• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-18-2010, 06:19 PM)
duckroll's Avatar
The original OT has grown too large, please continue discussion in this new one. The original thread can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350591

The original OP follows below.























Last edited by duckroll; 09-23-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Haeleos
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:21 PM)
Haeleos's Avatar
I love this game so much. My game of the year so far, even though it came out last year. Can't wait to see what Project Dark looks like. I think I'll go play right now, actually...
BeeDog
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:21 PM)
BeeDog's Avatar
Wow, haven't seen that OP in ages. Still really nice :D makes me want to create a new character.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(09-18-2010, 06:22 PM)
Yoshichan's Avatar
Wow the new OP, or was the original one like that :lol
Canova
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:24 PM)
Canova's Avatar
No! No! No! Why did you do this duckroll?

At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread
Unregistered007
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:24 PM)
This thread is missing a Noob Guided. I have died 5 time on tutorial.... :lol :lol :lol
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(09-18-2010, 06:24 PM)
RustyNails's Avatar
Demon's Souls: So awesome that one OT doesn't do justice. Now its in the elite class of dual OT!
weekend_warrior
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:25 PM)
weekend_warrior's Avatar
Any news on the time table for Demons Souls 2?
SabinFigaro
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:25 PM)
SabinFigaro's Avatar
The end of an era.
DemiMatt
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:27 PM)
DemiMatt's Avatar
JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.
John Harker
Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
(09-18-2010, 06:30 PM)
John Harker's Avatar
Royal for life!
Celsior
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:32 PM)
Celsior's Avatar
I am dieing a shit ton, maybe priest was a bad idea.
Mindlog
(09-18-2010, 06:34 PM)
Mindlog's Avatar

Originally Posted by DemiMatt

JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.

Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.
elohel
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:35 PM)
elohel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celsior

I am dieing a shit ton, maybe priest was a bad idea.


what all do priests start with?
weekend_warrior
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:35 PM)
weekend_warrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by DemiMatt

JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.

Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.
Tucah
you speak so well
(09-18-2010, 06:36 PM)
Tucah's Avatar
I plan on starting this again sometime today. I had bought it back in January or so, hated it, and never touched the game again. I need to give it another try.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(09-18-2010, 06:37 PM)
The Technomancer's Avatar
When I get a PS3, this is literally the very first game on my list.
hamchan
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:42 PM)
hamchan's Avatar
So what's up with that 6th archstone?
DemiMatt
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:43 PM)
DemiMatt's Avatar

Originally Posted by weekend_warrior

Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.

Good to know thanks. I just chose them because I like using pole arms, and I forget why the Royal, but it sparked my interest.

Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.

Seriously, all these games ive been wanting are now coming 20 bucks, so wo0o!
astroturfing
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:43 PM)
astroturfing's Avatar
nooooooooo the original thread had almost 2mil views!

:(

rest in peace, the most legendary thread ever.
dreamer3kx
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:46 PM)
dreamer3kx's Avatar
Anybody have any recommendations on which worlds to go through in order?
Duke Togo
Member
(09-18-2010, 06:46 PM)
Duke Togo's Avatar
New Game + time!
Firehead
Adam's Significant Otter
(09-18-2010, 06:48 PM)
Firehead's Avatar
The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.
Keikoku
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:50 PM)

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx

Anybody have any recommendations on which worlds to go through in order?

Just keep 1-3 and 1-4 for the end. Toughest levels in the game imo.
Yurt
il capo silenzioso
(09-18-2010, 06:50 PM)
Yurt's Avatar
Best game I have EVER played :D
Canova
Banned
(09-18-2010, 06:52 PM)
Canova's Avatar

Originally Posted by Firehead

The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.


Eventhough, it's already a bit late, servers have slowed down. Newcomers are definitely missing out on the full Demon's Souls experience
Lumpy Onion
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:04 PM)
Happy to see this amazing game became this popular. I need to start playing this again. I got a slim recently to replace my fat ps3 and haven't gotten around to making a new character. I only got up to 2-3 or so overall I never made it too far so I shouldn't be too worried. No idea what class I want to be though. As opposed to the knight which I first chose, I think I may want something that utilizes magic more.
fistwell_old
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:15 PM)
fistwell_old's Avatar
Man, THIS GAME... it is GLORIOUS!!!! Real excited to hear it's getting a sequel of sorts. Also, on a related note, has TGS been effin golden this year or what.
soldat7
(09-18-2010, 07:17 PM)
soldat7's Avatar
One of the few true classics this gen has offered. I cannot wait for Project Dark.
oracrest
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:25 PM)
oracrest's Avatar

Originally Posted by canova

No! No! No! Why did you do this duckroll?

At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread


Yeah, kind of sad to see the great monument fall....
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(09-18-2010, 07:27 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar
I am going to start playing again fantastic game.
Sword Familiar
178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
(09-18-2010, 07:31 PM)
Sword Familiar's Avatar
*subscribed*

Just watching this thread makes me want to start a new character. Tempting...
Coldsnap
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:37 PM)
Coldsnap's Avatar
Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.
BaronLundi
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:39 PM)
BaronLundi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coldsnap

Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.

4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.
Kuran
Banned
(09-18-2010, 07:39 PM)
Kuran's Avatar
So after March 2011 you can no longer play DS online?

That is rather lame..
Coldsnap
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:41 PM)
Coldsnap's Avatar

Originally Posted by BaronLundi

4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.

Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?
oracrest
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:44 PM)
oracrest's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coldsnap

Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.

I played through as either the Temple Knight, or Knight, I don't remember. Whichever one starts with the armor of the guy on the cover.

I played through using bow and arrow, long sword, and spear.

My tips would be: Whenever truly stuck, try switching to two handed weapon style, rather than sword/shield, and see what that does for you. Master the dodge! If you time it right, you are totally invulnerable to most attacks when dodge jumping. It is also a move that is available to you very soon after attacking. Many times, with my playthrough, it was a choice between dodging correctly, and getting hit. There was no time to recover and block with shield. This helped a lot with enemies with long reaching melee attacks, like Tower Knight. Get real familiar with enemy attacks timing. Falling back, but dropping your shield will recharge your stamina much faster, and allow you to block more readily. It has saved my ass tons of times. Often, an enemy will totally dominate you unless you know the secret tricks to getting your stamina back up ASAP!
Zzoram
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:46 PM)
Zzoram's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuran

So after March 2011 you can no longer play DS online?

That is rather lame..

Hopefully Project Dark will come soon after that, and pick up the whole Demon's Souls community and then some.
bunbun777
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:50 PM)
bunbun777's Avatar

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx

Anybody have any recommendations on which worlds to go through in order?

1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can get the bow and kill the red dragon early, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.
Last edited by bunbun777; 09-18-2010 at 07:53 PM.
dreamer3kx
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:53 PM)
dreamer3kx's Avatar

Originally Posted by bunbun777

1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can kill the red dragon early and get the bow, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.

Ah, thanks man, will try this order.
Facism
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:53 PM)
Facism's Avatar
bah ducksu, in the previous thread i had asked if anyone knew of a guide i could use to get through the game with no hassles.

Anyone? :p There are 2 guides on gamefaqs but one is a pvp guide and the other one is a bit dodgy :o
Man
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:54 PM)
Man's Avatar
Game of the generation.
Broseybrose
Member
(09-18-2010, 07:56 PM)
Broseybrose's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coldsnap

Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?

YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)
Last edited by Broseybrose; 09-18-2010 at 08:02 PM.
GDJustin
stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
(09-18-2010, 07:59 PM)
Finally going to be picking up this game soon. Are there any noob guides out there?
Coldsnap
Member
(09-18-2010, 08:08 PM)
Coldsnap's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broseybrose

YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)

Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?
archnemesis
Member
(09-18-2010, 08:08 PM)
archnemesis's Avatar

Originally Posted by GDJustin

Finally going to be picking up this game soon. Are there any noob guides out there?

From GameFAQs: Starting tips for new players, including items you'll want to get early on and Another thread of basic explanations and tips for beginners.

Originally Posted by Coldsnap

Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?

Endurance increases stamina, equip weight and resistances against fire, poison and bleed damage.
Last edited by archnemesis; 09-18-2010 at 08:12 PM.
methane47
Member
(09-18-2010, 08:11 PM)
methane47's Avatar
I was half way through world 5 when my PS3 decided to not read blurays anymore..

I put 50+ hours into that game..

and Save file is System locked..

I have not played the game since....

that happened in February
ksamedi
Member
(09-18-2010, 08:12 PM)
ksamedi's Avatar
Bought a copy a week ago and still haven't opened it. I'm expecting an involving non casual game experience so I'm waiting for some free time before I start with this one. I can't wait though.
Broseybrose
Member
(09-18-2010, 08:34 PM)
Broseybrose's Avatar

Originally Posted by Coldsnap

Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?

END - 40 is max stamina. You can swing X amount of times at an opponent before stopping to let your stamina regen. Higher stamina = more swings.

END does many other important things like archnemesis mentioned. Most important stat for a melee character, i believe.
Brannon
Ladies! On my signal,
unleash boobs.
(09-18-2010, 08:37 PM)
Brannon's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Technomancer

When I get a PS3, this is literally the very first game on my list.

This is the game that forced my hand into getting a PS3!

Thread Tools