• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singularity |OT| - Anyone? No?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
genjiZERO said:
I thought this was about the Singularity...

Soon my brothers... 1.618033988749895...

Brilliant :)

Has the PC version got good support for the 360 pad?

KareBear

Im a huge Raven fan and this is the first original game they have done in some time.I Hope all their games in furture will be but it looks like Activision wont let them.Its also a shame Activision cut them down from 3 to 2 teams.

DaBuddaDa

I've watched a few gameplay clips on YouTube, and the BioShock comparisons are completely unfounded. If Singularity is just like BioShock, then any linear FPS set in a destroyed city/area will be "copying BioShock." Hogwash! Singularity drips with its own style and aesthetic.

S1kkZ

DaBuddaDa said:
I've watched a few gameplay clips on YouTube, and the BioShock comparisons are completely unfounded. If Singularity is just like BioShock, then any linear FPS set in a destroyed city/area will be "copying BioShock." Hogwash! Singularity drips with its own style and aesthetic.
no they are not. the game still feels unique and has its own style but its very bioshock "inspired" (not a bad thing). you can not really judge this after some gameplay videos on youtube.

bryehn

Stumpokapow said:
It is absolutely typical that people posting pre-release impressions of a game are asked to show that they legally own a copy. I'll give you two examples. People were banned in the Scribblenauts thread (one guy in fact photoshopped a fake Scribblenauts cartridge to try to cover his ass!). People were banned in the Wii emulator thread (posting screenshots of SMG2 and then editing them out and running from the thread when asked to document having a copy).

I laid out why I suspected this might not be above board and did so in a neutral tone. I don't think anyone reading my post would claim that I was hysterically running around "attacking hard". I readily concede that it's likely some people have early Euro retail copies. This isn't a witch hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9fN-9fU2N4

KareBear

BrokenSymmetry said:
Wow, the multiplayer looks great. Solders (in 1st person) against mutants (in 3rd person), I love that kind of asymmetric multiplayer. Also, the mutants, with all their class-based abilities seem a lot of fun to play.

The multiplayer looks like Gloom and Tremulous or Natural Selection without the rts aspect.

When did it stop being OK for first-person shooters to be silly? Once upon a time you just rocked up, ran down some corridors with increasingly powerful weapons and shot guys. Most of those guys chose to defend themselves by dancing left and right, and they came from places like Stroggos.

Now this game I want to play.

Dancing aliens! Dancing Polar bears with chainsaws and rocket packs!

woo yeah.

edit: oh, so singularity is almost that silly... Nice.

It's a shame that Activision is sending this game to die. After all the delays to keep the game going head-to-head with other big name titles it seems that Activision is just trying to get it out the door with little to no marketing effort. It's a shame considering that impressions and reviews seems pretty positive.

I'm mildly curious about this game, just not $60 interested. Someday, perhaps.

Wolfenstein was OK but ultimately disappointing, even with my relatively low expectations.

zoku88

I'll be honest, I have never even heard of this.

I don't remember people talking about this game. Way to go Activision.

heringer

Eurogamer liked. 8/10

Eurogamer said:
Very little here hasn't been seen elsewhere before, but Singularity has more to recommend it than simply being a polished, entertaining collection of well-executed clichés and set-pieces. It's the first game I've played in ages that realises first-person shooters can bundle in as much philosophy and as many moral dilemmas as they like, but fundamentally they're still about shooting monsters in the face, and so what it lacks in originality it makes up for in variety, pacing and exuberance. First-person shooters are always silly! Well done to Raven for making one that likes being silly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/singularity-review

Loxley

I'll be picking Singularity up in part to support Raven; the only prominent developer located in my home state of Wisconsin :D Plus I have genuinely been interested in the game for quite a while.

The question is just which version to with, PC or 360. Hmmm.

V6YW.jpg

still one off my favorite game growing up, raven are great and this sounds like a pickup to me :)

Devil Theory said:
Want to buy, but not sure for which console.

You get a free copy of Prototype via mail with the 360 version. $20 gift card from Amazon (US) to boot. Good deal for launch day.

Raven <3

FLEABttn

Banned
Team Klimt said:
You get a free copy of Prototype via mail with the 360 version. $20 gift card from Amazon (US) to boot. Good deal for launch day.

Raven <3

Too bad about it being 360 only.

They must not be sitting on huge stockpiles of it for the PS3.

I decided, i'm renting it, mainly b/c a large part of it, is single player (need to see what the multiplayer has to offer). Sorry Raven but fuck Activision for life.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
K' Dash said:
wow wow let's not get crazy here... the game looks good, but better than Bioshock 2? no... just no.

Wow, it's not even better than Bioshock 2? Shit, not worth playing then.

I had no idea this was launching soon, and there was a time that I was looking forward to it. Maybe on the other side of the event horizon there is a ton of PR material, early impressions, and timely reviews.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
well since this wont be out for a couple of days in the states I'll go and do my fellow curious gaffers a favor and buy it tomorrow and subsequently post my impressions.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
When is this out in EU? Any word about how PS3 version performs?

Looks very good indeed.

DaBuddaDa said:

It's still super similar to Bioshock in a lot of respects, including upgrade mechanics, feel of weapons...not mentioning that the whole setting is in fact a variation of the Bioshock pattern
(abandoned city, based on technology nowhere else to be found, with its own distinct art style and ideology).
It's a nice game though, and it is indeed very similar to Bioshock, but judging based on youtube clips is stupid.

TTP said:
When is this out in EU? Any word about how PS3 version performs?

Looks very good indeed.
Out today, in the UK at least.

I'd love to pick this up now but I just know it'll be £17.99 on Play.com by the end of July (if not sooner).

S1kkZ

finished it. the eurogamer review is spot-on.
only downside is the length (7 hours on normal). its also very easy on normal.

great game with a nice (non open) ending. there is room for a sequel but the ending is satisfying.

7 Hours isn't too bad I guess, though it's still a little disappointing. Was that with you rushing or taking your time? Generally I can take a 4 hour game and stretch it out to 6-7 Hours by taking it slowly...or taking 2 years to finish like I did with CoD #4 :lol

So if 7 hours was a standard non rush play through, I am sure I can stretch it out to about 10 hours :p

MacBosse

singularity.jpg

For the guys complaining about this thread regarding OT, I didn't make it OT myself nor did I intend it to be, if anyone want to pimp it, let me know.

Activision's tactics with IW might have been nasty, but the company's games are on a roll...Blur's awesome, Transformers is good and now Singularity is cliched, but pretty damn good fun and just like Blur, it's just "dumped" out to the market with little support it seems. I understand some games make up the numbers and wont get the marketing dollar that Transformer's and CoD gets, understandable, but I hope lack of major sales isn't gonna get blamed on the developer (shutting them down), because both Bizarre and Raven have gone stellar work here.

Top Bottom