• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninokuni PS3 screens

1180ryv.jpg

2wg69ae.jpg

15xvf5w.jpg

2uojm1c.jpg

13yknip.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2010/06/24/ni_no_kuni_ps3_screens/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
*gets goosebumps*

I wonder how good (or bad) is Level 5's localization record.

Scribble

Wow, looks like an actual cartoon. I don't usually get a strong sense of that from cel-shading or cartoony-looking games. That third screen in particular.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Level 5's cel shading power knows no bounds.

And is that a monster on the field? No random encounters maybe? :D

Scribble said:
Wow, looks like an actual cartoon. I don't usually get a strong sense of that from cel-shading or cartoony-looking games.

We're seeing that more and more with expert use of the bigger horsepower this gen. Great stuff.

Scribble

jj984jj said:
In this screen. I think that's a monster.

Oh. Yeah. Looks like bat Totoro thing.

SatelliteOfLove said:
We're seeing that more and more with expert use of the bigger horsepower this gen. Great stuff.

I'm not usually excited about the prospect of better graphics each gen, but if it's being used for stuff like this than damn. =D

Speevy

Banned
Level 5's games are always very nice looking. Everyone seems so surprised at this when they probably create some of the most clean visuals of any JRPG developer.

After seeing two different outfits, I hope there will be changing armor, I hate it, that there is most of the time only weapons that change their style.

Gorgeous pics btw. Announce a release date already!!! :D

Replicant

At times like this I'm glad PS3 is multi-region. I'm so importing this because I'm sure the Japanese version comes with some special edition stuff.

Bukana

AWESOME!, but i don't understand the genre of this game , is it like explore and solve puzzles or just an adventures game like Jak and Dexter !?

snorggy

according to @markmacd on twitter, who attended this conference:

"Footage switches between animation and PS3 real-time, at times almost hard to tell the difference. Colorful, gorgeous, fluid graphics"

and

"Overworld and battle scenes shown, combat looks deeper than DS w more party members; release is 2011."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The impressions from the trailer reported that the trailer jumps from animation to PS3 real time and it's difficult to tell the difference between the two.

nx4yug.jpg

5p2ypd.jpg

wqtu06.jpg

15rxrpd.jpg

1gmwyq.jpg

LeoStenbuck said:
Aren't Level 5 doing the animation? I thought Ghibli only did the art.
Oh, maybe you're right. I just assumed Ghibli was doing the animations. I'm sure Level 5 is at least collaborating with Ghibli on the animations.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Very nice vibe! Can't go wrong with Ghibli. Just waiting to see now if Level-5 can pull it off.

Top Bottom