• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Irrational Games. Guess at what we are making!

element

What do you think we (Irrational Games) are working on? Call and leave a message. Please keep it short. 617-302-7805

DO IT! Keep it clean people!

StuBurns

Banned
Wasn't it confirmed to be a new IP months ago? Seems hard to guess if that's the case.

If not, and it's guessable.

The Duke.

DaBuddaDa

Johann said:
EA has the licence. There was talk that Starbreeze was working on System Shock 3 with EA but the game turned out to Syndicate.

OK then: Tribes 4, PC exclusive, Christmas 2010.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
SWAT 5

I don't give a fuck who owns the IP now, it has to be SWAT 5. IT JUST HAS TO BE SWAT 5

If you guys hooked up with GarageGames to play with the Tribes license, I have a fertile womb to donate to Irrational Games. I mean shit, GarageGames is all about that Onlive shit now with InstantAction, so it's not like they're gonna use it for anything.

And it's not like Tribes Vengeance was bad...just...different. I'll take it any day over another god damned modern combat FPS.

SWAT 5 is an exception to that though. So long as it's not dumbed down Call of Duty/Rainbow Six Vegas junk.

The real X-COM, a squad-based tactical shooter in the same vein as SWAT, where you get the highest score for nonlethal takedowns of aliens.

Massa

Hard to believe it's been nearly 3 years since Bioshock and we still don't even know what their next game is.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Teknopathetic said:
SWAT 5 is an exception to that though. So long as it's not dumbed down Call of Duty/Rainbow Six Vegas junk.
SWAT 5 is either urban incident response stuff set in the present or it's a failure.

Well, I have to admit that the SWAT 3 storyline was sorta cool. And I loved the PQ reference.

Zeliard

I hope we don't have to worry about a new SWAT this gen given what's happened to the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bioshock 3: Unda Da Space, now with less Ann Rand and more Shodan's little brother: DanSho.

"L-L-L-LOOK AT YOU, BIG DADDY! PANTING AND SWEATING IN THAT SPACE SUIT."

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Zeliard said:
I hope we don't have to worry about a new SWAT this gen given what's happened to the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series.
But how awesome would it be if we all worried like crazy about a new SWAT being consolized and then it turns out extremely well, trumping the predecessors and all?

Rctdaemon

This is an interesting concept.
I guessed it was that zombie game that they were working on before, Division 9

adg1034

Space Channel 6!

A survival-horror version of Moby Dick!

--
An FPS with solid-yet-flawed gameplay mechanics that people still play anyway due to its phenomenal atmosphere, intelligent story, and the pedigree of its development team!

Zeliard

wmat said:
But how awesome would it be if we all worried like crazy about a new SWAT being consolized and then it turns out extremely well, trumping the predecessors and all?

That would be nice, but amazingly unlikely if it's also seeing a console release. No elitism there, just reality. Simply from a functional standpoint, gamepads are extremely limited relative to kb/m, which is why so many multiplats are streamlined (Bioshock). When devs want to tap into the console mainstream with a former PC series, we always see a distinct reduction in gameplay depth.

SWAT 4 would have been a very different game had it also been a console release. There's no denying that.

This is why after further consideration, I actually hope it's a new IP. I can't envision them resurrecting a series, bringing it to consoles, and having it be at the level it once was.

Top Bottom