• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

So, tumble seems pretty cool. Might buy it.
Is there a way to see what kind of medals you haven't got yet? She's only telling me that there are medals left, but not what I have to do to get them.

Smokey

Ordered Move a couple days ago from Amazon. Wasn't even looking forward to it tbh. I saw a video of Sports Champions...thought it looked interesting and for $80 figured why not!

Hope to be surprised by it when I get it on Friday.

Belfast

Apparently, TRU is giving $25 gift card when you buy the bundle and a second Move controller. I'd love to, but it's in the Sunday ad and I want it on Friday. :(

Perhaps they'll start that sale early.

UFRA

I'm amazed how excited I am for the Move.

When details first came out about it I was totally skeptical and anti-Move. Now, I'm about to go crazy if the 17th doesn't come fast enough. :lol

Blunty's review of Move really got me even more excited.

Wahz

tgs.playstation.jp now have Move demo live streaming

Just shown
--------------------
Beat Sketch
3 Big gun shooter
The fight

Ruse & pixel life clip

and finished

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
supermackem said:
Is this the bitch about everything stream.:lol

Apparently. Watched it for 3 minutes, turned it off.

"The controller is responsive, maybe TOO responsive." gtfo.

Corto

My right arm is aching... The pain... the pain... but oh the joy! Played a ton of table tennis and had a blast. The accuracy is wonderful, I just need to improve the timing of the racket attack on the AI long/high balls and then I will master this game. Is anyone putting together a online tournament?

ElyrionX

Tried it briefly in the store yesterday with some weird Japanese game that had you controling some guy on an office chair and racing down the street. It totally feels like Wii HD to me (i don't own a Wii BTW). I might buy it since my biggest problem with the Wii was the graphics but none of the games seem particularly compelling now.

Seems to be selling pretty well though. Some casual dude in his 30s who was there seemed to be really fascinated when the storekeeper was telling him how you can actually miss your swing in Tiger Woods if you don't do it right unlike the Wii version :lol. No idea how true that is though.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Wow, just got my Move today. Table Tennis was a blast! Sooo... accurate, and it was one of the most fun I've had in a while. I gotta work on my backhand, just like in real life :lol :lol

I was also really lucky. I reached the store just before lunchtime to get the last set of Sports Champions bundle. I can't wait for a tennis game to come out.

I seem to have some trouble with the Archery game though. When I played it the aim seems a bit inconsistent. Table tennis was perfect though.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
ElyrionX said:
Tried it briefly in the store yesterday with some weird Japanese game that had you controling some guy on an office chair and racing down the street. It totally feels like Wii HD to me (i don't own a Wii BTW). I might buy it since my biggest problem with the Wii was the graphics but none of the games seem particularly compelling now.

Seems to be selling pretty well though. Some casual dude in his 30s who was there seemed to be really fascinated when the storekeeper was telling him how you can actually miss your swing in Tiger Woods if you don't do it right unlike the Wii version :lol. No idea how true that is though.

Play Sports Champion. You'll change your mind. At least I did. I was sold the moment I picked up the controller and played table tennis.

Stampy

Table Tennis is really great. I hope that in the future more games of this type come out for Move (maybe a full and more refined table tennis game). That would be awesome. I am just not feeling the golf, disc golf, bocce and other types of games for which you have to wait to see the outcome of your swing.

Belfast

ElyrionX said:

You basically played the only game that doesn't actually use the Move properly.

Kung Fu Rider was originally a PSN game and doesn't actually track the ball. Essentially, it could be played (and was likely intended to be) with a Sixaxis/Dualshock 2.

I kind of wish they wouldn't demo it, to be honest, as it's clearly the weak link of the whole bunch, doesn't carry the same wow factor as the other games, and will probably frustrate the shit out of people.

It's just not a good demo of the technology.

Jtrizzy

noire said:
Man, I wanted to high 5 you in a show of 20gb solidarity, but then I remembered that I don't have mine anymore.
I was just noticing that too. I still have mine, but it's showing signs of the coming ylod.

Bradach

Has anyone heard of any shops in UK or Ireland breaking the street date? I spoke to GAME here in Dublin about selling me mine early and he said only if HMV or someone started selling them early. I don't think online stores count

Kinan

gogogow said:
Does The Fight require 2 move controllers?
Actually, any game that NEED you to have 2?

I bet this is most asked (and most answered) question in the move-related threads on neogaf. :p

So far, no game will REQUIRE you to have 2 controllers, even The Fight. But for some games you get much better experience with two.

jax (old)

Banned
Um,

does the controller need to charge before use? Updating firmware now and I've plugged the movemote into my pc to charge. What exactly is the preuse instructions for MOVE?

thechemist

dk_ said:
Is the Heavy Rain Move patch out yet?

22nd September.

And on 22nd September the Move Edition patch will be released and it will automatically download to your PS3 when you boot up Heavy Rain. So if you already have a copy of Heavy Rain, you can download this FREE patch and play the game with the new PlayStation Move controls.

It also has additional game fixes as well according to the eu blog.

Jax said:
Um,

does the controller need to charge before use? Updating firmware now and I've plugged the movemote into my pc to charge. What exactly is the preuse instructions for MOVE?

Mine came with a decent charge, so you don't need to have it charged.

I also noticed that there are quite a few games that you can play with the charging cable in. That this connects at the back is very convenient in that respect.

snap0212

Jax said:
Um,

You can play without charging it. I think you have to connect it to your PS3 via USB one and turn the thing on (Press the PS Button for a second). I think that's all you need to do. :)

Xater

Got my Move yesterday and went through all the demos. The tech works really well and I enjoyed Sports Champions and Tumble most. I have to say I am suprised by the Tumble reviews. What does GAF say? should I pick it up?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Updated review scores / counts:
Sports Champions - 75 average, 25 reviews (4 new reviews, no average change)
Flight Control HD - 2 reviews, 70 and 90, no metacritic average yet (TheSixthAxis review, which was the 90)
Tumble - 69 average, 8 reviews (2 new reviews, no average change)
Racquet Sports - 3 reviews, no Metacritic average yet because they wait for 4 reviews, math average is 60 (1 new review, average dropped from 62 to 60)
Start the Party - 56 average, 20 reviews (4 new reviews, no average change)
Kung Fu Rider - 39 average, 14 reviews (1 new review, no average change)

Corto

Any updates on the dates to Flower Move patch? Sorry if already answered but I'm on a cell phone, difficult to browse the thread.

No45

Xater said:
I have to say I am suprised by the Tumble reviews.
Reviews from anywhere reputable are almost universally positive. Just ignore IGN, problem solved.

Corto said:
Any updates on the dates to Flower Move patch? Sorry if already answered but I'm on a cell phone, difficult to browse the thread.
Seems to have gone quiet on that front, I don't think any comments have been made for months now.

jax (old)

Banned
Move gladiator... is more fun and immediate than all the wii sports games combined. I LOVE IT!

also, the archery game is amazing. Those are the 2 modes I am drawn to the most. THe system works amazingly well, and I think Nintendo has to be concerned, this is excellent. Combo that with the lovely visuals in the game, its just great.

Beating that chick with my massive hammer was hilarious.

Maxrunner

Saw the table tennis but it wasnt working that well since the guy was calm enough and the controls werent responding as they should some unit problem probably......also 349€ for the console and move and it doesnt include the nunchuk???good luck with that....

Roarer

So there's one game I'd like to see retrofitted with Move controls and 3D-support - Noby Noby Boy.

Using two Move controllers to stretch Boy would be awesome. And since you are constantly navigating a total 3D space (scaling all axis while rotating the camera) 3D-support makes total sense. I remember finding it really difficult trying to twirl around the clouds and making knots, mainly because it was so hard to determine your relative distance in 3D space.

Maxrunner said:
Saw the table tennis but it wasnt working that well since the guy was calm enough and the controls werent responding as they should some unit problem probably......also 349€ for the console and move and it doesnt include the nunchuk???good luck with that....

Dude, it comes with something much better than the navigation controller (you can't keep calling it nunchuck, the thing is wireless ;) ). IT COMES WITH A DUALSHOCK 3!

@Roarer: hell yeah, that would make a tonne of sense.

No45

Roarer said:
So there's one game I'd like to see retrofitted with Move controls and 3D-support - Noby Noby Boy.
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Maybe Takahashi (Is that right?) will do something for Move after he's done building childrens playgrounds, but in the mean time the chances of Namco/Bandai spending any more mony on Noby Noby Boy are less than zero. :(

Agreed though, would be cool.

jax (old)

Banned
bobbytkc said:
I seem to have some trouble with the Archery game though. When I played it the aim seems a bit inconsistent. Table tennis was perfect though.

I thought archery was amazingly accurate. Score a lot of 100% and nailed all but 1-2 of the melons.

The thing you might not be used to is the down angling as the arrow changes trajectory but the game does show it bending.

El-Suave

Xater said:
Got my Move yesterday and went through all the demos. The tech works really well and I enjoyed Sports Champions and Tumble most. I have to say I am suprised by the Tumble reviews. What does GAF say? should I pick it up?

I have bought the game, but haven't played it yet. But I was very impressed by the demo. In the last level I built a "tall" tower (with the few pieces that were available) that's probably not intended to be built that way, but it worked. It was a very shaky construction, but it was very satisfying when it stood in the end.

After playing it, I don't agree with the criticisms (including my own) about the sterile presentation any more. The last thing you'd want is to be distracted by something in the environment.

Maxrunner

Maastricht said:
Dude, it comes with something much better than the navigation controller (you can't keep calling it nunchuck, the thing is wireless ;) ). IT COMES WITH A DUALSHOCK 3!

@Roarer: hell yeah, that would make a tonne of sense.

Yeah i've seen the retarded videos of the atempts of using the dualshock, as you know, the navigation controller.....

No45

Maxrunner said:
Yeah i've seen the retarded videos of the atempts of using the dualshock, as you know, the navigation controller.....
It makes no sense to bundle an unnecessary item, when one of the primary aims is to make the cost as low as possible.

Bradach

I'm downloading MAG beta 1.04 patch now. Hey TTP have you tried the beta recently? They said patch 1.03 improved move controls. Do you notice any improvements?

Dwayne

Maxrunner said:

I did it today, no problems here. Personal experience > videos of retards.

Maxrunner said:

Disregarding that comment as you've obviously not tried it yourself whereas I have, I'd like to know if you'd have preferred the bundle to have a Move and a Navigation Controller but no DualShock 3 (Or should I perhaps call it Classic Controller ... ;) )

@Resi Move: package should arrive today or tomorrow, so I'll be able to give impressions soonish.

Maxrunner

Maastricht said:
Disregarding that comment as you've obviously not tried it yourself whereas I have, I'd like to know if you'd have preferred the bundle to have a Move and a Navigation Controller but no DualShock 3 (Or should I perhaps call it Classic Controller ... ;) )

it's just not made for the type of configuration that they want.....hey but that's me...

dk_

Dilli666 said:
Nobody tried the RE5 Move patch yet? I'm jealous how it turned out.
I thought you have to buy the Move edition of RE5. Will the normal version receive a patch, too?

glaurung

dk_ said:
I thought you have to buy the Move edition of RE5. Will the normal version receive a patch, too?
Only RE5 Gold supports Move.

I think they will patch the Gold copies that were sold prior to Move.

Regular RE5 sounds like a no-no.

Top Bottom