• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Gwanatu T
(09-30-2011, 09:13 PM)
So I'm ready to jump on the Dolphin train and get this puppy looking good on my plasma. I've found that most of my games will work, but I can't find anything related to Boom Blox anywhere. This is a must, as those two are easily some of the best Wii games out there. Anyone try to run these?
Thrakier
(09-30-2011, 11:14 PM)
That's not fair. Now I can finally run SMG2 @100speed with beautiful crispy GFX and...there is no MUSIC. WHAT THE HELL? :( Sad panda here.
Nabs
(09-30-2011, 11:16 PM)
Gotta switch to LLE Audio. Google it and read up on it.
Thrakier
(09-30-2011, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Nabs

Gotta switch to LLE Audio. Google it and read up on it.

Yeah, i did that, but Audio is not perfect. As soon as the framerate drops a bit the music drops as well and starts stuttering...happens quite often. Don't know if it's my system...
Gvaz
Banned
(09-30-2011, 11:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Thrakier

Yeah, i did that, but Audio is not perfect. As soon as the framerate drops a bit the music drops as well and starts stuttering...happens quite often. Don't know if it's my system...

It's just how it is. Everyone gets that a bit. Emulation is not perfect.
Thrakier
(09-30-2011, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Gvaz

It's just how it is. Everyone gets that a bit. Emulation is not perfect.

So...it's not my system?

It's supposed to havbe some overclock feature to 3,4 GHZ but I don't know how to activate it...and now my dlophin just crashed. -.- Definitly runs better without DSP LLE.

EDIT:

Weird, thought it was LLE but it's running about the same with HLE, maybe 2-3 frames less. So is this just the "normal" SMG2 performance which has framedrops in game? I'm in the 2nd world btw, there are some scenes where it drops to 50 to 55. BTW HLE audio was just working fine, stopped after 4 minutes or so...but till this point everything was fine.
Last edited by Thrakier; 10-01-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Lonely1
(10-01-2011, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Leondexter

On that topic, if anyone has experience the insane buzzing problem and fixed it, help me out! Thanks.

Using LLE solved the buzzing problem for me, it seems. My only concern is that its use causes slowdowns during the emulation, I wanted to overclock my i7 2600k to see if I can achieve a near perfect emulation but i have an H67 board. (wanted to use the HDMI out..)

So is this just the "normal" SMG2 performance which has framedrops in game?

I don't recall any noticeable framerate drops in SMG2 on Wii.
Last edited by Lonely1; 10-01-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Niblet
(10-01-2011, 04:58 AM)
Anyone know if the bluetooth adapter on the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo works with this?
Azar
(10-01-2011, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Niblet

Anyone know if the bluetooth adapter on the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo works with this?

I have a Z68 Pro and it works just fine.
Mistle
(10-01-2011, 05:33 AM)
Is there any way to make the sound effects and music in Twilight Princess Wii balanced? Currently, the music overpowers the sound effects a lot :/

Also, if anybody has a GC Twilight Princess save file/state before snowpeak, then I'd love it! Nevermind, I found one. But I thought the sound issue would be fixed in the GC version- it wasn't.
Last edited by Mistle; 10-01-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Thrakier
(10-01-2011, 08:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Lonely1

I don't recall any noticeable framerate drops in SMG2 on Wii.

Yeah, I wouldn't notice them either if the music wouldn't slow down...it goes town to 50 to 55, not much more, only small drops. I doubt you#d notice them on Wii.

I just want to know if it's my system because then I would upgrade the proc to a i5 2500.
Beats
(10-01-2011, 08:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Gwanatu T

So I'm ready to jump on the Dolphin train and get this puppy looking good on my plasma. I've found that most of my games will work, but I can't find anything related to Boom Blox anywhere. This is a must, as those two are easily some of the best Wii games out there. Anyone try to run these?

Boom Blox: Bash Party on Dolphin

Not my video and the build used in this one is pretty old, but it looks like it's playable. There's that shadow glitch though, but maybe that's gone in the newer builds. I haven't ripped the game yet to my PC so I can't check myself.
AdawgDaFAB
(10-01-2011, 12:34 PM)
Am I doing something wrong here?

When I try to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 the games run around 10-20 FPS and are completely unplayable. I just beat REmake and it ran at full speed 99% of the time (the only real area with bad slowdown is the main lobby when the candelabra is showing), RE0 is good as well.
Oracle Dragon
(10-01-2011, 05:33 PM)
Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice here..

I have Dolphin 3.0 all set up and a few games on it. In general it seems it can run well. However every few minutes (and it seems to be in all the games, not any particular one) it will get terrible slowdown. FPS will be cut down to 25%, the audio slows down, etc. After a few seconds it goes back to normal.

I tried looking at my monitoring tools in Win7 to see if it was some sort of automated job, file indexing, etc, but I don't see anything suddenly spike up to the top of CPU or IO charts when this happens.

I created a small sample of Twilight Princess running, and once in the town and twice herding goats you can observe this behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANt-0nEHmTU

Any ideas? I'd love to get this fixed.

(Side question: I've heard you can move your saved games from a Wii to Dolphin? Is there any chance, though it seems highly unlikely, I could use a Wii Twilight Princess save with the GameCube version?)
Lonely1
(10-01-2011, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by AdawgDaFAB

Am I doing something wrong here?

When I try to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 the games run around 10-20 FPS and are completely unplayable. I just beat REmake and it ran at full speed 99% of the time (the only real area with bad slowdown is the main lobby when the candelabra is showing), RE0 is good as well.

You should consider the PsOne versions then. Should run like a charm on almost anything. About why... Maybe they are emulated on the cube?
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(10-01-2011, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Lonely1

You should consider the PsOne versions then. Should run like a charm on almost anything. About why... Maybe they are emulated on the cube?

No, the GC versions of RE2/3 had some model improvements over the PS1 versions. Cube was not doing a straight emulation of them.
Ydahs
(10-01-2011, 06:54 PM)
Wait, Zelda TP didn't use blob shadows? Yet most Wii games do?!

smh developers
AdawgDaFAB
(10-01-2011, 09:05 PM)
Yeah the GC RE2 and RE3 look better than the PSX version and also have the nice Type C controls from REmake, that's why I was hoping I could play them via Dolphin.

Edit: I got it working at a solid 30 FPS now (that's the normal speed right?). All I had to do was move the Texture Cache - Accuracy slider. It was all the way at Safe before, resulting in my crappy framerates. I moved it all the way to Fast and all seems well.

Would there be any negative I should look out for running the emu this way?
Last edited by AdawgDaFAB; 10-01-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Thrakier
(10-01-2011, 11:28 PM)
I'm trying to run Wave Race Blue Storm but emulation is way too fast, like double the speed. Any way to bring it down to just 100%?

nvm worked. but the racers have no heads in the menu? It's fine in game...what the hell?
Last edited by Thrakier; 10-01-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Lonely1
(10-02-2011, 01:07 AM)
I tried the HD texture pack for RE4: Wii edition, but it makes the game to stutter a lot. I guess is because its constantly Reading the textures from the HDD. Is that correct? Or is there a way to fix this? Such a pity otherwise.
Lonely1
(10-02-2011, 03:18 AM)
Anyway, here's a screen from the game with custom textures.

[IMG][/IMG]
crazy monkey
holds a masters in liberal arts
(10-02-2011, 03:23 AM)
I need to play twilight princess again. I forgot some of the photos posted here.
Medalion
Banned
(10-02-2011, 03:39 AM)
Can we get some comparison 1080p pics of the RE4 HD release for 360/PS3 to these ones done in Dolphin?
TheCongressman1
(10-02-2011, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by senador

What graphics card do you have in your Mac?

I found what is causing my issues. It seems to be Nvidia related. There's a ticket opened on it: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu...detail?id=3892

The images in that link are exactly how I see them too. :(

Another one: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu...ght%20princess

Anyone else experience this?

Mine is the Intel 3000. I was really surprised that I haven't had many issues, considering everyone bashes integrated graphics... I certainly haven't seen anything to bash from my experience so far.
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(10-02-2011, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Niblet

Any bluetooth adapter will work, as long as you're using the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, because Microsoft added whatever it needed to be added to it's stack to support the wiimote.

So, yes.
EatChildren
Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
(10-02-2011, 02:59 PM)

Anony
(10-02-2011, 03:04 PM)
stop it, you're making me want to replay twilight princess
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(10-02-2011, 03:13 PM)
i have the wii ver but never finished it, gave up at iceworld where the dude cooks soup or something, can i play tis on dolpin with a 360 pad? (wii ver) or do i NEED motion controls? havent played since launch window so forgot.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(10-02-2011, 03:19 PM)
Dat last shot gotdamnnnn
felipepl
(10-02-2011, 03:31 PM)
God, and I though that the UI for Twilight Princess was bad...
The Skyward Sword one is 10 times worse.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(10-02-2011, 03:34 PM)

Originally Posted by felipepl

God, and I though that the UI for Twilight Princess was bad...
The Skyward Sword one is 10 times worse.

You can turn off all that stuff in-game. They have three options and pro mode has none of the button shit you have been seeing in pre-release screens.
jediyoshi
(10-02-2011, 03:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Tiduz

i have the wii ver but never finished it, gave up at iceworld where the dude cooks soup or something, can i play tis on dolpin with a 360 pad? (wii ver) or do i NEED motion controls? havent played since launch window so forgot.

You can play with just a 360 pad. The only motion control needed is a generic waggle which you can map to a button.
Cow Mengde
(10-02-2011, 03:37 PM)
Oh yeah, I should post these here as well.

Original

Retextured
Littleberu
Banned
(10-02-2011, 03:41 PM)

What the fuck?
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(10-02-2011, 03:56 PM)
That's like those silly Ocarina of Time re-texture projects.
TouchMyBox
(10-02-2011, 04:23 PM)
A few of those shots are awesome, but others change the game's look too much.

Why must people continue to change the look of games? Just give me what is already there but in higher resolution.
_Alkaline_
(10-02-2011, 04:35 PM)
But...but...GAF told me Twilight Princess was just brown!
Tomodachi
(10-02-2011, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

That's like those silly Ocarina of Time re-texture projects.

Yep. I really don't like retexturing in any game, except when you totally change the texture in the process. I'd rather play the game in its original form (of course a little dithering, anti-aliasing or minor automated refurbishments are ok) or not replaying it at all.
Rufus
(10-02-2011, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by _Alkaline_

But...but...GAF told me Twilight Princess was just brown!

And what do those shots do to change that?
EatChildren
Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
(10-02-2011, 06:22 PM)
Even with the ugly UI, I really dig the way the hearts look in Twilight Princess. They look neat and tidy. Its the fucking Wii remote buttons that ruin everything.

Thankfully Skyward Sword has the pro option.
Thrakier
(10-02-2011, 09:44 PM)
Is Skyward Sword waggle only?
Dascu
(10-02-2011, 09:45 PM)

Yes, it is waggle only.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(10-02-2011, 09:45 PM)

Yes
Truth101
Banned
(10-02-2011, 10:05 PM)

It's not waggle.
Thrakier
(10-02-2011, 10:21 PM)
Does Dolphin support Waggle+?
TouchMyBox
(10-02-2011, 10:25 PM)

Does Dolphin support Waggle+?

There's an option for it... Haven't used it personally though.
Extra Sauce
(10-02-2011, 10:30 PM)
What's that sexy red & gold outfit Link is wearing? I think I finished TP without ever seeing that.
Leondexter
(10-03-2011, 01:31 AM)
Why is it that re-texturing projects make the whole world look speckled? There are things in the real world that are just a single flat color, or which have subtle texture that you can't see until you're very close. I mean, generally speaking, you shouldn't be able to see the weave of a fabric from 20 feet away. It just makes everything look weird.

Some of those textures are nice, but a lot of them make the game look really unnatural, as if you're viewing the entire world at once through a giant magnifying glass.
Leondexter
(10-03-2011, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by luka

LLE recompiler. Runs a lot slower, but it pretty much fixes all audio anomalies. It's really the only solution.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Nostalgia~4ever
Banned
(10-03-2011, 01:36 AM)
TP is not a pretty game even for wii, that is certain.