• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biggest douchebag animal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majine said:
I don't get how hippos have gotten in the "good animals" category according to humans. In cartoons and such, they are always portraited as lovable creatures, in contrast to for example crocodiles.

Facing a hippo in the wild is more dangerous than a crocodile, or so I've heard.

Me neither. They are just tremendous bullies/jerks...in fact huge Nile crocodiles won't even mess with them because the hippos can just bite them in half.

Seanspeed

Banned
And to add insult to injury, you dont have a cool story up in heaven. Get eaten by a Croc? Thats something I want to hear about. Get attacked by a hippo? You just sound silly.

Jerk

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Good choices with regard to humans.

But the Llama is a pretty good candidate. Saw on Dirty Jobs that they have fighting teeth that are pretty much there to rip off the testicles of their competition in the mating game.

Holy shit...

s-WHALEEATING-WHALE-large.jpg

Moby dick get fucked, and then eaten.

Majine said:
I say wasps.

2yx52mq.jpg

My friend says ticks, but I haven't had those on me yet, so maybe I'm biased.

wasp   [wosp] Show IPA
–noun
any of numerous social or solitary hymenopterous insects of the Vespidae, Sphecidae, and allied families, generally having a long, slender body and narrow waist and, in the female, a stinger.
a person who is snappish or petulant

Swans are up there. Everyone's like "Oh, they're so beautiful and graceful", and then they'll drag someone's grandma into the lake and try to drown her.

earwig1.gif

Damn things materialize out of thin air when I'm sitting on the throne. They really aren't annoying for anything other than sitting there and being ugly. Seriously, how can creatures with claws coming out their ass think they can stare me in the face and expect not to get crushed with extreme prejudice?

DonMigs85

Combichristoffersen said:
A horse that fetches you beer and answers your phone is not a douchebag animal, it's an awesome animal. Although he did look a little too smug when riding in the car.
to all other horses he's the biggest douchebag around since he eats the flesh of fellow herbivorous mammals

The Take Out Bandit said:
They look so happy! :3

Oh yeah sure, but they wouldn't hesitate to tear you to shreds just for crossing their path. I'm telling you guys, these things are monsters.

I've been trying to get the word out for years about hippos and how awful they are. I consider myself an environmentalist, but I wouldn't bat an eye if hippos were wiped off the face of the earth.

Wikipedia: "Hippos are very aggressive towards humans and are often considered one of the most dangerous large animals in Africa. In fact, hippos are known to attack humans and boats. To mark territory, hippos spin their tails while defecating to distribute their excrement over the greatest possible area."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom