• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

Corto

I liked these. I would like to see those in motion. The trailer that you guys are talking about it's the CGI one from before?

edit: saw the trailer, liked it too. Will follow this closely.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
ArjanN said:
And I'm sure most of the people playing something like Thief or the early Splinter Cells just go for killing/knocking everyone out when no-one is looking, because that's generally the most effective way through the game.

Sure, but it's more about the general non-combatant mood they encouraged. Most of my favourite Thief anecdotes involve the lengths players would go to in order to protect unconscious guards, just so they could have a clear conscience.

I'm a little concerned by how much D3X's game director seems to love the word 'brutality' in regards to their fastidiously, sadistically animated takedowns, but then I guess it's tough to drum up excitement about avoiding confrontation. "When you successfully evade a guy we pull the camera out into third person and go into slow motion so you can really see that nothing happens!"

Dizzy-4U

luka said:
*reinstalls Deus Ex*

Pretty much. The Deus Ex rule never fails...

rwuvdj.png

fhco

thefil said:
This looks really cool. I've never played a Deus Ex; I hope it will provide a suitable entry point for the series, as I don't really find myself with the time or motivation to go back and play many old games these days.

This post makes me really, really sad. You owe it to yourself to buy any of the multiple cheap-as-shit digital distribution versions of the original.

Jenga

Banned
fhco said:
This post makes me really, really sad. You owe it to yourself to buy any of the multiple cheap-as-shit digital distribution versions of the original.
hey, this is gaf

i never thought i'd heard of someone who hasn't played deus ex :(

I do like how they designed the mech augs in the game. Shows a nice progression from merely relatively light enhancement (mech arms) to the complete metal freaks Gunther and Anna are by the start of Deus Ex. And fuck me, if Skulgun is an aug in this, they are fucking vindicated

Jenga said:
hey, this is gaf

i never thought i'd heard of someone who hasn't played deus ex :(

I do like how they designed the mech augs in the game. Shows a nice progression from merely relatively light enhancement (mech arms) to the complete metal freaks Gunther and Anna are by the start of Deus Ex. And fuck me, if Skulgun is an aug in this, they are fucking vindicated

this is what happens when pc classics and consoles collide

SEE: Fallout 3

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
[HP] said:
And use this to make it look better if you want to
http://www.helderpinto.com/blog/personal/deusex-ultra-high-quality-mod-v01.html
(I really need to work on a new version, with New Vision textures)
Ignore this shit and use exclusively the DX10 renderer for the game and don't enable parallax occlusion (enable everything else).

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

The high-res texture packs will never finish so don't waste your time and ENBseries adds shitty bloom.

Jesus this looks like shit:

screen1.jpg

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I thought I would hate this.

I'm glad I thought wrong.

This is looking very worthy of my salivation.

Zaptruder

Banned
Looks pretty damn awesome.

You know what else looks awesome? How those screenshots seem to suggest a first person/third person camera mechanic that is quite obvious... and at the same time quite innovative, which is to actively switch the player between first and third person depending on what the character is doing.

Using a gun: First Person
84kbf.jpg

Using cover, in melee, general adventuring/conversation: Third person
6dmut.jpg

35k4s.jpg

50m4e.jpg

TheYanger

Zaptruder said:

You know what else looks awesome? How those screenshots seem to suggest a first person/third person camera mechanic that is quite obvious... and at the same time quite innovative, which is to actively switch the player between first and third person depending on what the character is doing.

Not to nitpick but that's hardly innovative ;p Plenty of games have done it, and off the top of my head I'll name PDZ from 5 years ago.

I really dislike the yellow haze on everything :/ But people are right Deus Ex wasn't a particularly COLORFUL game to begin with but it was a hell of a lot less fuzzed over with a singular color, they were just all fairly dim/dull instead of all being saturated with yellow.
Everything is just lit by campfire or something it seems like. compare to that Deus Ex shot above (ignoring the ugly redone effects) where it's all lit by VERY hyper-white florescent type lighting, things look a lot better like that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zaptruder said:

Never played Rainbow Six Vegas I take it?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Someone wiped shit all over the screen. Will wait for PC shots.

Zaptruder

Banned
Sinatar said:
Never played Rainbow Six Vegas I take it?

Nope.

But that game and PDZ mentioned above are both shooters by nature.

Deus Ex is more varied; shooting is an option as opposed to the focus.

Plus I don't know how fully featured (i.e. how well animated and how well the camera worked) the third person view of the other two games were. But this looks to be great in that respect.

More to the point, I was thinking of a primarily Third person view game with a camera that switched to first person when the gun was pulled out. Maybe even a change in control scheme between the two view points (nothing big, just a subtle change of how the character moves between the two view points... i.e. strafing in FPV, turning and walking in third person view).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Just watched that one E3 trailer. That shit was awesome. If they keep that vibe going and it not turn into some mindless shooter, consider me back on the hype train.

aeolist

Banned
Good cyberpunk artstyle. Could never get into the first game because the gameplay sucked balls and never bothered with the sequel.

Hopefully this one will be worth it.

Looks nice, but graphics are not what I'm worried about in a Deux Ex sequel. Hopefully it plays and feels like a Deus Ex game, and not some random shooter with the label.

Well fuck me up the ass, it looks like Deus Ex with good graphics.

EXCEPT THAT THERE ARE NO ROCKET LAUNCHING VACUUM CLEANER ROBOT CUBES THIS IS NOT DEUS EX!

Also, Emceegramr is right, the candelabra-on-the-coffee-table is future interior design sense I can't get behind.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
it's pretty ugly. hopefully that means it's being neglected by its publisher and pushed out on the cheap. eastern europe has hardwired me into thinking this will result in it being mechanically superior game that will frustrate the masses to its commercial grave and live on in the hearts of beard hoarding pc libertarians and ukrainian LARP'ers alike.

Top Bottom