• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Tales of Graces F" announced for PS3

duckroll

13.jpg

Today's Tales Of event officially unveiled the improved PS3 port of Tales of Graces. Since there is a separate thread for the new PS3 Tales game, I'll make one for this as well.

The F in the title stands for "Future," and it highlights the main major enhancement over the original game. Aside from the original storyline, a post-ending epilogue storyline has been added to the game. It takes place half a year after the end of the game, and the voiced events in it take up 3 script books in volume. In comparison, the original game itself has 4 script books for the entire game, so there is almost twice the amount of story content being added.

Other additions in the game will include a new costume for Sophie, various new moves and hi-ougis for the characters, and many more. The power point slide at the presentation seems to indicate that there will be a new gameplay system being added called "Accelerate Mode," and that Richard will be the 7th playable character in the game. It also seems to show a brand new dungeon not in the original game.

As far as the graphics go, the game will be presented in HD, but it seems that they will be keeping most of the assets in the original. The game looks to be a the original assets rendered in a HD resolution ala Sony's HD Classics line of PS2 ports. The producer did mention that they will be doing adjustments as they see fit to make the graphics look as good as possible in HD though.

The game is slated for release in "Winter 2010," which probably means December in Japan. About a year after the release of the Wii original. It's ToV PS3 all over again! :D

14.jpg

19.jpg

Well thats just gorgeous indeed. The epilogue content sounds like a dream come true; always been intrigued about what happens after a main storyline is concluded in games.

I cant wait to see the special artes compilation videos for the game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Another tales game I'll never get to play :(.

Aeana

I can't believe they're adding that much more story. It sounds like getting a sequel built in. I'm definitely getting this.

Ikkarus

Sounds like they are really developing the story more from the Wii version.

Is this going to be Namco's way of doing Tales titles though? Releasing the original game on one platform then releasing the "Full" version on the PlayStation platform a year or so later?

Symphonia, Vesperia and now Graces.

Still, I'm happy for more Tales games just wish they would reach more than just Japan, ho hum!

Just have to hang on to the slightest bit of hope that they will arrive in US/EU land.

Were all the skits in Graces voiced on the Wii?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How long was ToG? So basically they're almost doubling the story line for ToGf?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Aeana said:
I can't believe they're adding that much more story. It sounds like getting a sequel built in. I'm definitely getting this.

Seriously, 75% more screenplay is INSANE.

If Namco should release a version of tales of graces, it should be this one since it seems to be the "ultimate" edition.

Reknoc

That screenshot looks quite nice, and that's a hell of a lot of additional story.

Dedication Through Light said:
IF this game has, what is it 7+ script books of voice dialog, I cant imagine how long the localization process would take.

About as long as it takes to do nothing.

Einbroch

Banned
Whenever I see a Tales thread I always get depressed and angry.

Congrats, Japan. HD upscaling and 75% more content is always a good thing. Sigh.

Namco must hate fans. Hi we get you to playtest games. I vowed to never buy another namco game after the vesperia debacle (I really enjoyed vesperia namco completely pissed me off with this the first time they did it now its like they intend to do it every time. namco is officially on the eat a dick list.

It consists of namco and southpeak(who make some truly awful games I got x-bladed)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Majine said:
It is pretty important to enjoy it, kinda.
And the never-ending posts sound like a broken record in every single Tales thread. Every single thread's first 2 pages seems to consist of "another one I can't play buuuu :(" or "Scamco!"

Seriously, find a new hobby if it upsets you so much.

Brazil said:
What else are we gonna say?

"I look forward to not playing it"?
Learn the language or swallow your tongue.

Aeana

Kyoufu said:
I haven't followed Graces. Has Team Destiny done us proud?
It has my favorite combat in the series. Rebirth is the only one that really contends in that department.

Diablos54

Well you could do like me and get nearly equivalent enjoyment out of these by watching people play the games on youtube...Its pretty decent if one has the spare time.
Uh, watching someone play the game is nowhere as near as fun as actually playing it. :lol

Majine

Banned
speedpop said:
And the never-ending posts sound like a broken record in every single Tales thread. Every single thread's first 2 pages seems to consist of "another one I can't play buuuu :(" or "Scamco!"

Well, I'd be upset if they did force me to quit gaming. :lol

Bizzyb

Banned
So is Namco done with the Tales series in America?

I swear there are like 3 or so Tales games that recently released in Japan and have yet to see the light of day Stateside.

What gives?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The HD upscaling looks nice. With the amount of content they're adding, I can't wait to pay full price for this one :lol

ZoddGutts

Well thats just gorgeous indeed. The epilogue content sounds like a dream come true; always been intrigued about what happens after a main storyline is concluded in games.

I cant wait to see the special artes compilation videos for the game.

Tales of Legendia did this.

Bizzyb said:
So is Namco done with the Tales series in America?

I swear there are like 3 or so Tales games that recently released in Japan and have yet to see the light of day Stateside.

What gives?

The count is up to counting the most recent psp one, is 5 games since Xbox 360 Tales of Vesperia that have missed American release, if I counted right in the right order. Like Im thinking, I would figure the graces one (this could come over here) or at least the "15th anniversary game".

ZoddGutts said:
Tales of Legendia did this.
Would have liked to try it (still trying to get a PS2... :( )

Will it feel drug-out though? That was one of the things that interested me on ToG, was talked like it felt shorter than ToS, ToA, and ToV, which to me often had too many shoehorned in side quests, Very Special Episodes For A Character, and general filler till the pacing was the antipode of the action in-battle.

The HD upscaling looks nice.

Yus, yus to that.

Well you could do like me and get nearly equivalent enjoyment out of these by watching people play the games on youtube...Its pretty decent if one has the spare time.
That has to be the most cost-efficient way to be gamer. And it's weird, too. :lol

Kyoufu

Aeana said:
It has my favorite combat in the series. Rebirth is the only one that really contends in that department.

Interesting. Destiny remake is my favourite because of the aerial juggling but Rebirth has good combat too. I'll probably import this.

Would have liked to try it (still trying to get a PS2... :( )

ToL is the only Tales game that has managed to give me a headache after just 20 minutes of playtime. Avoid that piece of shit.

slaughterking said:
That has to be the most cost-efficient way to be gamer. And it's weird, too. :lol

Yeah its pretty awesome for RPGs at least especially when they are filled with tons and tons of cutscenes. Its also how I discovered some games, like the Tales of games, I discovered by just watching someone play through Symphonia and such, Persona (watched through the first 25 hours of Persona 4) as well. Of course I did end up buying Symphonia to play for myself.

duckroll

Seda said:
But Tales of Legendia was...... not good.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have good ideas or aspects. The gameplay was awful, the story was pretty bad, and the dungeon design was shit. But the music was awesome! :lol

Aeana

Kyoufu said:
Interesting. Destiny remake is my favourite because of the aerial juggling but Rebirth has good combat too. I'll probably import this.
ToDr is probably #3 for me. Graces uses CC like ToDr, but kind of differently. It's really unique in a lot of ways, and super fun. You should enjoy it if you like ToDr.

speedpop said:

Learn the language or swallow your tongue.
They will bitch and you'll learn to like it!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Aeana said:
ToDr is probably #3 for me. Graces uses CC like ToDr, but kind of differently. It's really unique in a lot of ways, and super fun. You should enjoy it if you like ToDr.
Sigh. This makes it that much more painful as ToDr was basically my DREAM Tales game.

Anony

someone post those HD screenshots from the dolphin thread
i think those look better from what i remember

Top Bottom