• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Screenshot Thread – SPOILERS

Since we had one for Halo 3, I think it's only proper that we have one for Reach as well. This is a gorgeous game, so it would be a shame not to show it off!

Try not to post huge images. If you have a lot, put 'em in thumbnails.

Since a lot of these images are going to be from campaign, anyone who hasn't finished campaign should leave this thread...NOW. Everyone is free to post any images from any point in the campaign. You're also free to post images from MP/Firefight/any custom game...whatever! Just take some screenshots.

How do you get screenshots?
1. Go to Bungie.net. Log in.
2. Click on the Noble symbol under your username (in the top right hand corner of your screen).
3. Now, on the left side of your screen, look under "File Share" and you should see "Recent Screenshots" under it. Click it.
4. Voila!

Ready? I'll start.

CJ1DG.jpg

iYCIT.jpg

droppedbear

Neo Member
Not a very artistic shot by me, but given the difficulties I encountered from Hunters in my first campaign, here was a screen shot from a firefight game.
reach_1082324_Medium.jpg

screenshot mode is awesome. I hope Gears 3 has something similar (and actually improves the image quality instead of being a direct frame buffer like last game).

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Nothing special, but it was the first image I made when I got reach.
84XPj.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Simo what shoulder piece is that on the right shoulder? (Left side of the picture)

Also, how do we take pictures from the single player using theater? Can you load up play sessions of campaign? If so, awesome. :)

Simo

zlatko said:
Simo what shoulder piece is that on the right shoulder? (Left side of the picture)

Also, how do we take pictures from the single player using theater? Can you load up play sessions of campaign? If so, awesome. :)

Not quite sure to be honest but I'll check later and let you know! Yeah you can load your campaign sessions in theater and take screenshots including the cutscenes.

Simo

zlatko, that shoulder piece is one of EVA pieces you can buy.

I replayed the last area in campaign to see if can manipulate the camera in theater mode to see the Chief like you can in the game but alas you can't. So I took a shot of the PoA instead which looks amazing in Reach.
2nk6y43.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Simo said:
zlatko, that shoulder piece is one of EVA pieces you can buy.

I replayed the last area in campaign to see if can manipulate the camera in theater mode to see the Chief like you can in the game but alas you can't. So I took a shot of the PoA instead which looks amazing in Reach.
2nk6y43.jpg

Thank you. :)

This game has such awesome looking backgrounds during the campaign. I just don't understand why Bungie didn't make multiplayer maps using those incredible backdrops/weather effects to make the game look even better. Forge made maps look like Halo 3 and less graphics wise. Plus they just feel "cheap" and uninspired.

If DLC maps happen they really need to make use of putting the awesomeness of Reach in them

Proelite

Halo Reach doesn't look much better than Halo 3. Don't need more proof than the shots below. /sarcasm
2z50kmg.jpg

Presenting Halo 4 on the Xbox 720.
35l9e93.jpg

2h2lisk.jpg

Dynamic shadows.
5od0tw.jpg

34finfb.jpg

RedStep

Proelite said:
Halo Reach doesn't look much better than Halo 3. Don't need more proof than the shots below.

I hope this is just a retarded joke. Did you not see any of the other, non-shitty shots in this thread? Don't need much more proof than that.

Proelite

GhaleonEB said:
reach_1720706_Full.jpg

And a space ostrich shall lead them.

I never noticed that the moa had such amazing fur / feather. Would have been great to see that tech used on Brutes.

Btw, photobucket sucks. Use tinypic.

Rabbitwork said:
http://www.visualattackformation.com/images/reach1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.visualattackformation.com/images/reach2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.visualattackformation.com/images/reach3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
This is probably my favorite area in the game. D:

Mastperf

I think the pics actually look worse than the actual game this time. They're alias-free but the game seems cleaner with better color. I dunno, maybe it's just me..

reach_1474175_smalllnxt.jpg

So one simple needle killed her...wtf?

Apath

Mastperf said:
I think the pics actually look worse than the actual game this time. They're alias-free but the game seems cleaner with better color. I dunno, maybe it's just me..

http://www.abload.de/img/reach_1474175_smalllnxt.jpg
So one simple needle killed her...wtf?
My first thought was "What... no shields?" You would think Bungie would be creative enough to kill off their lead characters in a way that actually fits with the lore. Like make it a sniper shot or something.

Speaking of, some dip shit actually spoiled this in the Reach OT for me. I never highlighted it, but they went "Kat's
death
was a lot more random than the others" as if someone would not be able to guess what was behind the spoiler. I hope you're reading this you jackass -_-
-----------------------
This was from one of my first firefight matches.
GJ4Cg.jpg

Mastperf

It was like in Fable 2 where your dog jumps in front of the bullet to save you. I was shot hundreds of times through the game and didn't even flinch. What makes developers make such poor decisions? It can't be a lack of time as we could come up with something better in probably 5 mins. or less on here.

Top Bottom