whoa, Metroid Prime 3 works on Dolphin? And you played it through to completion? Judging from the wiki, it had a whole pile of problems.
Trevelyan9999
(01-11-2013, 06:14 AM)

Here's a little something else. It's completely and thoroughly unplayable and crashes like it's trying as hard as possible to win an instability contest. Still. Imagine if it actually worked =O

Rogue Leader

The rest:

http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2013-01-0115-1bujmk.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2013-01-0116-0wyjfz.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2013-01-0117-2xukjy.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-3016-0x7j69.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-3016-5ghjzz.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-3016-2cij60.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2013-01-0711-47bkt8.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2013-01-1021-0fjxy0.png

Nintendo HAS to release this on the Wii U Virtual Console, I'd pay $60 for that shit. O_O
boutdown
(01-11-2013, 06:23 AM)
Wii U wouldn't produce something that visually impressive on VC.
Kokonoe
Banned
(01-11-2013, 06:27 AM)
Has anyone gotten Hamachi to work with the Mario Kart Double Dash via BBA Lan?
Orayn
(01-11-2013, 06:28 AM)
Increased resolution for GC VC games isn't guaranteed, but it wouldn't be without precedent. Many N64 VC games render at a full 480p, up from 320x240.
Sax Russel
(01-11-2013, 07:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Grassy

Fucking hell, that looks great. What is the reasoning behind why it won't work in Dolphin?

Factor 5 used a ton of programming hacks to push the visuals out of the GameCube that it did and Dolphin just doesn't handle it well/at all. Maybe one day.

Originally Posted by Miker

Whoa, Metroid Prime 3 works on Dolphin? And you played it through to completion? Judging from the wiki, it had a whole pile of problems.

Yep and yep. The things on the Wiki are either fixed (crashes), non-issues/not gamebreaking (audio, dot, black bar), or have workarounds (door pixelation-D3D11, visors-EFB to RAM).
Whogie
(01-11-2013, 08:43 AM)
Dual core almost fixed F-Zero. 55-60FPS now.

(Culled the black)
The kid was talking about Fire Emblum earlier :P

Love this game so far. The rough edges are easy to ignore.
Last edited by Whogie; 01-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Bjoern the Smexy
(01-11-2013, 08:46 AM)

Originally Posted by boutdown

Wii U wouldn't produce something that visually impressive on VC.

Considering Rogue Leader is a GameCube game and a GameCube VC has been hinted at by Iwata himself, it may not be entirely impossible for this game to get a VC release and thus also producing the graphical awesomeness.

I recently bought this game for 10€ and I am amazed. I never saw this game in action and seeing how it produces graphics that weren't the norm until 5 years later.

Factor 5 really were super friggin' awesome.

EDIT:
@Paper Mario 2 above:
Yuck, those edges!
This game could really use an HD texture pack. And less compressed textures.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(01-11-2013, 11:48 AM)
I seem to recall Paper Mario TTYD looking better than that on Dolphin. Is there no way to get some anti-aliasing on those edges?

this is freaking amazing! Didn't know you could get this far in the game on dolphin?
Any special config? (besides using a savestate I presume..)
Sax Russel
(01-11-2013, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by gumby_trucker

I seem to recall Paper Mario TTYD looking better than that on Dolphin. Is there no way to get some anti-aliasing on those edges?

this is freaking amazing! Didn't know you could get this far in the game on dolphin?
Any special config? (besides using a savestate I presume..)

Save state spamming while entering the passcode to unlock all the levels, since it crashes like 10 times even trying to do that =P Alternating save states every letter, cause sometimes it likes to crash as you try to save state, corrupting that one. Pretty lulz all around. Some of the planet based levels you can play to completion (as evidenced by that shot and the Imperial Academy one) but they have their own graphical glitches and issues too. Space levels won't render anything more than 10 feet in front of you so they're impossible.
BlackBeetleKing
(01-12-2013, 04:12 PM)
RE4 (SweetFX & Hi-res texture)

micster
(01-12-2013, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Kokonoe

Has anyone gotten Hamachi to work with the Mario Kart Double Dash via BBA Lan?

Can you use Open VPN? That's what Dolphin suggests. I've done a video tutorial of how I set up my LAN and how to bypass error messages if it'd help anyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o1ipdE4hlI
Kokonoe
Banned
(01-12-2013, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by micster

Can you use Open VPN? That's what Dolphin suggests. I've done a video tutorial of how I set up my LAN and how to bypass error messages if it'd help anyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o1ipdE4hlI

I'm trying to get it to work via two computers over the internet.
micster
(01-12-2013, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Kokonoe

I'm trying to get it to work via two computers over the internet.

Ah gotcha, I was attempting that but couldnt make much progress
Rufus
(01-13-2013, 12:31 AM)

Originally Posted by hateradio

Why not just play the PC version? Is this version better?

The PC version is a bad port of the PS2 version, which has less detailed geometry and textures than the GC version.
jediyoshi
(01-13-2013, 12:33 AM)

It's better. More options, let's having to futz around with things depending on what you want to do.
chunk3rvd
(01-13-2013, 11:12 PM)
Recently picked up a laptop with the following spec - i3 2.4 GHz, 6GB ram, 1GB GT 630M. Do I stand a cat in hell's chance of running much on this with a reasonable frame rate?

Not looking to play much taxing - just feel like revisiting Monkey Ball 1 & 2 on the GC and would only be outputting to my TV at 720p
Backfoggen
(01-13-2013, 11:14 PM)

It supports Dolby ProLogic 2 for one which is the only way to get surround sound in any RE4 version.
Pat
(01-13-2013, 11:24 PM)

Right click on F-Zero in Dolphin > Properties and check the box for Enable Dual Core, if you haven't. I think it's set to off by default and it will override your config setting.

I want to kiss you right now.
lostinblue
(01-13-2013, 11:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Rufus

The PC version is a bad port of the PS2 version, which has less detailed geometry and textures than the GC version.

Particle effects and lighting are also better on the GC, those were written around the TEV pipeline really so they didn't come across intact in ports.

There's also stories that RE4 actually had light scattering on the GC.
coopolon
(01-14-2013, 11:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Backfoggen

It supports Dolby ProLogic 2 for one which is the only way to get surround sound in any RE4 version.

How do you get prologic 2 out of dolphin?
Madnesslink5
(01-14-2013, 12:23 PM)

Right click on F-Zero in Dolphin > Properties and check the box for Enable Dual Core

Thankyou so much!
Backfoggen
(01-14-2013, 12:33 PM)

How do you get prologic 2 out of dolphin?

You just get it out of the emulated game. To actually get the surround signal you need a receiver that decodes it.
coopolon
(01-14-2013, 01:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Backfoggen

You just get it out of the emulated game. To actually get the surround signal you need a receiver that decodes it.

I don't get pro logic 2 out of dolphin over HDMI with re4 and ,y receiver definitely supports it. After researching a bit I was under the impression dolphin can't do it.
Sanjay
(01-14-2013, 03:11 PM)

What kind of performance did you get with Metriod Prime 2 FPS wise? how playable was it? hassle free? crash free? and the final demand, please post your settings :D
Last edited by Sanjay; 01-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Sax Russel
(01-14-2013, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Sanjay

What kind of performance did you get with Metriod Prime 2 FPS wise? how playable was it? hassle free? crash free? and the final demand, please post your settings :D

60 about ~95% of the time. Short dips here and there. On a 2500k @ 4.4

Completely playable, hassle and crash free.

Settings were mostly the defaults. Audio still HLE. EFB to RAM for the visors (but that's in the game's config so it will be set regardless). For graphics I used D3D11, force 16:9, 2.5x native, 8 samples AA, 16x AF, and the widescreen hack.
televator
(01-14-2013, 09:07 PM)
Those SW, RE, and Metroid screens. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck! Orgasmic.
Deku Tree
(01-14-2013, 09:08 PM)
How does RE4 Wii Dolphin compare to RE4 HD PS3? Thanks!
Miker
(01-14-2013, 09:13 PM)

60 about ~95% of the time. Short dips here and there. On a 2500k @ 4.4

Completely playable, hassle and crash free.

Settings were mostly the defaults. Audio still HLE. EFB to RAM for the visors (but that's in the game's config so it will be set regardless). For graphics I used D3D11, force 16:9, 2.5x native, 8 samples AA, 16x AF, and the widescreen hack.

Could I bother you for your Metroid Prime 3 settings? Thanks!
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(01-14-2013, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

How does RE4 Wii Dolphin compare to RE4 HD PS3? Thanks!

Destroys it handily.
suikodan
(01-14-2013, 09:38 PM)
Is there a website that details on how to get RE4 Wii running on Dolphin with the specified mods?

I tried getting the PC version "upgraded" but got an error with the hires movies.
Backfoggen
(01-14-2013, 09:42 PM)

I don't get pro logic 2 out of dolphin over HDMI with re4 and ,y receiver definitely supports it. After researching a bit I was under the impression dolphin can't do it.

Try the LLE Recompiler under DSP settings. It works for me that way. Without it there's no actual rear channels for me either.