• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Drac

Thank you gumby_trucker for giving me the files. Here is a Rapidshare Link for anyone else in my position.

Thanks !
I made myself a small program to rename all file from GZLE01 to GZLP01 since I own the PAL version. It seems some textures apply correctly but some don't. I guess there's more to change between version :( But from what works, it looks great !

Ah also, for true widescreen in Wind Waker (no 4:3 popping), use those AR code instead of the widescreen hack:
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - NTSC
D3MC-RD04-JACXK
G1N3-CXH2-TMF6K

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) - PAL
KNVC-VY59-WXF91
FM7X-QJAM-48NGB

(Credits to slax65 from the dolphin forum, thank you random dude from the past, and thank you based google)

Works wonder for the PAL version :)

whitehawk

Banned
Nothing will run (properly) on it. It's a work in progress and the developer is working hard on it. Check out the android forum on the Dolphin website for more info.
Well yeah of course. I don't expect anything to be playable right now, but it's still cool to see. I was able to get Super Mario Sunshine to run. It ran at about 0.3 FPS, but it worked. No graphical glitches either.

sruckus

Anyone have ideal settings for NSMB Wii? I am running it on a Quad Core Intel (not i3,5,7) and HD6450 and trying to play at 1080P and things seem to display fine (although I am avg. more around 40fps), but Mario runs and jumps slow and sort of comes back down slow. Can my graphics card just not handle the game at 1080P or is there something I need to set?

Thanks!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone have ideal settings for NSMB Wii? I am running it on a Quad Core Intel (not i3,5,7) and HD6450 and trying to play at 1080P and things seem to display fine (although I am avg. more around 40fps), but Mario runs and jumps slow and sort of comes back down slow. Can my graphics card just not handle the game at 1080P or is there something I need to set?

Thanks!

Unless you're locked at 60fps, the game just runs slower. It has to render every single frame, so if it's rendering 40fps, the game will me moving at 66% speed. Lower the resolution, the Anti-aliasing, or anything else that may be running it hard.

vvise

This thread saved me buying a Wii just to play Xenoblade and The Last Story. I have both running no problem now at 2x Native / 4x SSAA / 4x Anisotropic at 1080p. Looks like Xeno is locked to 25 and Last is locked to 30 fps. No slowdowns sitting at 100% full time :)

Using a 2600k with a GTX670.

Now if only I can get MotionJoy to stop uninstalling my bluetooth drivers I can move to the couch and throw it up on the TV and receiver and enjoy my new HD Wii.

Is there somewhere I can donate to?

rjc571

Banned
This thread saved me buying a Wii just to play Xenoblade and The Last Story. I have both running no problem now at 2x Native / 4x SSAA / 4x Anisotropic at 1080p. Looks like Xeno is locked to 25 and Last is locked to 30 fps. No slowdowns sitting at 100% full time :)

Using a 2600k with a GTX670.

Now if only I can get MotionJoy to stop uninstalling my bluetooth drivers I can move to the couch and throw it up on the TV and receiver and enjoy my new HD Wii.

Is there somewhere I can donate to?

This forum doesn't support piracy, so you should shy away from mentioning that you use Dolphin without owning a Wii, since a Wii is required to obtain a legal backup of your games to use with Dolphin. Just FYI.

Also there's a patch to convert your PAL copy of the Xenoblade iso to NTSC so that it'll run at 30 fps rather than 25. You should look around for it.

Garteal

This forum doesn't support piracy, so you should shy away from mentioning that you use Dolphin without owning a Wii, since a Wii is required to obtain a legal backup of your games to use with Dolphin. Just FYI.
It's perfectly legal to use Dolphin without owning a Wii since you can backup your games without owning a Wii. You need a DVD drive with a specific model though. Just FYI.

kuYuri

So I've played Twilight Princess for awhile now and it was relatively smooth, but lately have noticed that my framerate gets in the high teens when I'm in Hyrule Field. Would updating to the latest version of Dolphin mitigate this? Would my game saves/save states still work with this new version?

So I've played Twilight Princess for awhile now and it was relatively smooth, but lately have noticed that my framerate gets in the high teens when I'm in Hyrule Field. Would updating to the latest version of Dolphin mitigate this? Would my game saves/save states still work with this new version?

Well known bug that has yet to be resolved. Barely any people are able to get over 20 fps in Hyrule Field, need a seriously strong gaming rig to do so.

kuYuri

Well known bug that has yet to be resolved. Barely any people are able to get over 20 fps in Hyrule Field, need a seriously strong gaming rig to do so.

Gotcha. I could have sworn I was more or less locked at 30 around the time I first started, but only started noticing it dipping in the 20s or teens recently. Oh well, thanks for the quick response.

rjc571

Banned
It's perfectly legal to use Dolphin without owning a Wii since you can backup your games without owning a Wii. You need a DVD drive with a specific model though. Just FYI.

I'm aware of this, but the DVD drive model that can read Wii games went out of production years ago and the odds that the poster owns one are virtually zero.

Yaska

I too would like to know if anyone has a flawless working config for Skies. Best RPG to date still :)

So far from my testing there isn't a perfect setup ( game will crash), but for audio you should use LLE plugin, use framelimiter on auto, but disable the box for limit by fps. OGL seems to be the best graphic mode. I'll test a bit 'til I get to overworld which will really explain how it all works.

Edit: you get faster performance with HLE, which won't slow down the overworld map so badly. Other than that, the default settings work quite fine for me so far.

Gotcha. I could have sworn I was more or less locked at 30 around the time I first started, but only started noticing it dipping in the 20s or teens recently. Oh well, thanks for the quick response.

Yeah, apparently there's one point earlier in the game where you can get into Hyrule Field and not notice too much of an fps drop, but once you trigger a certain (required) event, from then on the fps is noticeably less in Hyrule Field.

Garteal

What are your specs?

That's normal by the way. Hyrule Field gets REALLY demanding the further you get into the game.
Even with my 2500K at 4.5GHz I'm having a hard time maintaining 30FPS with a 100% completion save.

You can try other builds and see whether you get better performance for yourself if you have a decent CPU.
Your save states won't work on any other version, but your save games will of course.

there's always this equally amazing project for fans of the original style..

Twilight Princess Retexture Project

8461536_orig.png

9925618_orig.png
5120483_orig.png

9165343_orig.png
5106442_orig.png

8007034_orig.png

They dont even get the colors right.

Yaska

So decided that I finally have some time to play this game again and got it working quite neatly ( apart from HLE audio being imperfect) Using OGL, 8x AA, 16x AF, 2.5x internal resolution, running stable at 25fps (PAL version) Completed the first dungeon, so apart from mainly audio hiccups, the game so far seems playable.

Also sorry if I put too many screenshots in this post.

jediyoshi

So decided that I finally have some time to play this game again and got it working quite neatly ( apart from HLE audio being imperfect) Using OGL, 8x AA, 16x AF, 2.5x internal resolution, running stable at 25fps (PAL version) Completed the first dungeon, so apart from mainly audio hiccups, the game so far seems playable.

You're usually better off pumping up the internal resolution and lowering AA, can get better performance and sometimes better IQ.

Yaska

You're usually better off pumping up the internal resolution and lowering AA, can get better performance and sometimes better IQ.

Yeah I know, but was just a quick & dirty setup to get it working properly, will try with additional settings to see how far I can get.

Edit: Seems to work just fine with 4x internal reso and 8x AA, seems with HLE the audio corrupts after a while, so it's playable, but not perfect.

Mistle

Man, whenever I see an image of SoA, I just wanna replay it (again). One of my favourite games, it's got so much spirit.

Pro

Thanks for your work on this Yaska. Skies is one of my all-time favs. Much appreciated. Still wish the Audio would get completely worked out in some later Dolphin Revision.

Yaska

Thanks for your work on this Yaska. Skies is one of my all-time favs. Much appreciated. Still wish the Audio would get completely worked out in some later Dolphin Revision.

OpenAL seems to work better when on HLE, but I experienced more freezes with that. LLE, and beefy cpu is still the best bet. (I'm using the latest rev of dolphin, which can be found on the website).

Also I've reached Maramba, So so far with the exception of few freezes, that are either due OpenAL or me playing with infinite money (I am lazy.) code, game has worked just fine most of the time.

Mr. Hyde

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sensor bar to use with dolphin? I could split my sensor's wires and try to splice it with a usb cable but I don't want to ruin my wii's sensor for naught.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone have a link to that Dolphin gui which you can set custom pad configs? I saw it earlier in the thread but couldn't find it.

Tenck

Trying to play Xenoblade and I just remember the CC PRO connected to the Wii Mote. Anyway to just have it read my Xbox controller and have it imitate the CC Pro without connecting a Wii Mote?

Rufus

Trying to play Xenoblade and I just remember the CC PRO connected to the Wii Mote. Anyway to just have it read my Xbox controller and have it imitate the CC Pro without connecting a Wii Mote?
Yeah, just configure it as the classic controller under the Wiimote option. You don't need to connect a Wiimote to make it work. The 360 controller will show up as an XInput device. There's a texture mod that changes the UI to show 360 buttons, but I don't have a link handy right now.

Tenck

Yeah, just configure it as the classic controller under the Wiimote option. You don't need to connect a Wiimote to make it work. The 360 controller will show up as an XInput device. There's a texture mod that changes the UI to show 360 buttons, but I don't have a link handy right now.

Thanks a bunch.

Playing through Xenoblade all over again feels good.

Reallink

Hey guys, can anyone upload their Last Story Xbox controller profile (Dolphin Folder > User > Config > Profile > Wiimote)? I hate trying to build these things myself.

Can anyone with Sonic Colors in NA or JP do me a favor and grab the Project Sonic Colors logo in the credits please?

I want it as Project Sonic Colors without the "u" (or it'd be Project Sonic Colours).

ymmv

Banned
Hey guys, can anyone upload their Last Story Xbox controller profile (Dolphin Folder > User > Config > Profile > Wiimote)? I hate trying to build these things myself.

What's the latest on Last Story on Dolphin BTW? Is it completely playable yet? No hacks needed?

Top Bottom