• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

1vkp3.jpg

okay ignoring the super-obvious blade runner homage here, i just realized that his lighting is a giant glowing asymmetrical honeycomb on the ceiling

was that popular in the renaissance or something

edit: there's a candelabra on the coffee table lol

I really love the style and atmosphere they're giving to this game.

Visually, and thematically, it's been pointed in a ghost in the shell direction, Giving up humanity for ability. I love the design of the main character.

His apartment in the pic (and the trailer that was released) is very Dekard from BladeRunner as well. Hoping this could be something special.

Game looks great. Picking up a Blade Runner and Metal Gear feel. Screen shots do look a little low res and jaggy, are they are their native resolution are have they been blown up?

Hope they can get the franchise back on track now. Was very impressed with the CG trailer as well.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
tea_and_crumpets said:
Screen shots do look a little low res and jaggy, are they are their native resolution are have they been blown up?

Blown up, I'm sure.

But at least there are some gampelay bits in them

UrbanRats

For one, the monochromatic-next gen feel, fits the gnre of the game(cyber punk).
I'm sure a "primary colors" mod will be available soon after release, but i've never seen a good cyber punk with lots of colors (even 'cause they're mostly set at night, so you got neons and shit).

Metal B

EmCeeGramr said:
ss_preview_dx1.jpg.jpg

look out nedry, it's a dilophosaurus

*spits at u*

oh noooooooo

Well, it is on Future TV. Everbody look stupid who works on tv-shows in the future:

chris-tucker-fifth-element.jpg

Hell, even already people look stupid on tv!

Speculator

BioWare Austin
Wheres the Renaissance influence from the old concept art :(. Looking pretty good, but theres something in them that reminds me of project snowblind ._.

Wow. Outside of the over designed main character (and the silly jrpg news host) I love the art direction. That Blade Runner apartment is fantastic, and the almost 2D concept art-esque rendering is gorgeous. I hope they stay true to the original's open level design, and that actual sneaky stealth is still viable, though the trailer with robot-goatee man punching through walls to neck-hig a single soldier makes me wonder.

Still, between these screens and the cg trailer, I'm down.

syllogism said:
pc gamer article mentioned some augmentations

" * Enhanced vision: See through walls, analyse structures for weak spots to smash through (so not all walls will be breakable, sadly)

I really hope this isn't one of those things where you end up basically keeping it on for 90% of the gameplay. I'm totally fine with "flashing" it on for a few seconds, but they need to come up with a legitimate gameplay reason to discourage constant use (something slightly more clever than a battery meter). I loved Arkham Asylum, but it was easier to just keep the Bat-vision on always, and I don't want to have to arbitrarily discipline myself not to use it so much. It puts a huge amount of the visuals to waste, and it's distracting having to choose between better visuals and enhanced gameplay.

Splinter Cell Conviction "kind of" got this right with the sonar goggles in that it looked like a hot mess if you ran around with them. I say "kind of" because I'm still not a fan of the mechanic itself, but the limitation they assigned to it at least made sense and worked to some degree.

Durante

The screens look good in terms of art, but I am once again surprised by a game that has a PC version being advertised with massively inferior screens in terms of image quality. Why would they do that?

Dennis

Banned
I really like the look of these screenshots and the CG trailer....just don't really scream Deux Ex prequel to me.

Seems really implausable for 2027, too but hey, cool in 17 years we will live in a blade runner.

The first Deus Ex was indeed pretty monochromatic as well, it was all about "night colors" like blue, purple and gray with only the occasional dash of green or red lighting. I thought it was a pretty decent style, though and it really helped the atmosphere.

looks awesome, hoping for a good one this time!
also, that cg trailer is something else, kinda wished square would make another 3d movie with it :D

Looks... blurry. And jaggy. I know it's nowhere near finished, but damn. Hopefully we won't be stuck with console-res assets for the PC.

The first pic makes me think that two-layer city is just going to be a backdrop.
That alleyway pic makes me hopeful.

magicalsoundshower said:
The first Deus Ex was indeed pretty monochromatic as well, it was all about "night colors" like blue, purple and gray with only the occasional dash of green or red lighting. I thought it was a pretty decent style, though and it really helped the atmosphere.

Yeah, it really helped establish a world that was about to commit suicide, a world dirty broken down. A world where the government is walling off the poor, paying people who kill themselves, digging mass graves for plague victims, and people have zyme fueled last days orgies, but at the same time, people try and live and go to work like any other point in time.

You know what's best of all, none of that is actually shown in the game, it's all via expository newspaper articles and emails you can find. When a player can remember things like that with ease, that's the hallmark of an amazing game.

MMaRsu

Banned
The game is still in development and here come the fucking pixel counters trying to put the game down cause it's sub HD

OH NOEZ

FUCK.

NIN90

MMaRsu said:
The game is still in development and here come the fucking pixel counters trying to put the game down cause it's sub HD

OH NOEZ

FUCK.

The screens are obviously blurry as fuck. There is no need for pixel counting.

Doesn't look too bad. But I'm withholding hype until I get gameplay details. If it's similar to Invisible War as opposed to the amazing freedom of the first game then I don't care.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Nice.

Looks really great art/graphics vise but there is bit too many action scenes in those few shots. I just hope it isn't molding up into a typical first person shooter. I hope for the best and fear for the worst. Still I'm expecting this a lot.

Top Bottom