• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(09-03-2010, 12:24 AM)

Hey guys! For PAX East, I started up the Live Update thread, and it went rather well. I didn't see any picture/meetup/update threads for PAX yet, so here we go.

I'm already at the con, and since I'm an exhibitor, I got a bunch of swanky photos of the exhibitor hall already. I'll be heading back relatively soon, but I wanted to get a jump on this thread in case anyone else has arrived.

Like PAX East, a common GAF meetup room will be the JAMSPACE room (Room 307/308, I believe) on the 3rd floor. (Just listen for the music.) I'm going to try and make some sort of GAF Meetup sign to throw up there, so we'll see how that goes.

Also, if anyone who unfortunately wasn't able to make it to PAX this year has any requests on stuff for us GAFers to take pictures of/get impressions of, post 'em here.

This is going to be an awesome expo. =)
Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(09-03-2010, 01:32 AM)

Some shots from the exhibitor hall. I have a shitload more, but I didn't want to clog the first post. You can check out the rest on the blog I write for.

Anyone else here yet? Btw, I'm about to head back to the exhibitor hall to get hands on with the new Rock Band 3 instruments. Anyone else have any requests? (Most stuff isn't set up yet, though.)
soco
(09-03-2010, 01:34 AM)
i'm not going to PAX this year, but if you guys do some meetup for drinks somewhere, i'll try and join!
CougRon
(09-03-2010, 01:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Dacvak

Oh wow. Pax is going to rock soooo much. Leaving to pick up my BYOC badge in just a little bit.
TheUnknownForce
(09-03-2010, 01:46 AM)
Looking a twitter during the festivities so far, I imagine the awesome level of this is going to be like 10 times PAX East.

Swag will be like 40 times. Barely got anything at PAX East.
bistromathics
facing a bright new dawn
(09-03-2010, 01:57 AM)
i just got here...in a hotel by the airport...i hope the trip on the rail isnt too long tomorrow
Gary Whitta
(09-03-2010, 01:58 AM)
Flying there right now! Will try to stop by the GAF room tomorrow :)
Chorazin
(09-03-2010, 02:11 AM)

Originally Posted by TheUnknownForce

Looking a twitter during the festivities so far, I imagine the awesome level of this is going to be like 10 times PAX East.

Swag will be like 40 times. Barely got anything at PAX East.

Pretty much EVERYONE underestimated the interest in PAX East. Next year it'll be bigger and have tons more industry support.
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(09-03-2010, 02:17 AM)
I am here, chilling at the downtown Ramada right now. Can we pick up our badge holders tonight? We have our badges and tickets, do we just take them to the keynote tomorrow?
butsomuch
(09-03-2010, 02:21 AM)

Tweetphotos from Elizabeth Stewart, PR Manager at Square Enix US
Firestorm
(09-03-2010, 02:36 AM)
I'm at the Sheraton now :)
Dacvak
(09-03-2010, 02:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Firestorm

I'm at the Sheraton now :)

Hey, I'm there too!

Ok, so, I just got done with a massive Rock Band 3 session with the Pro Guitar and Keyboard on their respective pro modes. BEST. THING. EVER.

It was soooo fucking unbelievable. Completely redefines Rock Band, no exaggeration. Incredible. I'll have a full write up on it later tonight, with pics and stuff. Man. It's soooo good.
Kimosabae
Thinks he can reserve an entire theater with the cost of a single ticket
(09-03-2010, 02:51 AM)
Does this officially start tonight or tomorrow?
Firestorm
(09-03-2010, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimosabae

Does this officially start tonight or tomorrow?

Tomorrow.
Spike
(09-03-2010, 03:45 AM)
I would be eternally grateful if someone from Canada would pick up any Mortal Kombat swag for me.
Dacvak
(09-03-2010, 09:56 AM)
Here are a few more shots I took. Enjoy. =)

I have a shiiiiiit load more pictures posted on my blog, too. Just didn't want to clog up GAF with effin' all of them. Woot. More pictures here, yo.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(09-03-2010, 10:27 AM)
That NBA Jam machine looks delicious.
anaron
(09-03-2010, 10:31 AM)
Everyone attending play Torchlight 2.
Dacvak
(09-03-2010, 06:27 PM)
I don't know if you guys saw yet, but I shot some pictures of the duke nukem forever booth. I'll edit a link and pics in as soon as I get to a computer... But it should be http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/2010/09...-has-returned/

That might redirect to the mobile site.
carbonbased
(09-03-2010, 11:19 PM)
i had a request for any of you gaffers going northwest for PAX '10: Riot Games is handing out two different free codes for League of Legends that unlock special in-game character skins. being a huge Singed player i would love you forever for getting me a Riot Gear Singed code. PAX Jax would be icing on the cake! <3 <3
Saint10118
(09-03-2010, 11:24 PM)
Not able to go this year, but sweet mother of god the amount of cheeto stained gamer nerds in downtown Seattle right now is staggering.
TheOddOne
(09-03-2010, 11:28 PM)
Are my eyes diseving deceiving me or is Gary Witta really banned?
theJwac
(09-03-2010, 11:33 PM)
If you see any Valve devs, can you ask them if The Sacrifice on L4D (not L4D2) will have versus mode scoring based on survivor health bonus or distance travelled?
bistromathics
facing a bright new dawn
(09-04-2010, 04:07 AM)
poked my head in the gamejam room a few times throughout the day and didn't see much. any GAF barhopping going down tonight/tomm?
Irish
(09-04-2010, 04:09 AM)
I wonder when we'll get info on the Sucker Punch panel.
SapientWolf
(09-04-2010, 04:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Irish

I wonder when we'll get info on the Sucker Punch panel.

It was pretty great. They had some early development demos of Infamous (aka Gear Wolf), some of which focused on cut features.

How did Gary catch a ban?
Firestorm
(09-04-2010, 07:11 AM)

Originally Posted by bistromathics

poked my head in the gamejam room a few times throughout the day and didn't see much. any GAF barhopping going down tonight/tomm?

Yeah I stopped by once but didn't see much inside.

I've been walking around in a black Olympic Canada hoodie. Say hi =)
Robot_AdamF
Robot Entertainment Rep
(09-04-2010, 07:24 AM)
Drop by the Gearbox/2K booth guys.. say hi to me :)

I'm the asian guy with black frame glasses (cant miss me!)

Just let me know you are from GAF so I won't be confused :)

Oh and check out Duke!!
OnPoint
(09-04-2010, 09:59 AM)

Originally Posted by GBX_AdamF

Drop by the Gearbox/2K booth guys.. say hi to me :)

I'm the asian guy with black frame glasses (cant miss me!)

Just let me know you are from GAF so I won't be confused :)

Oh and check out Duke!!

We're planning on stopping by tomorrow. I'll look for you
dekjo
(09-04-2010, 04:36 PM)
I'll check out the Jamspace a few times today to see if anyone is around.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any other thread, but Pachter was hilarious on the GiantBomb panel (they had a panel within a panel that had Pachter, Jeff Green, and Gary Whitta).

Pachter, apparently a little socially lubricated booze, called Take Two's CEO a fucking asshole for saying he's wrong about Mafia 2 being profitable, said games journalism should be more like People magazine, and did a crotch grab in front of Jeff Green's face. And those were just the highlights I could remember this morning. Dude was on a roll.

Also tried Kinect and Move for the first time - but just one game of each. Did the Move frisbee golf and the Kinect boxing game. Liked the Move game more, but that just might be because I'm old and like the tactile feel of something in my hand. The boxing game was too frantic for me to really know how accurate it was mimicking my movement.

Originally Posted by GBX_AdamF

Oh and check out Duke!!

But the line for Duke is soooo long.
Kuugrr
(09-04-2010, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by dekjo

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any other thread, but Pachter was hilarious on the GiantBomb panel (they had a panel within a panel that had Pachter, Jeff Green, and Gary Whitta).

Pachter, apparently a little socially lubricated booze, called Take Two's CEO a fucking asshole for saying he's wrong about Mafia 2 being profitable, said games journalism should be more like People magazine, and did a crotch grab in front of Jeff Green's face.

I nearly choked on a drink when that happened. It was just so quick in response to the "HD Wii" jab from Jeff. :lol
WickedCobra03
(09-04-2010, 05:55 PM)
Oh man. This looks so much better than PAX East. Maybe it is just because they are showing all of the holiday 2010 games, I dunno. I wish I were there! Have fun buddies!
Roxas
(09-04-2010, 06:04 PM)
Anyone know what time Square-Enix have their press conference/reveal/whatever it is?
Circle of Willis
(09-04-2010, 06:26 PM)
Any word on the DOTA announcement that Valve was supposed to be making at PAX?
Firestorm
(09-04-2010, 07:01 PM)
I'm in the Duke line right now...

Roxas, the SE conference was yesterday.
dekjo
(09-04-2010, 07:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Kuugrr

I nearly choked on a drink when that happened. It was just so quick in response to the "HD Wii" jab from Jeff. :lol

hopefully drew got a good shot of it and they post the show so it can be made into a gif.
kasavin
Supergiant Games
(09-05-2010, 03:53 PM)
If any of you come see Bastion in the PAX 10 area in south hall (in the corner near The Behemoth), let me know if you're from GAF and I'll give you a VIP Scumbag Cookie. Wait... that probably doesn't sound very appetizing... But in all seriousness it'd be cool to meet some of you, being a longtime lurker myself. I'll make sure you get a chance to play if it's crowded. Been a great show but I really want to get out and see some of the other stuff today. Yesterday went by so quickly.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(09-05-2010, 03:57 PM)
Keep us updated guys, I have no idea what's happening at PAX atm...
Firestorm
(09-05-2010, 04:59 PM)

Originally Posted by kasavin

If any of you come see Bastion in the PAX 10 area in south hall (in the corner near The Behemoth), let me know if you're from GAF and I'll give you a VIP Scumbag Cookie. Wait... that probably doesn't sound very appetizing... But in all seriousness it'd be cool to meet some of you, being a longtime lurker myself. I'll make sure you get a chance to play if it's crowded. Been a great show but I really want to get out and see some of the other stuff today. Yesterday went by so quickly.

Were you also on the PAX 10 #1 panel? I usually come by the booth to talk to my friends at Pixelante every now and then and wanted to to play yours but you were always being interviewed by one site or another!

Speaking of which play Fowl Space at the PAX 10!

Edit: wait I'm an idiot. You're Greg Kasavin.
carbonbased
(09-05-2010, 09:33 PM)
adding to my previous post, if anyone grabbed that League of Legends Riot Gear Singed code i will trade them a 1 month Xbox Live Gold code for it.
Cromulent_Word
Capybara Games
(09-06-2010, 01:36 AM)

the cookies we're f'n delicious greg, as was the game. great seeing you dude!

(it's nathan from capy)

(play Bastion everybody)
Firestorm
(09-06-2010, 09:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Cromulent_Word

the cookies we're f'n delicious greg, as was the game. great seeing you dude!

(it's nathan from capy)

(play Bastion everybody)

Yeah, those were good cookies :)

The game has an amazing art style.
AcridMeat
(09-06-2010, 09:22 AM)

Darn, wish I knew so I could have said so while I was chatting with you. :lol It's Peter if you remember.
Zapages
(09-09-2010, 02:16 AM)
Have you guys seen this from UBI:

A called Outland which is inspired by Prince of Persia and Ikaruaga, this 2D action-platformer is coming out on XBLA and PSN in 2011.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/111/1117613p1.html

some screen shots here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/0...73/imgs_1.html
Ogs
(09-12-2010, 11:38 PM)
Probs the wrong thread to post this, but did anyone go to this ?

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/NEWS...4/Default.aspx

Haven't seen it mentioned ....... anywhere, did it even happen ? Just curious to see what was discussed.
red shoe paul
Banned
(09-12-2010, 11:40 PM)

If any of you come see Bastion in the PAX 10 area in south hall (in the corner near The Behemoth), let me know if you're from GAF and I'll give you a VIP Scumbag Cookie.

I'll be there for a cookie. :D
OnPoint
(09-12-2010, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by red shoe paul

I'll be there for a cookie. :D

Do you have time machine?