• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption - 360 & PS3 comparison (Bish-approved!)

Mik2121

Mods - please edit the title and delete the "(retarded)" part. Some people might get offended by it and it wasn't my intention :). Anyway, I hope the mods understand the reason why I made this thread (if not, just check out the RDR OT).

Please, post all that shit here and leave the Official Thread alone :)

And taken from the FFXIII thread:

Rules:
1) Do not go out of your way to antagonist people. I don't want to see people playing the fanboy card or insulting people, or trying bait/troll using "ammo" provided by differences in versions.

2) Keep it factual. Making exaggerated claims to fan the fires of dramatica is also not factual. If you want to compare the games, let's look at direct feed screenshots, direct feed video, and make factual comparisons to determine which is the best purchase for people who have a choice.

3) NO SPOILERS. Do not discuss anything story related. Do not use this thread to discuss any story spoilers or gameplay elements not revealed before hand. I don't want to see people using this thread as a springboard to troll the game, or to talk about import impressions. I don't want people asking questions about the game from importers either. There are other RDR threads for that.

4) If you take this: http://i44.tinypic.com/24y20yt.gif seriously, you are doing it wrong.

red-dead-redemption-announced-20090204060630438_640w.jpg

Go!

OnPoint

The manager at my local Gamestop would have you believe the PS3 version looks inferior because they don't have enough experience developing for Blu-ray yet. Since it's a new technology.

But seriously, is there a big difference between these two versions?

UFRA

Thanks, Mik.

That's right assholes, keep this garbage here and get the hell out of our good thread! :lol

Mik2121

Metalmurphy said:
How could you have made this thread without this fabulous gif

http://i44.tinypic.com/24y20yt.gif[IMG]

:lol[/QUOTE]
Check the edited OP, I added it just a minute ago :lol

Anyway, this will be my last post in this thread. Hope you guys have fun here.

Camper182

in the xbox version marston has a higher resolution (1080p ) because he is bigger in the comparison gif

on ps3 it is sub hd

Cant0na

Banned
Low resolution and low framerate means the ps3 version looks more warm and unique. like a true western

360 versions is generic as well bro, looks like gta: the western

Esteban

Banned
Both versions are identical, but the 360 version is definitely more identical.

/insert random retarded comparison gif between a SD tube and a 1080p perfect stream.

scoobs

Mad_Ban said:
It has a sort of subtle beauty.
:D i see what you did there

I'd like to add that the 360 version looks more 360 than the ps3 version. Definitely 360 the 360 version guys

Slappy967

Neo Member
So just a shot in the dark here but I am going to guess I should be buying this on the 360 then :lol

Really want this game but alas it will have to wait since my gaming is soon to encompass only SMG2 and UFC Undisputed 10.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The Lamonster said:
Interesting how there has been no actual discussion on the real differences in the two versions...

Well that's because no actual differences have been accurately noted. Making this even more ridiculous.

:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
chubigans said:
Was this topic bish-approved? Huh? WAS IT???

And will this run for five months like the Forza 3 vs GT5 thread?

jett

D-Member
StuBurns said:
So all I care about is if the PS3 version isn't completely fucked, and if there is any screen tear, help me GAF.

I don't see screen tearing in the multiplayer.it review video.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what is it about rockstar games that attract this kind of bullshit.

Top Bottom