• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Splinter Cell Trilogy for the PS3

As long as we're posting requests (*cracks knuckles*):

Konami
-MGS2+3 (Twin Snakes too? or MGS1 PS1?)
-Silent Hill 2+3+4
-Zone of the Enders 1+2
-Suikoden collection
Capcom
-Viewtiful Joe 1+2
-RE:CVX and RE4
-God Hand and Okami
-Devil May Cry 1+2+3
-Onimusha 1+2+3+4
Tecmo
-Fatal Frame
Ubisoft
-Prince of Persia: SoT trilogy
Namco-Bandai
-Xenosaga trilogy
-Katamari Damacy + We Love Katamari
Rockstar
-GTA3 collection
Square-Enix
-FFX:I, FFX-2:I
-KH:FM, KH:Re:CoM, KH2:FM+
-FFXII:I
-DQVIII and spinoffs
Sony
-Jak and Daxter
-Ratchet and Clank
-Twisted Metal Black and Twisted Metal Head-On
-Dark Cloud
Atlus
-Shin Megami Tensei collection (it'd be gigantic but sure, why not)

This is beyond the obvious Team Ico collection, by the way (which is pretty clearly on its way, huzzah).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzonoha vs. the Soulless Army and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzonoha vs. the King of Abaddon HD Classics sounds nice.

StarEye said:
Okay, now can we have Pro Evolution Soccer 5 & 6 HD Compilation?
I don't know how necessary it is to compile sports & racing sequels, to be honest, since they're so iterative from one to the next.

offshore

badcrumble said:
Rockstar
-GTA3 collection

Wasn't there a crazy rumour/suggestion ages ago - that I would still like to come true - whereby the settings of III, VC and SA would be loaded together in one boot up to create one huge environment? Wouldn't that be amazing?

It would be awesome to start the game in, say, Vice City, but then take a plane or boat over the sea to San Andreas.

Something like that would be totally amazing...although not without its challenges of course :lol

offshore said:
Wasn't there a crazy rumour/suggestion ages ago - that I would still like to come true - whereby the settings of III, VC and SA would be loaded together in one boot up to create one huge environment? Wouldn't that be amazing?

It would be awesome to start the game in, say, Vice City, but then take a plane or boat over the sea to San Andreas.

Something like that would be totally amazing...although not without its challenges of course :lol
I hadn't heard that before and it sounds sort of silly, imo. It'd totally wreck the mission structure and just turn it into three separate sandboxes.

V_Ben said:
Not so obvious to me. Might I ask why you think this? :)

I would imagine because Gamescom is an EU conference. We've probably heard of the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell collections because Ubisoft is a french company.

Sly was an American game, revealed at an American gaming conference. I would imagine if there is a Team ICO collection it would be at TGS.

I'd actually like a Getaway Collection. The games weren't all that popular, but London in HD would be ace.

KZObsessed

Square Enix collections are what I want the most. :(

Kingdom Hearts Collection would be perfect with KH3 presumably still so far away.

rvy said:
What, you mean aside from being complete idiots?
If that's what we're going by, it'd make the most sense to mention Square-Enix above those others. Releasing the International versions of the FF games or the Final Mix versions of the KH games in the US for the first time would be extraordinarily lucrative for them, but they have a habit of consistently making bizarre and/or horrible business decisions. Capcom, on the other hand, loves free money and is probably pretty likely to do rereleases.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Eh, Sega or Capcom would probably be the first Japanese company to do a HD collection. I doubt Square Enix would do one.

V_Ben

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
I would imagine because Gamescom is an EU conference. We've probably heard of the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell collections because Ubisoft is a french company.

Sly was an American game, revealed at an American gaming conference. I would imagine if there is a Team ICO collection it would be at TGS.

I'd actually like a Getaway Collection. The games weren't all that popular, but London in HD would be ace.

I read his quote like those companies would NEVER do a classics collection. But yeah, having a company like ubisoft announce something like this at gamescom makes sense.

badcrumble said:
If that's what we're going by, it'd make the most sense to mention Square-Enix above those others. Releasing the International versions of the FF games or the Final Mix versions of the KH games in the US for the first time would be extraordinarily lucrative for them, but they have a habit of consistently making bizarre and/or horrible business decisions. Capcom, on the other hand, loves free money and is probably pretty likely to do rereleases.

If S-E did do game collections, they'd probably release them individually (the KH games at least), for $40 each. Also, I would hope that they'd make KH:reCOM available in europe for the first time. Capcom does seem like a likely company to go for free money :)

ULTROS! said:
I doubt Square Enix would do one.

SE employee: 'Sir, there is a substantial amount of money on the table for doing HD remakes of PS2 games'.

Wada: 'Leave it there, I love looking at money. Especially when its on such a beautiful table'

*At TGS*

Wada: 'The Japanese gaming industry is dying. We need to focus more on the West. That is where the money is'.

SE employee: 'Some of it. You've left quite a lot on that table though, back in Japan'

Wada: 'You shut your face, you stupid fuck. Fuck you. I know whats best. I am the leader of this empire and I'll do and say what I fucking want. NOW CONSTRUCT THAT FUCKING CLOSED MEGA THEATER!'

Wowbagger said:
This rumour better be true. Sands of Time is a true classic and replaying in HD with trophies would be oh so sweet. =)

Prince of Persia all 3 games with Trophies = FAINTS....

The Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands has some elements of old games but the Combat flat out sucks, its worst than anything I ever imagined.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cjelly said:
Removing BC turned out to be a genius idea, eh?

I'm all for BC (still working my way through P4 slowly) but 480i looks REALLY bad now a days in comparison to 1080/720 HD. If there is an option (and the collection is cheap ~$20-30) and it's games I enjoyed (SC, etc.) sure why not? Or hell, if it's a rare game (SMT: Nocturne) sure, why not?

BC should stay, but remaking/redoing the graphics of a game doesn't hurt if they turn it out well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I will definitely be picking this up as the PS2 release of Splinter Cell 1 had a bonus level not available in any other version. Ideally it will be all PC assets, the PS2 bonus level and the 3 DLC levels they released for free on Xbox live.

Splinter Cell 2 will hopefully utilize PC assets again.

Splinter Cell 3 should be PC assets and have split-screen co-op + the two extra missions they later released for free (for co-op).

I doubt any of that will happen.

Unregistered007 said:
Prince of Persia all 3 games with Trophies = FAINTS....

The Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands has some elements of old games but the Combat flat out sucks, its worst than anything I ever imagined.
Good thing the combat sucked in Sands of Time as well.

I would love to see the PoP trilogy get done with proper widescreen as you can't even hack it into the first and second games on PC properly (vert- and the hud is cut off).

V_Ben

Banned
Also, if the remake has spies vs mercs in it with full online, it'll sell like crazy. I've always wanted to play that mode :D

I'd get this day one if it turned out to be PC or even Xbox assets. Three of my favorite games ever, they hold up, remain atmospheric, and there's nothing like them now. I replay them often, and now I'd get trophies while doing it. So much win.

Pooya

Stallion Free said:
I will definitely be picking this up as the PS2 release of Splinter Cell 1 had a bonus level not available in any other version. Ideally it will be all PC assets, the PS2 bonus level and the 3 DLC levels they released for free on Xbox live.

Splinter Cell 2 will hopefully utilize PC assets again.

Splinter Cell 3 should be PC assets and have split-screen co-op + the two extra missions they later released for free (for co-op).
They released those for PC as well through a free patch, 1.03.

Burai

shitonmychest57
badcrumble said:
I don't know how necessary it is to compile sports & racing sequels, to be honest, since they're so iterative from one to the next.

PES is different. For every element they improve each year they break another five.

KAL2006

Banned
this would be perfect for me as I have never played this series, Sly will also be great as I have never played that series.

What I would like
Silent Hill Collection
Devil May Cry Collection
Kingdom Hearts Collection (KH1FM, KH2FM+, KH:CoM)
Xenosaga Trilogy
Prince of Persia SoT Trilogy

why do I want those collection, well it is because I have never played those games so it would make sense for me to pick them up, I would especially want Silent Hill and Kingdom hearts collections as I heard those are really good and timeless.

Raistlin

duckroll said:
That's another series I don't associate with Playstation! In fact, I don't even associate it with consoles! :lol

duckroll said:
Yeah I'm not surprised that Ubisoft would want to milk, I just don't feel that anyone would really associate Playstation 2 "classics" with Splinter Cell games. :lol

If you look at the GoW remake box, it says nothing about Playstation 2 classics. The series is meant to be HD remakes of popular games, which apparently can include stuff outside of PS2.

Why would they go through all this trouble to port PC versions of these games over to the PS3 and not do the same for the 360? 360's much more PC like than the PS3 so it would be safe to assume that it would be an easier thing to do, easy money to make.

Another thing: didn't the PS2 version of Splinter Cell 1(not sure about 2 & 3) contain exclusive levels not seen in other versions? If you port the PC version [which i assume doesn't contain that/those stage(s)] it'd be kinda weird without the exclusive stuff.

Raistlin

Freedom = $1.05 said:
360's much more PC like than the PS3

Other than the CPU, not really. PS3 is actually closer to conventional PC architectures.

Where 360 likely has the advantage for porting from PC is the coding environment. I would assume the tools are quite similar? A 360 dev would have to answer that.

scitek

What's the point in re-releasing the games that are already available, and run on, low-to-mid-end PCs? Aside from something like the Prince of Persia games that can't run in widescreen on the PC, I don't know how something like Chaos Theory can look much better "HD-ified." It still holds up remarkably well.

Suzzopher

All I want is Final Fantasy XII and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence in HD/3D glory.

edit: And an HD/3D Devil May Cry trilogy.

Top Bottom