• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero 2 is here! - trailer+pics

Orobi

Reveal trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytBM_F-KKZI

Pics
vrzpeh.jpg

29mkev7.jpg

141qpkx.jpg

23ssux2.jpg

1hwgls.jpg

V_Ben

Banned
oh yes. I'm certainly buying this. picked up the original for £37 :D

edit: the new turntable better not make my one look like a POS. :lol

I was under the assumption that when they meant "two turn tables" in the PR, they actually was talking about setting up two turn tables for one player. Guess not.

Vinterbird said:
I was under the assumption that when they meant "two turn tables" in the PR, they actually was talking about setting up two turn tables for one player. Guess not.

not really feasible, given how the single player works. You'd have an easier time trying to play two guitars at once in rockband.

Vinterbird said:

Same... meh.

Boo at all these artists that aren't DJs playing DJs in this game when there are plenty of other actual DJs I'd rather play as...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Are they even changing/revising the controllers? I bet they have an overabundance of them from the first game.

Manmademan said:
not really feasible, given how the single player works. You'd have an easier time trying to play two guitars at once in rockband.
The controllers definitely could be setup for it.

I see them doing it as a Expert+ mode, but oh well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Manmademan said:

One turn table on each side of the slider controls? If it had this support in the sequel, I would give this one another go. Expert mode in DJ Hero was simply too easy save for 3-4 songs.

Son of a bitch! That Puma case looks fucking awesome. I wonder if I can get it for pre-ordering the standalone game.

Looks like the same great game that came out last year. The promise of another great set of tracks is keeping me hyped.

PS. I'd love to see more single song mixes like Wolfgang's 5th Symphony. Pretty much any dance song ever could be possible.

bryehn

So our girlfriends can sing along now? SOLD!

...like it was a question, I wish we had new mixes every day.

JohnnyPanda said:
Can't access YouTube at work so I don't know if it says it there already, but the Lady Gaga "Just Dance" vs. Deadmau5 “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” mix from DJ Hero 2 is free on XBLA right now
as a gold member exclusive
for a limited time. I guess it gets yanked in a week and won't return until the full game comes out this fall.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf000b-0000-4000-8000-000041560844?cid=SLink

Here's the music of this. Haven't found any footage of the track yet. The mix is pretty fucking hot.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Enjoyed the first one but the music was pretty awful, will only bother with this if it's got a better selection.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wow, that trailer was awful. Are those embarrassing old ass rappers famous or something?

DJ Hero was great fun, although it was overpriced.

Already got a mic and a turntable so i'm set, if my buddy wants to scratch along he can pickup his own turntable.

Plan to pick this up day 1 if it has a decent campaign and track mix. The character "creation" aspects were terrible last time since you only got to pick from a small variety of characters and change their outfit, turntable, and a few other things.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Manmademan said:
The devs have always stated they wanted to include double turntable support and that they'd try to do it for the second game. They likely have had a design for how it would work for quiet a while.

But yeah, all the shots so far look like multiplayer stuff. Where's the Expert+ dual-turntable pics FSG? :p

Dynamic3

Looks awesome, seeing as the single table bundle is only $100 (and I <3 Deadmau5) I'm gonna day 1 this bitch.

firehawk12 said:
Hrm, no new and improved turntable to buy?

It at the least has swappable face plates (though that may only be the tables included in the two table 'party pack').

Kinda obligated to get this. Trading in the turntables now would only be a loss, and I did find Dj Hero enjoyable for some time. Hopefully this time they will send me my fucking Dj Hero stickers.

lljride

This thread reminded me that DJ Hero dropped in price, so I just ordered it off Amazon ($59.99 - $20 credit for SMG2). It always seemed neat in concept, looking forward to the improvements in DJH2.

-PXG-

I said I was gonna check out DJ Hero when it got dirt cheap. You can get the whole kit used for $60 at GS. Might try it out.

-PXG-

farnham said:
tony hawk, guitar hero and now this.. activision has learned nothing

Are you actually surprised they made a sequel? :lol Hell, I would've been shocked if they didn't come out with another one, this year.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Can't wait. The first was one of the most surprisingly great games last year.

MidnightScott said:
GAGA! Sorry Craptivision I'm not buying it brand new. I'll maybe buy it used so you don't make any money. :D

Yeah, you go dude! You show Activision by punishing talented game developers. You refuse to be a cog in the corporate machine! Fight the power, man!

Top Bottom